Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 16 Transfer Thread:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pulisic out Alli in. Not a penny in the bank and the happiest i've been with my squad all season:

Henderson(McGovern)
    TAA Robertson Lundstram(Soyuncu, Rico)
    Alli Mané KDB Zaha(Dendoncker)
    Abraham Vardy Jimenez

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Probably just do Jiminez tback to Abraham. A waste of a transfer and cost me around ten points

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Guaita in Pope out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

manual_man wrote: »
    Pulisic out Alli in. Not a penny in the bank and the happiest i've been with my squad all season:

Henderson(McGovern)
    Abraham Vardy Jimenez

Something what I'm aiming for but can't get the funds.

What's your TV? Must have caught a good few of them before price rises.

I've Tielemans in MF and same other 4 and Dunk and Tomori in defence the 2 other different ones.

And then the VAJ.

And I'm out over 2mil for it and I've caught a good few of the prices rises this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

shmeee wrote: »
    Something what I'm aiming for but can't get the funds.

What's your TV? Must have caught a good few of them before price rises.

I've Tielemans in MF and same other 4 and Dunk and Tomori in defence the 2 other different ones.

And then the VAJ.

And I'm out over 2mil for it and I've caught a good few of the prices rises this season.

My team value isn't amazing. I got on Mané and Vardy very late, though i got on some others early - Lundstram, Soyuncu, Jimenez, Abraham. Team resale value £102.7m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

My team value isn't amazing. I got on Mané and Vardy very late, though i got on some others early - Lundstram, Soyuncu, Jimenez, Abraham. Team resale value £102.7m

The Lord Lundstram train and Tammy were the ones so.

I've just done

Pope to McGovern
    Tomoro to TAA

Exact funds for transfer, bank empty and TAA may rise tonight.

Gonna just set and forget with Robbo and TAA averaging about 12 points between them each game week. I'll take that, long may it continue.

TAA may be a rotation risk this GW I feel, hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Salah In Sterling out
    Tammy in Kane out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Mount out - Alli in I reckon

Also need to get rid of McGinn & VVD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Henderson(McGovern)
    Abraham Vardy Jimenez

looks a great team. Had 8 of those players already and was 3 million short of matching that team!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Brought in Alli, I’ll be captaining him this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Have a transfer to use so considering a 1 week punt on Auba > Kane and re-assess with 2 FT's then. Is this madness? Could also get Jesus but United looked pretty good last night whereas Burnley were awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have a transfer to use so considering a 1 week punt on Auba > Kane and re-assess with 2 FT's then. Is this madness? Could also get Jesus but United looked pretty good last night whereas Burnley were awful.

I'm guessing you didn't see Kane play last night if you're considering bringing him in?!

Why would you want to get rid of Auba for Kane?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Green&Red wrote: »
    Brought in Alli, I’ll be captaining him this weekend

He is a never captain for me
    Ever
    Did it once and I won’t be ever again !

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

km79 wrote: »
    Ever

One game isn't the greatest sample size though.

I'm guessing you didn't see Kane play last night if you're considering bringing him in?!

No, didnt see it . . . . I'm guessing he was bad yea?

siblers wrote: »
    Why would you want to get rid of Auba for Kane?

Arsenal are muck and their fixtures are turning. He was blessed to get 2 goals against Norwich and West Ham were pretty good defensively at home to Chelsea. Apart from the goals he was non existent imo. Have Vardy and Abraham so looking at another striker. Jesus in my thoughts too but never done well for me before.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

One game isn't the greatest sample size though.

It’s based on watching him every year !
    He just isn’t the type of player to captain imo
    He doesn’t take set pieces which are always a plus when captaining a mid
    But it mainly because you just can not say for certain he is likely to be involved in goal action any given game due to the way he plays

Last night was a carbon copy of the game I captained him
    Did absolutely nothing and was lucky he popped up with a goal
    The weeks before and after he did the same but without the goal !
    Not a captain option for me ever

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »
    Ever

There isn’t a great choice this weekend. He’s flying and it’s a good fixture

Will undoubtedly fail

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

No, didnt see it . . . . I'm guessing he was bad yea?
    How did ya see United but not Kane :confused:

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    How did ya see United but not Kane :confused:

I didnt see it, I'm going by match reports that they were the better team. Will try and catch some highlights and form my own opinion.

Arsenal are muck and their fixtures are turning. He was blessed to get 2 goals against Norwich and West Ham were pretty good defensively at home to Chelsea. Apart from the goals he was non existent imo. Have Vardy and Abraham so looking at another striker. Jesus in my thoughts too but never done well for me before.

Fair enough about Auba but Kane is in awful form.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Got rid of Abraham for Kane the other GW, think I should reverse that decision now

Have 2 FT's

Kane -> Abraham
    Mount -> Alli

Think they are two good choices

Have Salah & Mane too, need to punt one of those soon enough too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭893bet

Shelvey making eyes at me.

Thinking pulsic to shelvey which gives funds for a cheap defender to be become TAA if I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

To anyone that ditched Abraham last week, don’t post about it, don’t try to overthink it, just reverse last weeks transfer and draw a line under it.

To anyone that ditched Abraham last week, don’t post about it, don’t try to overthink it, just reverse last weeks transfer and draw a line under it.

Yellow flagged though. Don't want to bring him in if he's not fit

Hard to disagree with that.

I’ll let them play Everton first and then bring him back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭macraignil

klopparama wrote: »
    Hard to disagree with that.

I’ll let them play Everton first and then bring him back in.

Just checked fplstatistics there and Abraham is already back up to 60% to a rise in price after being close to a drop before playing last night. Could cost more for anyone waiting to bring him in with that rate of a rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

macraignil wrote: »
    Just checked fplstatistics there and Abraham is already back up to 60% to a rise in price after being close to a drop before playing last night. Could cost more for anyone waiting to bring him in with that rate of a rise.

The game is nuts, the minute people see a player at 50 or 25 percent than they are off them so quick.

A quick look at lampards press conference should have given away that it was a small injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

jamesbere wrote: »
    The game is nuts, the minute people see a player at 50 or 25 percent than they are off them so quick.

A quick look at lampards press conference should have given away that it was a small injury.

It was a small injury that kept him from playing a match a few days before.

I tend to listen to a lot of the manager interviews and read into what they are saying. Usually I get it spot on with injuries, but I thought there was a serious chance of Abraham being on the bench and only used if Chelsea were struggling late on. Maybe I missed something, but I took from Lampard that Abraham was still struggling even if he was back in training.

Advertisement