Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bled a radiator last night and heating not working now

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭newaccount2017

Thanks everyone for all the help. I think I'll call a plumber and hopefully it'll be sorted then. It's due the yearly service. I'm glad it went during summer and not winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,660 ✭✭✭CoBo55

You're so close..don't chicken out now!! Open the locknut and turn the centre screw slowly clockwise until the water starts flowing, have your hand on the black knob ready to turn off the water as soon as it reaches 1 bar as it will rise quickly. I'd say the valve is stuck like them all, they're a dreadful bloody invention they always give trouble. Remember to leave the black knob closed when your finished otherwise water will keep entering the system driving the pressure sky high and as was said earlier lifting the 3 bar safety valve or bursting the expansion vessel.

Advertisement