Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All's not well in FG.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Billcarson wrote: »
    Likely ff with the greens

didnt work out too great for the greens last time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

golfball37 wrote: »
    In most functioning democracies underperforming ministers can be sacked without the need to change government.

except murphy is performing exactly how they want him too! hes's a sacrificial lamb!

back to the normal practice of rip off prices that suit many here? yeah! Are all the decision makers here homeowners with vested interests in rising prices? Yes...

you dont need to be sherlock holmes to crack this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Indeed but they seem to be making a bit of a comeback, not that I will be voting for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

Going Green is cooler now. Climate change, emissions, plastic waste isn't great, shouty Scandinavian girleen etc. They'll corner the cool vote.

Going Green is cooler now. Climate change, emissions, plastic waste isn't great, shouty Scandinavian girleen etc. They'll corner the cool vote.

They wont be so cool if they get in and then want carbon tax the ****e out of us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Billcarson wrote: »
    They wont be so cool if they get in and then want carbon tax the ****e out of us.

What party would you like then? You don't want FF, FG, the GP or any party that is going to bring in taxes like the carbon tax.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Simon Coveney ready to pounce!

Capability wise, I would argue he is worse than Leo. If Coveney is FG's great hope, they are in real trouble.

Capability wise, I would argue he is worse than Leo. If Coveney is FG's great hope, they are in real trouble.

Why do you think he's worse than Leo?

Berserker wrote: »
    What party would you like then? You don't want FF, FG, the GP or any party that is going to bring in taxes like the carbon tax.

Independents and sf will be getting my votes.

I'm all for the environment but I'm against carbon taxes as that wont solve much imo. The greens in particular no doubt will want to carbon tax us to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Why do you think he's worse than Leo?
    He climbed into his father's coffin to get the seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well coveney was the non TD/councillors pick in the leadership contest by a wide margin so the FG party members are high on him.

ill consider voting fG again, after a period in opposition. IF splinter goes and IF they remember who put them there and decided to actually represent them next time!

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well coveney was the non TD/councillors pick in the leadership contest by a wide margin so the FG party members are high on him.
    But they're morons. Fine Gael are at the end of the day a tenth rate Fianna Fail.

He climbed into his father's coffin to get the seat.

Plenty of sons took their father's seat in the Dáil. It's not a measure of his capability.

But they're morons. Fine Gael are at the end of the day a tenth rate Fianna Fail.

I'm just telling you that they favoured him in 2017.

Plenty of sons took their father's seat in the Dáil. It's not a measure of his capability.
    If one person is handed a seat because their dad dies tragically and another gets it by climbing up the greasy pole - the pole climber will be more able.

Look at the last FF government.
    Cowen - coffin climber
    Lenehan - coffin climber
    Hanafin - coffin climber
    Coughlan - coffin climber

O'Cuiv every door opened
    Cullen every door opened

Worst government in the history of the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

When FG put the country into receivership, then we can begin to discuss how bad FG are compared to FF.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm just telling you that they favoured him in 2017.
    You are of course quite right. But the opinions of the FF members may nbot match to the population as a whole.

When FG put the country into receivership, then we can begin to discuss how bad FG are compared to FF.

wont be waiting long at this rate! Luxury tax payer funded apartments in dundrum for the workshy! wont be able to blame the german this time round!

You are of course quite right. But the opinions of the FF members may nbot match to the population as a whole.

I assume you mean FG members but point taken. Of course the decisions of any political party members doesn't represent the country as a whole.

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »
    wont be waiting long at this rate! Luxury tax payer funded apartments in dundrum for the workshy! wont be able to blame the german this time round!

Good point. Nobody left to vote for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That's some bar.
    Wait until FG cause rather than manage and exacerbate a national crisis.
    Maybe we should be looking elsewhere? I think going into the polling booth with your eyes closed and sticking a pin and voting for who ever it lands on is justified after decades of FF/FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

FG only avoided doing that because they lost the election prior to the crash. Their proposals were to add petrol to the fire of the building boom. The major steps needed to stabilize the situation after the crash were Lenihan’s. FG simply screwed people over and talked about reclaiming economic sovereignty while they took orders from Germany. Which at least some Germans now admit were ideological. FG are a major reason why the country has the succession of crises it has. As well as really wanting to be west Brits at heart.

You were shown how FG are in the minority on the council who is bringing that in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

except murphy is performing exactly how they want him too! hes's a sacrificial lamb!

back to the normal practice of rip off prices that suit many here? yeah! Are all the decision makers here homeowners with vested interests in rising prices? Yes...

you dont need to be sherlock holmes to crack this one!

But sure all were told is no one can afford to buy houses anymore so that’s not a great master plan is it?

If one person is handed a seat because their dad dies tragically and another gets it by climbing up the greasy pole - the pole climber will be more able.

Look at the last FF government.
    Cowen - coffin climber
    Lenehan - coffin climber
    Hanafin - coffin climber
    Coughlan - coffin climber

O'Cuiv every door opened
    Cullen every door opened

Worst government in the history of the state.

That must be it..........

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    FG only avoided doing that because they lost the election prior to the crash. Their proposals were to add petrol to the fire of the building boom. The major steps needed to stabilize the situation after the crash were Lenihan’s. FG simply screwed people over and talked about reclaiming economic sovereignty while they took orders from Germany. Which at least some Germans now admit were ideological. FG are a major reason why the country has the succession of crises it has. As well as really wanting to be west Brits at heart.

No, the writing was on the wall when McCreevy uttered the words "When I have it I will spend it, when I don't I won't spend it." The "It" was money from the European Central Bank.
    A few months later Bertie was in a cupboard advertising the Irish Sun and Cowan was langered talking crap on Morning Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

what was the last large piece of infrastructure that didnt involve an eye watering budget overspend?

E voting machines -50 million

Port tunnel- 800 million when was supposed to be 400 million.

100 million wasted on mater hospital plans for the children’s hospital.

That’s off the top of my head.

Fianna Fáil have some brass neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Berserker wrote: »
    He'll vote for the hurlers from the ditches and leave the issue of national governance and fiscal prudence to those that know better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

ELM327 wrote: »
    He'll vote for the hurlers from the ditches and leave the issue of national governance and fiscal prudence to those that know better.

I'm up for a laugh, who would that be now?

"Sure I crash the car and blame you, but those lads have never even driven it, so give me the keys again" :)

Advertisement