Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controversial Opinion:

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,547 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What do you want me to say? Of course it’s pretty general..

Glaring deficiencies are the lack of rhythm, fluidity and cohesion. Very disjointed..in other words, not boxers of any type of caliber.

As pro boxers go neither are anywhere near quality...

Have I seen worse pro boxers? Yes....

KSI would be difficult to beat for a poor pro boxer. Anyone with talent and pedigree, not that difficult at all..

All rds were similar. Rd 3 probably best rd..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Rashers Big Log

walshb wrote: »
    What do you want me to say? Of course it’s pretty general..

Glaring deficiencies are the lack of rhythm, fluidity and cohesion. Very disjointed..in other words, not boxers of any type of caliber.

As pro boxers go neither are anywhere near quality...

Have I seen worse pro boxers? Yes....

KSI would be difficult to beat for a poor pro boxer. Anyone with talent and pedigree, not that difficult at all..

All rds were similar. Rd 3 probably best rd..

So at least you admit KSI is a proper pro boxer. I think his style is extremely disruptive and would give guys huge problems. What do you make of the Puhalo rumour? Also about your point with fluidity, I believe this lack of fluidity is what makes KSI particularly suited to improve and challenge for titles. You never know what’s coming next. Rhythm and fluidity are very overrated in boxing and I’ve boxed a good bit

I never said he was a “proper” pro boxer, whatever that is..

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

This has to be a complete troll job.

KSI and LP could compete with Michael Conlon and give Tony Bellew a decent shot??? Obviously size would be on there side if they boxed Conlon, but they would find it extremely hard to get close to him, he'd also stop them to the body very easily, as for Bellew? he would beat them in the same night within a round. I'd go as far as to say he'd beat them at the same time.

Not to take anything from the two of them, they didn't look terrible considering they are only training for 2 years. But comparing them to decent pros is a stretch. If boxing was ranked like some Martial Arts are, I'd say the 2 lads are yellow belts, but you'd expect them to beat a black belt. Never going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

So at least you admit KSI is a proper pro boxer. I think his style is extremely disruptive and would give guys huge problems. What do you make of the Puhalo rumour? Also about your point with fluidity, I believe this lack of fluidity is what makes KSI particularly suited to improve and challenge for titles. You never know what’s coming next. Rhythm and fluidity are very overrated in boxing and I’ve boxed a good bit

That's like saying "putting one leg in front of the other" is overrated in the 100m sprint. Sorry, "very" overrated.
    In other news, Usyk has abandoned his charge at the heavyweight title and has instead called out Leo Santa Cruz at a catch weight of 160. When asked why he responded "Sure it's all the one".

• Advertisement

This has to be a complete troll job.

KSI and LP could compete with Michael Conlon and give Tony Bellew a decent shot??? Obviously size would be on there side if they boxed Conlon, but they would find it extremely hard to get close to him, he'd also stop them to the body very easily, as for Bellew? he would beat them in the same night within a round. I'd go as far as to say he'd beat them at the same time.

Not to take anything from the two of them, they didn't look terrible considering they are only training for 2 years. But comparing them to decent pros is a stretch. If boxing was ranked like some Martial Arts are, I'd say the 2 lads are yellow belts, but you'd expect them to beat a black belt. Never going to happen.

Not disagreeing here with everything. But MC is 125 lbs. Not at all a puncher. How is he stopping these 200 lbs men, (who are naturally big and in shape), to the body? And very easily?

They are far too big in every area for a clearly smaller man like MC..

Let’s not get carried away here. In a scale 1-10 with 10 being elite, these lads are likely a 3. Many many many 200lbs pros similarly rated; that doesn’t mean some FW can easily take them out. It doesn’t work like that..

Not disagreeing here with everything. But MC is 125 lbs. Not at all a puncher. How is he stopping these 200 lbs men, (who are naturally big and in shape), to the body? And very easily?

