Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Players to Watch 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Greenwood is one injury away from starting. Martinelli is a lot further away
    Maybe... though the likes of Martial or Sanchez can play up front also. I just really don't want to lose team value early on, be a pain if then i decide i want to upgrade later on. But then Lundstram may lose his place and Dendoncker would be my only playing sub. Not ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Maybe... though the likes of Martial or Sanchez can play up front also. I just really don't want to lose team value early on, be a pain if then i decide i want to upgrade later on. But then Lundstram may lose his place and Dendoncker would be my only playing sub. Not ideal.

Sanchez is out for 3/4 weeks
    And might even still be sold if anyone will buy him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

I’m thinking Iwobi will get more game time at Everton & Drinkwater will play at Burnley

Both cheap

Means I can now afford taa, sterling,kane, & Aubameyang

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

daheff wrote: »
    I’m thinking Iwobi will get more game time at Everton & Drinkwater will play at Burnley

Both cheap

Means I can now afford taa, sterling,kane, & Aubameyang

Barkley is a better option at 6.0

Drinkwater will play alright, but not great for FPL. Are you planning on playing him?

km79 wrote: »
    Sanchez is out for 3/4 weeks
    And might even still be sold if anyone will buy him

Ole on
    @Alexis_Sanchez
    : "Alexis has come in and trained well. He's four or five weeks behind the boys but he's a striker that we think is going to score goals."

I doubt he'll be sold. He's behind in terms of a preseason but is back training. He'll probably be available next gw or the one after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ole on
    @Alexis_Sanchez
    : "Alexis has come in and trained well. He's four or five weeks behind the boys but he's a striker that we think is going to score goals."

I doubt he'll be sold. He's behind in terms of a preseason but is back training. He'll probably be available next gw or the one after

Imagine if he recapture some form...........

km79 wrote: »
    Imagine if he recapture some form...........
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Is anyone sticking in Martinelli as their cheap 4.5m fwd fodder?? I really don't want to pick Greenwood, it feels like he's a price drop waiting to happen. Martinelli is less than 1% owned probably safe from price drops. Auba/Laca/Pepe will almost certainly be the front 3, but after that Mkhi and Martinelli are the only options after Iwobi, Welbeck and Nketiah have all left. He may get some minutes and is a very talented lad from what i saw.

I'd be shocked if he gets any game time at all.

I'd say Pepe, Mkhitaryan, Nelson, Ozil, sometimes Aubameyang, Smith Rowe, Saka and probably even Kolasinac will be preferred to him on the wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

Barkley is a better option at 6.0

Drinkwater will play alright, but not great for FPL. Are you planning on playing him?

Not sure barkley will play every week. Drinkwater is benchfodder, but at least will be picking points up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Watford Watch.

Possible OOP:
    Feminia lining out in Midfield.
    (4.4-defender)

Foulquier 4.0 defender starting today.

Could be enablers if either continues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Willock might get the start if ceballos continues to disappoint as has been the case recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Willock might get the start if ceballos continues to disappoint as has been the case recently.

Ceballos has been really, really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    Watford Watch.

Possible OOP:
    Feminia lining out in Midfield.
    (4.4-defender)

Foulquier 4.0 defender starting today.

Could be enablers if either continues.

Well that's a kiss of death if I've ever seen one.

That Foulquier chap now taken off on 33mins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

shineon23 wrote: »
    Well that's a kiss of death if I've ever seen one.

That Foulquier chap now taken off on 33mins :D

They probably shoved Femenia up for extra defensive ability in midfield. Except they forgot he was Femenia and can't actually defend anyway. He was doing OK stats wise before this game so still could be finding his way into my team at some point.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Ceballos has been really, really good.

Odd then that since the burnley game where he was brilliant his minutes played in the three games since are 60, 27 & 59 mins.

He could be excellent today but he’d want to me to stave off competition from willock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Odd then that since the burnley game where he was brilliant his minutes played in the three games since are 60, 27 & 59 mins.

He could be excellent today but he’d want to me to stave off competition from willock.
    He's on loan, with no option to buy. No manager is gonna make a player like that a regular only for him to leae a big hole next year. Arsenal are clearly rebuilding, they're better off allowing the players that they can build with get pitch time.

