Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭goochy

Ray not believing some couples do not argue - this must be first time ever i agree with Ray !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

I'm starting to believe Ray is a master troll. Noone can be that beige. A family member met him in a professional capacity and said he was lovely but I have to change station when he comes on. I do sometimes listen to the first 10 or so minutes just to hear him preach from the pulpit because I like to get annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Usual populist sh1te from D'Arcy. Let's be honest if it was for men there would be not test at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Ray on the pulpit again with regards the delay in the results of the cervical cancer tests,he reckons there would not be a backlog if it was for men,what does he base that on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Ray on the pulpit again with regards the delay in the results of the cervical cancer tests,he reckons there would not be a backlog if it was for men,what does he base that on?

I dunno, what can he compare it to? Are there any comparable screening tests for men between say 20 & 60? Maybe bowel screening after that but none for men otherwise I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

We were pregnant.
    We gave birth.
    We have a human being inside us.

sligojoek wrote: »
    We were pregnant.
    We gave birth.
    We have a human being inside us.

Delighted for her and hope everything works out for her but using we the whole time is fair annoying,jesus only one person can give birth and thats the woman

its probably just as painful for husband listening to her lol

BarryD2 wrote: »
    I dunno, what can he compare it to? Are there any comparable screening tests for men between say 20 & 60? Maybe bowel screening after that but none for men otherwise I think.
    I brought this up with a doctor once - there's no prostate cancer screening in Ireland. Had a special interest in it as my Dad had cancer for ten years that began as prostate cancer. But she told me that the screening for prostate cancer is a lot less reliable, so it wouldn't necessarily be picked up anyway, and would create a lot of false positives.

I know, the cervical screening programme and breast check have been shown to be imperfect, but I think it's of a different order of magnitude - especially the newer generation of cervical screening test.

It's a bit like the lung cancer screening programme that's been proposed by the Irish Cancer Society. Great idea in theory, but gicen finite resources, we have to be careful not to allocate money away from programmes with greater success rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

A relief to know Kathryn slept well last night and baby is doing well too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Hairdresser radio... literally

(C) Brendan Bendar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Michael joseph

jaysus this is bad

How many towels should you own?
    How do you like your scone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

Caught a few minutes yesterday and again today...
    Reading out texts. And babies.
    Is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Bash the men..................imagine a man who could cook for their kids AND dress them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

She sounds like she had 5 double expressos on way in .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

jaysus this is bad

How many towels should you own?
    How do you like your scone?

I sat into the car this morning and Today FM was on and the two who are in for Dermot and Dave had Louise Duffy on about the same topic as she is an expert on towels apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Who in RTE are Picture This related to??

What the hell is with this sycophantic dross poured over them non stop on RTE??

Utter dross.

They are a Mr Price version of the Script.

That's saying something. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Interview with journalist-journalist was painful to listen to...know it was about children but how many times did she mention that she had 7 children? I turned it off

Katherine made two mistakes.
    1. Pronouncing the "príomhscealta" word properly.
    2. Going to Nuacht at four o'clock (as the Nuacht newsreaders don't bother getting ready until 4.05pm these days)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

honeybear wrote: »
    Interview with journalist-journalist was painful to listen to...know it was about children but how many times did she mention that she had 7 children? I turned it off

Insufferable drivel.

"Please don't think we're great".

Puuuuke!!!!!

She protested that her family are just soo normal and it's no biggie to manage 7 kids etc.

Well if it's all so humdrum and run of the mill,get off the radio missus,and stop blabbering on about it !!!

• Advertisement

never thought i would say it think i would prefer Ray
    would actually prefer Baz - cant listen to all this feminine - loveyness with Katherine - surprise surprise having a baby has gone to her head

goochy wrote: »
    would actually prefer Baz - cant listen to all this feminine - loveyness with Katherine - surprise surprise having a baby has gone to her head

Very best person for this slot is Brenda Donahue. Get rid of Ray and give Brenda the gig.

Don't like baz. He drones on too much about his brood as well. But kathyrn Thomas this week specially yesterday with whatever wan she had on. Was a new low for rte. Like listening to two Southside maaawms in a Dundrum coffee shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,722 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ray talking rubbish, the national lottery said they were surprisingly calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LennieB

I think Ray got more than a bit of sun down in Wexford.

goochy wrote: »
    it's Mumsnet on the radio. I realised this when the show began and just don't bother listening these days. Moncrieff, although a Dad himself is a great antidote.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yer wan this self promoting Councillor might as well name the family, God knows she's told everyone enough to find them with little trouble. Away with ya you nosey witch.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    He works in Daybreak and got no breakfast, not a great ad for the deli counter there

Then yer wan goes on live radio to give private info about the winners while pretending to respect their privacy...lol

Yeah if you were local you could identify who the family were with what she said,once she got her bit of publicity that is all she is worried about

no couldnt listen to Brenda full time - goes on with a load of girly crap - loved it when the producer of Mooney show ( remember Brenda worked on show ) mentioned to Mooney how he hates it when parents like Brenda push there kids to do likes of Billie Barry whether they want to or have talent.
    Brenda is a head wrecker but shes a good looking curvy woman

Okay so we are good with the French words, can we see if it's possible for him not to mispronounce príomhscéalta every single f**king day now, would that be progress as well.

• Advertisement

Kildare caller on about Ray’s French mispronunciations and says Joe Duffy mispronounces stuff all the time too. Ray suggests he also passes caller’s advice to the Liveline host. Well observed, caller.

Advertisement