Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cerazette alternatives?

• 08-12-2019 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

I would just like to start by saying that I am *not* looking for medical advice on here. I have an appointment booked with my GP whom I will discuss any medical concerns with, I am just posting here to ask about alternatives that I can discuss with my doctor. Again, I am not seeking medical advice.

I'm currently taking Cerazette but it doesn't appear to agree with me. I know that for most they have no periods whilst taking it, but I'm having the opposite problem and have constant bleeding whilst on it ( I'm talking like 4+ months of daily bleeding) so I'm eager to switch to something else.

I'm thinking of asking my doctor about Depo Provera bit would like to hear others experiences of it first.

I'm also a little wary of taking something longer term as I do suffer from depression and anxiety so the last thing I want is for some long acting hormones to put me in a bad place again. I don't think the Cerazette has been helping my moods either.

I'm a bit too squeamish for the implant or coils I think, plus I haven't had any children and I've heard some horror stories of how painful it can be having those fitted if you haven't had kids yet.

Don't think the regular pill is for me either as I'm over 35 and a smoker.

Are there any other options or alternatives for me to discuss with my doctor?

I think I may take a chance on Depo Provera and see how I get on initially, though I'm reading that can cause irregular bleeding also so I may just be going from the frying pan into the fire with that.

Would love to hear some feedback or experiences on what you ladies have tried on here and how you got on?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I also had a really bad experience on Cerazette. It reactivated my teenage acne, caused my skin/hair to produce oil like no ones business and gave me serious bloating and mood swings. I know a few other people who have tried it who also had really negative experiences.

I've switched to another pill which isn't of any help to you, but just wanted to share because problems with Cerazette are so common and if I'd known, I'd have been more reluctant to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I also had a really bad experience on Cerazette. It reactivated my teenage acne, caused my skin/hair to produce oil like no ones business and gave me serious bloating and mood swings. I know a few other people who have tried it who also had really negative experiences.

I've switched to another pill which isn't of any help to you, but just wanted to share because problems with Cerazette are so common and if I'd known, I'd have been more reluctant to try it.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I had a quick chat with my GP about it and Depo Provera has much the same hormones as Cerazette, only at a much more long term dose, so that won't be an option.

They mentioned the Mirena device, bit I don't know much about then so would need to do some research in coils. Though I'm a bit squeamish about stuff in general and don't even like having smear tests done, I nearly fainted after one once, so I don't think I would be a great candidate for having one of those inserted, plus I've read some horror stories about the pain of having them inserted and the cramps after so that's putting me off too.

Funny you should mention about Cerazette and the oiliness, I've always had very dry skin, and never really had greasy hair unless I left a long time between washes, but now that you mention, I have definitely found my hair getting much greasier and skin oilier. I would never have connected it to the Cerazette til you mentioned it. I also have a whopper of a spot on my chin ATM and I never get spots.

Advertisement