If they end up with a realistic chance at 4th, things might change, but for now, I don't see it.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    He's on loan, with no option to buy. No manager is gonna make a player like that a regular only for him to leae a big game hole next year. Arsenal are clearly rebuilding, they're better off allowing the players that they can build with get pitch time.

If they end up with a realistic chance at 4th, things might change, but for now, I don't see it.

Well he really isn’t a fantasy football option if your logic is is correct....I’d have major doubts it is.

A manager under pressure like emery is going to pick his best team to win the game and no worry too much about holes in the team 12 months from now.

Anyway ceballos might have a stormer today and for the rest of the season but I’m just saying keep an eye on willock. He’s a cheap option at 5 million.

That is literally a non-argument.

His minutes don’t mean he’s been poor.

He has been ridic effective when playing. He doesn’t fit into a 90 minute game for Arsenal with their tactics

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

A 4.5 mid starting for arsenal - Saka

He doesn’t fit into a 90 minute game for Arsenal with their tactics

Can you explain that? What is it about Arsenal’s tactics that means ceballos isn’t favored for entire games?

• Advertisement

Can you explain that? What is it about Arsenal’s tactics that means ceballos isn’t favored for entire games?

He is an Aaron Ramsey type position (pretty much central mid)

Arsenal play a counter attack primarily under Emery - Therefore two attacking full backs, two sitting midfielders (two of Torreira, Xhaka, Guendouzi) and a box-to-box (generally Torreira) two pacy wingers and a centre forward.

Having Ceballos there leaves the team exposed once the full-backs are gone forward, whereas when Torreira is there he’d slot back in.

It’s a big reason Ramsey wasn’t a big success there - the man isn’t a sitting/holding mid and often left them exposed.

He’s a great player against teams that sit deep and don’t pounce on a counter of their own.

If Arsenal are defending a lead he’d often be taken off to tighten things up.

Likewise if chasing a game he can also be taken off more a more attacking minded player.

Arsenal play a counter attack primarily under Emery - Therefore two attacking full backs, two sitting midfielders (two of Torreira, Xhaka, Guendouzi) and a box-to-box (generally Torreira) two pacy wingers and a centre forward.

Are you talking about last season? Torriera has started one game this season.

Why would they be exposed with two deep lying midfielders like xhaka and guendozi playing?

Anyway Ceballos was bad today. I had high hopes for him but you can’t make it at Arsenal without at least showing up 1 game in 3.

Definitely time to start considering Grealish now (can't believe I'm saying that).

T-3rd in chances created (includes key passes and assists)

7th in expected assists and T-4th in actual assists

24th in expected goals @2.50 and has 2 goals

One small (and underestimated) little bonus of having played 90 mins in every game so far.

RCvPih.jpg

All of that for what will likely be 6.0 million next week. If he can hold out and stay quiet (while keeping his numbers up) until his December schedule I would likely bring him in.

Ceballos dropped for Willock

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The Ox anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    The Ox anyone?

If he gets game time, could be a nice cheap option. They don't have any creative players in Central mid. He might fit the bill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Keinan Davis for Aston Villa at 4.4m is listed as a midfielder in the game but is an out an out striker.

He’s pretty much our back up striker behind Wesley and is likely to start against wolves in the cup this evening. A good performance could see him in line to start in the league as Wesley hasn’t set the world alight just yet.

His scoring record isn’t fantastic but a 4.4m oop as Villas lone striker could be a decent punt with the number of chances villa create through Grealish and McGinn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Keinan Davis for Aston Villa at 4.4m is listed as a midfielder in the game but is an out an out striker.

He’s pretty much our back up striker behind Wesley and is likely to start against wolves in the cup this evening. A good performance could see him in line to start in the league as Wesley hasn’t set the world alight just yet.

His scoring record isn’t fantastic but a 4.4m oop as Villas lone striker could be a decent punt with the number of chances villa create through Grealish and McGinn
    I didn't think anything could get me interested in a Villa Wolves League Cup game but yet you have managed to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Easy Rod wrote: »

Went off injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Baseball72

Jason Knight at Derby County. Frank brought him into the match day squad end of last season, Philip Cocu has given him some play time but seems to have out of the match day squad for a few games recently. Great potential though. "Cabo" can be proud of him.

Advertisement