Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 M_Bellamy

Hi, I haven't been on this thread for a while but I was successful in the last campaign and I'll happily answer any genuine questions I can

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭didds

Royal87 wrote: »
    Just got email with application form
    Got a mail with info saying application form link will be sent later?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Royal87

didds wrote: »
    Got a mail with info saying application form link will be sent later?

Yea me too still no link and closing date is next Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Atlantic101

Yea me too still no link and closing date is next Wednesday

Email says it will be sent later today so no panic. If it’s not sent in a couple of days then we’ll have to follow it up

Email says it will be sent later today so no panic. If it’s not sent in a couple of days then we’ll have to follow it up

Hope this share file is handy to use.
    Wonder can you start application form and then go back to it

• Advertisement

Is everyone guaranteed a interview after application form submitted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Yes

It appears so when they state “Only candidates, who submit completed applications forms, will be invited to interview.
    At the beginning of the campaign i was under the impression they were going to be reviewing applications and inviting people based on them. Though that’s not exactly possible if they’re going to be giving us our dates for interview on Friday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Anyone get a copy of the form? Still nothing this side.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mcdonnc5

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Anyone get a copy of the form? Still nothing this side.

nope nothing yet :/

• Advertisement

Mcdonnc5 wrote: »
    nope nothing yet :/

Same jesus lads im sweating laptop i have is not the best in work all weekend so hopefully get it sorted for education certs is it just take pic and upload that way

Same jesus lads im sweating laptop i have is not the best in work all weekend so hopefully get it sorted for education certs is it just take pic and upload that way

It’s only a copy there requesting at present so scan it if you can, otherwise a clear picture shouldn’t be an issue

It’s only a copy there requesting at present so scan it if you can, otherwise a clear picture shouldn’t be an issue

Anyone applying with a fetac level 5 qualification

Would be grand now if they sent us on the forms, it's not like the clock is counting down or anything :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DePaste

I have gotten through stage 2 and waiting on my app form also. With regards to education. When they say leaving cert or equivalent. Would Fetac level 5 or Btec leve 6l fall under the "equivalent" bracket?

DePaste wrote: »
    I have gotten through stage 2 and waiting on my app form also. With regards to education. When they say leaving cert or equivalent. Would Fetac level 5 or Btec leve 6l fall under the "equivalent" bracket?

Yea well im applying with fetac level 5

Best email them 'DePaste', I assume you'll need a LC or equivalent standard, 'A Levels', 'LCA' etc.. . I know other certs are at level 5/6 and same level as LC on educational scale. However they might have an option that as a baseline you need the LC in some shape or form as per the below from handout;

'Each candidate must have obtained at least Grade D (or a pass) in five subjects, including Mathematics and English, from the approved list of subjects in the Department of Education Leaving Certificate Examination or in an examination of at least equivalent standard.'

Best email them 'DePaste', I assume you'll need a LC or equivalent standard, 'A Levels', 'LCA' etc.. . I know other certs are at level 5/6 and same level as LC on educational scale. However they might have an option that as a baseline you need the LC in some shape or form as per the below from handout;

'Each candidate must have obtained at least Grade D (or a pass) in five subjects, including Mathematics and English, from the approved list of subjects in the Department of Education Leaving Certificate Examination or in an examination of at least equivalent standard.'

Or fetac level 5

Or fetac level 5

I’ll email them then and see what they come back with. It would seem silly to base a candidate out on an exam that he or she may have taken 10 years ago. I know I didn’t care about education back then and was only in my mid 20s when I got my act together. Fingers crossed i get a positive response

Let’s be honest the LC wasn’t for everyone ha!

• Advertisement

I’ll email them then and see what they come back with. It would seem silly to base a candidate out on an exam that he or she may have taken 10 years ago. I know I didn’t care about education back then and was only in my mid 20s when I got my act together. Fingers crossed i get a positive response

Firefighter, Dublin Local Authorities Fire and Emergency Services, Dublin City Council Page 9
    QUALIFICATIONS
    The declared qualifications for the post of Firefighter, Dublin Local Authorities Fire and
    Emergency Services, Dublin City Council, are as set out hereunder:
    1. Education:
    A. Each candidate must have obtained at least Grade D (or a pass) in five subjects,
    including Mathematics and English, from the approved list of subjects in the
    Department of Education Leaving Certificate Examination or in an examination of at
    least equivalent standard;
    or
    B. hold a Level 5 Certificate (Major award) on the National Framework of Qualifications
    (NFQ);
    or
    C. hold a recognised qualification (at level 5 or greater), deemed comparable to the
    above in terms of both level and volume of learning as determined by Quality
    and Qualifications Ireland (QQI).

Ah this great news! Thanks a million! Wish everyone the best of luck in the interview.

Firefighter, Dublin Local Authorities Fire and Emergency Services, Dublin City Council Page 9
    QUALIFICATIONS
    The declared qualifications for the post of Firefighter, Dublin Local Authorities Fire and
    Emergency Services, Dublin City Council, are as set out hereunder:
    1. Education:
    A. Each candidate must have obtained at least Grade D (or a pass) in five subjects,
    including Mathematics and English, from the approved list of subjects in the
    Department of Education Leaving Certificate Examination or in an examination of at
    least equivalent standard;
    or
    B. hold a Level 5 Certificate (Major award) on the National Framework of Qualifications
    (NFQ);
    or
    C. hold a recognised qualification (at level 5 or greater), deemed comparable to the
    above in terms of both level and volume of learning as determined by Quality
    and Qualifications Ireland (QQI).

Really odd that your booklet contains different information than mine for page 9! Mine contains nothing containing 'or'

What is your filename is it 192008010_Final?

Just interested cause me posting that an not having that information looks like I was trying to give out incorrect information. I am now wondering if I have the correct booklet!

Really odd that your booklet contains different information than mine for page 9! Mine contains nothing containing 'or'

What is your filename is it 192008010_Final?

Just interested cause me posting that an not having that information looks like I was trying to give out incorrect information. I am now wondering if I have the correct booklet!
    Hi,
    No, mine is 19208010_Firefighter_DCC_2019

didds wrote: »
    Hi,
    No, mine is 19208010_Firefighter_DCC_2019

Sorry extra 0 in mine.

I have no idea why they contain different information, sounds like we are both looking at the same filenames.

Yours might be the update version, so happy days, updated!

Anyway, apologies about that incorrect information there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 happy2help

Examinations.ie for anyone looking to get a hold of their LC results.

You will need your PPSN and then need to contact the school you sat the exam for your Examination number.

Theres an online download or can order a physical for €15.

I'm awaiting the email too, but thought be good to get the jump on collecting forms.

Application form sent

Yeah, received mine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Application form sent

DO you know if its just the top 50 or so getting the application email requests or is it everyone ?

Cheers

• Advertisement

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    DO you know if its just the top 50 or so getting the application email requests or is it everyone ?

Cheers

I’m not sure unfortunately. They have 500 to send out so probably being sent in batches. I wouldn’t worry, you should receive it soon enough if not already

Advertisement