Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 - 2019 - 9th to 11th June

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think after the year Sony revealed Final Fantasy and Shenmue, they realised they made a mistake revealing them so early and couldn't really do much to match or top it after that.

They all do that to an extent tho.
    Nintendo showed Metroid Prime 4 far too soon, same with Bayonetta 3 & stuff like Shin Megami Tensei V was revealed ages ago but haven't heard a tap from it since.
    Microsoft then cancelled a few games that were shown several times too. Crackdown 3 wasn't what they wanted it to be either but was in the oven so long they had to make a decision on it.
    I think its half those companies saying to fans stop asking about game X, its coming be patient. We know another 3D Zelda or Horizon Zero Dawn is in production but I don't feel I need to be told until it's actually been in development for a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think the Bayo 3 reveal was to go along with the Bayo 1&2 ports. The Mettoid Prime 4 was a combination of getting people to stop asking and because of the Samus Returns announcement. Imagine the reaction if they only announced a 3ds Metroid, especially after Federation Force. At least that's what I think I read. Maybe the Ttilogy port would've been enough. Dunno why the early SMT announcement, but then I've no interest in that series.

The main problem is the companies announce early so to avoid showing the same games the next time, they have to announce more games early. Vicious circle.

Honestly, i think if they can't show gameplay during the announcement, then they're too early. Remember the EA behind the scenes for Star Wars and Mass Effect. That was really early

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dunno why the early SMT announcement, but then I've no interest in that series.

You should as it's the best RPG franchise at the moment.

Would actually love to see more SMT5. The first reveal was just a teaser but they did show some impressive in game stuff last time.

However it could be a long way off. The team took ages to make Persona 5 and they have usually announced stuff very early with long waits for a release.

Personally, I'm not an RPG fan. At least not of the turn based variety. It's a genre I could never get into

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

IMG20190511003642.jpg
    dudeeile wrote: »

If a mod sees this, can the 2 posts above be added to the OP please?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Personally, I'm not an RPG fan. At least not of the turn based variety. It's a genre I could never get into

Well if you want to give one a try it's the series to go for. The turn based systems are really tactical and far better than any real time RPG and the series forgoes the anime bull**** and is much darker and philosophical than a standard Final Fantasy (with the exception of Persona which animes it up but usually does so really well). The series evolved from the western Wizardry RPG model than the Dragon Quest one of most JRPGs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

SE will finally reveal the Avengers game they've been working on at their event - Marvel Avengers.

SE will finally reveal the Avengers game they've been working on at their event - Marvel Avengers.

I hope to **** it's not some overhead camera Bollox. I'd love an avengers in the style of the spider-man game.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I hope to **** it's not some overhead camera Bollox. I'd love an avengers in the style of the spider-man game.

I also hope it's not a version of the Infinity War story. We just had that in the cinema, so would prefer something else from the comics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

tbh an Avengers game imo is impossible unless its overhead cameras bollox :D

looking at who is involved it could be FPS (deus ex) 3rd person (Tomb Raider) at this point if they just grabbed everything good from Anthem (the combat, literally the only good thing) they would have Iron man nailed down.

Any chance of seeing Rocksteady's new game? Or is that likely next gen now?

Any chance of seeing Rocksteady's new game? Or is that likely next gen now?

I've recently seen a few articles speculating that they'll announce it at E3, but it all struck me as filler with nothing other than hunches or guesswork to back it up. I still think it'll be released on current gen, but nothing to back that up other than my own hunch!

Dying Light 2 will be shown off during square Enix, hoping it's releasing this year.

The E3 Coliseum website made a bit of a boo-boo with one of their listings, giving away some details about the Marvel Avengers panel. It has since been changed, but originally read;
    Embrace your powers and join key members of the development team at Crystal Dynamics and the creative team at Marvel Games as they talk exclusively about the upcoming Marvel’s Avengers. This is the defining Avengers gaming experience: an epic action-adventure that combines cinematic storytelling with continuous single-player and co-operative gameplay. Moderated by Andrea Rene, assemble in teams up to four players, master extraordinary abilities, customize your heroes to fit your playstyle, and combine powers to defend an ever-expanding world under constant threat.

Honestly, it made me think of Anthem (but maybe that's the Javelin/Iron Man similarities subconsciously coming to the fore).

From the original teaser 2 years back, it made it sound like the avengers were beaten and you either controlled a new character ala DC universe or controlled the avengers to help fight back. This is actually one of the most interesting E3 games for me as I'm mad to see how it plays.

Single player or co-op sounds like top down Bollox but action adventure sounds like Spiderman.

I kinda liked the concept of the cancelled THQ game - a co-op first person brawler. Think it was going to be based on the Secret Invasion storyline. Anyway, interested to see where this one goes (although I suspect it'll be "safe").

Rebellion will be showing something of Evil Genius 2. This pleases me greatly.

As there is a Netflix panel showing off TV shows to games, I have a feeling they will take advantage of their audience to show off the Witcher Netflix trailer. Then people will cause uproar until it is changed as seems to be the norm in 2019.

As there is a Netflix panel showing off TV shows to games, I have a feeling they will take advantage of their audience to show off the watcher Netflix trailer. Then people will cause uproar until it is changed as seems to be the norm in 2019.

^Filming wrapped today as it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

• Hopefully one will be playground games open world game.

Hopefully we'll see Ninja Theory's next game. I loved Hellblade.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Kotaku confirmed a Watch Dogs 3 leak that will be shown at E3. "Called Watch Dogs Legion, set in London, you can recruit any NPC in the world and then control that NPC with everyone having a voice over, animation set and ability. It's supposed to be so ambitious, it has led to dev headaches and a further delay has been reported. More to come at E3."

Sounds ambitious alright, will be interesting to see this running.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Kotaku confirmed a Watch Dogs 3 leak that will be shown at E3. "Called Watch Dogs Legion, set in London, you can recruit any NPS in the world and then control that NPC with everyone having a voice over, animation set and ability. It's supposed to be so ambitious, it has led to dev headaches and a further delay has been reported. More to come at E3."

Sounds ambitious alright, will be interesting to see this running.

Sounds more like a next gen release.

Hope it's more serious like the 1st game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Sounds more like a next gen release.

Hope it's more serious like the 1st game.

I'd prefer a better balance between the first and second game. No need to go as serious as the first, but also no need for a side character with a facemask that displays emojis either.

The idea of being able to switch characters like that is very intriguing though. Will be interesting to see how it's implemented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I just hope they bring back the Oirish people from the second Watch Dogs game. They weren't cringe-inducing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Most oirish accents in video games are cringey lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm struggling to remember Irish accents in videogames and then remembered the Irish savages in Borderlands 2 who owned the pub. Violent drunkards. Sensitive people could have been outraged by the stereo-type.
    I played a lot of that game drunk so it's kind of alright.

Advertisement