They are far too big in every area for a clearly smaller man like MC..

Let’s not get carried away here. In a scale 1-10 with 10 being elite, these lads are likely a 3. Many many many 200lbs pros similarly rated; that doesn’t mean some FW can easily take them out. It doesn’t work like that..

OK, Maybe 'easily' is a bit of an over exageration. I still think he would be impossible for them to land a glove on him and I'd say if he landed a hook to the body, they'd feel it. Wether it would drop them is another thing. Lets say an decent Pro at middleweight like Spike O'sullivan would wipe the floor with them.

OK, Maybe 'easily' is a bit of an over exageration. I still think he would be impossible for them to land a glove on him and I'd say if he landed a hook to the body, they'd feel it. Wether it would drop them is another thing. Lets say an decent Pro at middleweight like Spike O'sullivan would wipe the floor with them.

Yes, good strong decent middles should eat them two..

Talent and skill wise they are way below quality, but so are many others that are campaigning as pro boxers.

Both are still big men...

Btw, MC is not Floyd Mayweather. He can be tagged a lot easier than you think..

Yes, good strong decent middles should eat them two..

Talent and skill wise they are way below quality, but so are many others that are campaigning as pro boxers.

Both are still big men...

Btw, MC is not Floyd Mayweather. He can be tagged a lot easier than you think..

MC still has a long way to go, but i thought he was very good in his last fight. He has looked average at times. He was an excpetional amature boxer, he needs to adapt to the pro style a bit more.
    Those two Mckenna brothers have impressed me as pros. I'd have Aaron further along in his development than MC is at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Rashers Big Log

I reckon KSI would be better off taking on the “Gypsy Kings” Tyson and Hughie first before quickly dispatching this loser but still, money talks https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/50378222

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Except these two guys are now pro boxers to be fair to them.

In what way?

I wouldnt consider James Milner fighting Marcus Rashford being watched by Liverpool and Utd fans who dont watch boxing to be professional boxers.

If they werent famous youtubers whos online following paid to see this it would be classed as what it was, white collar boxing.

Are they full time boxers now or will they go back to their day jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭squinn2912

This thread is fantastic gotta appreciate the passion. But about Usyk had me doubled over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

MC still has a long way to go, but i thought he was very good in his last fight. He has looked average at times. He was an excpetional amature boxer, he needs to adapt to the pro style a bit more.
    Those two Mckenna brothers have impressed me as pros. I'd have Aaron further along in his development than MC is at the moment.

You think Aaron McKenna is further along than Michael Conlan in his pro development ?

Big Ears wrote:
    You think Aaron McKenna is further along than Michael Conlan in his pro development ?

I think Aaron Mckenna has showed he has more power and has a style more suited to the pro game. Conlon has shown he gets hit, and has literally no power at Super Bantam/feather

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I think Aaron Mckenna has showed he has more power and has a style more suited to the pro game. Conlon has shown he gets hit, and has literally no power at Super Bantam/feather

Well that's a bit different.
    McKenna also has a style more 'suited' to the pro game than someone like Luke Campbell, but he's certainly not further along in his development than Luke.

There's no question Conlan severely lacks power. He's probably going to have to rely on catching guys with counters they don't see coming to hurt them, because he's not a natural puncher at all.
    However I don't think McKenna is a puncher either, he's getting a chance to load up on his opposition because they're a very low standard and he's managing to stop the less durable ones as a result.
    I'd nearly expect Walshb to be telling us in a couple of years his lack of power is why he won't make it !

His style is certainly aggressive right now, but that's easy when nothing is coming back.
    When he gets to a level of fighting guys who have some capability he may have to box off the backfoot a bit more, but we'll find out when that happens.

I think McKenna is doingng a grand job btw, and they're matching him fine for his age. But we need to keep things in context that he's facing an exceptionally low level of opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

This thread has me questioning my life and sanity.
    Some crazy talk going on in here.

Advertisement