Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Wait, is that 36 hours from start of mission to finish or from first attempt and includes deaths and restarts?

From what I've seen that includes numerous wipes etc. and a 5 hour break in the middle of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

goon_magee wrote: »
    From what I've seen that includes numerous wipes etc. and a 5 hour break in the middle of all.

Ah ok, not as crazy so bit still a bit mad.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ah ok, not as crazy so bit still a bit mad.

Definitely, even crazier when you think it's been done in 23 mins on PC!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I know this won't be a popular opinion but I don't think they should change the global mechanics of the raid across platforms because it's proving harder with a console controller. If that's how you want to play, more power to you but it's well known to be less accurate and responsive and 99% of the time an aimbot is built into the game to compensate. It shouldn't be made easier on any other platform because of the choice to still continue with that input method - I know current major vendors prohibit m+kbd for games on their platforms, that's where the focus should be, add more valuable control options rather than put training wheels on the others. Gaming has already suffered too much over the last 15 years trying to compensate for the lowest common denominator control type.
    They could improve the experience by adding a buff to damage, and/or debuff bosses just on the consoles as an option when starting the session. Give people the options they need to play, on what they want to play it on but don't remove the extra challenge for those who want that aswell.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I don't get how it could be so hard on console. I watched the German playthrough and as long as you have a good team it looks very doable.

Definitely doesn't look any harder than the Incursions of old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭Glebee

I dont know how you would play this with a controller, must be impossible...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

aye it's much harder. watched a bit of the 26 minute run on pc and it's noticeable how the crosshairs stay planted to the heads of the npcs. also heard one of the issues is the frame rate, boomer heals a lot faster on console than pc, lots of unhappy people out there
    one youtuber challenged the developers to run through it on console and stream it, a challenge that will not be taken up I'd wager
    I was in it two manning just to see it and the npcs are tough but not as bad as heroic missions the problem will be when you get into certain scenarios like boomer you're going to have a very bad day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Finally level 30. Approx 45 hours in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Finally level 30. Approx 45 hours in.

Same as is last stronghold unlocked for you?

I’ve only done one stronghold I think.

• Advertisement

I wonder can you matchmake the stronghold, probably not unless you free roam which would mean you have to luck out and have someone do it. I'm assuming this is the only thing outstanding on your story progression?
    I wouldn't normally but I think if I was in your position and couldn't find a workaround I'd be contacting Ubisoft support.
    I'd probably just start a second character. It would be soul destroying but I'm crazy enough to do it.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I wonder can you matchmake the stronghold, probably not unless you free roam which would mean you have to luck out and have someone do it. I'm assuming this is the only thing outstanding on your story progression?
    I wouldn't normally but I think if I was in your position and couldn't find a workaround I'd be contacting Ubisoft support.
    I'd probably just start a second character. It would be soul destroying but I'm crazy enough to do it.

I did one last night ( I think, had a tank in one of the parts ) and sent out a back up call at that point and a few minutes later someone joined. Thankfully to be honest as that **** is tough as nails, for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

My skills explosive build is pretty awesome and worth a try lads. Still needs a small bit of tweaking but in challenging missions I'm am coming out on top with number of kills and damage dealt easily.

Running seeker mines and with all my skills the cool down is less than 30 secs and with that perk if you get a skills kill it resets the cool down sometimes I can lob out 3 in a row. I have spec'd all into explosive so I am well over +100% explosive (dont know really must add it up)

Mission now is to get the Merciless rifle as that thing I hear is just a beast when you are specced into explosive damage.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

2 days, 2 hours and 20 mins.

Just saw the fireworks. World tier one it is.

You can match make through the strongholds which by the way we’re definately the highlight of the game so far.

First look at my gear score. It’s currently 256. A little off raid pace. Lol.

So much in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

2 days, 2 hours and 20 mins.

Just saw the fireworks. World tier one it is.

You can match make through the strongholds which by the way we’re definately the highlight of the game so far.

First look at my gear score. It’s currently 256. A little off raid pace. Lol.

So much in this game.

You can matchmake for anything, stongholds and missions are the only thing that actually show whats matchmaking.

Are you finding similiar level players atm?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You can matchmake for anything, stongholds and missions are the only thing that actually show whats matchmaking.

Are you finding similiar level players atm?

I assume they were the same level but not sure tbh.

Ok so tier one is tough as foook. Just doing a public execution and getting hammered.

yeah you'll notice a difficulty spike every time you go into a new WT it will pass quickly though as you pick up gear
    speaking of which watching video this morning where the youtuber worked out you have a 0.00045% chance of getting the piece you want or 1 in 225,000. His math was awful which he admitted to himself but it feels about right

gimli2112 wrote: »
    yeah you'll notice a difficulty spike every time you go into a new WT it will pass quickly though as you pick up gear
    speaking of which watching video this morning where the youtuber worked out you have a 0.00045% chance of getting the piece you want or 1 in 225,000. His math was awful which he admitted to himself but it feels about right

A fairly sizable spike. Being honest I had to put the controller down before I pegged it at the monitor!

It's an odd game alright where walking down the street can be more difficult than a challenging mission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

A fairly sizable spike. Being honest I had to put the controller down before I pegged it at the monitor!

The first Tier is the hardest if you workthe system. After T1 each subsequent tier essentially has a max GS range of 50, and you are able to do the Stronghold and boost to the next Tier after increasing just 25. So the T1 stronghold to move to T2 can be attempted at 275, but you can achieve 300 in T1 - do so as you will be a god in T1 at that GS and can farm anything. Do the same for each additional tier, get your GS close to the current tier's max rather than the earliest tier promotion point and you'll have less issues when you do move up.

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    The first Tier is the hardest if you workthe system. After T1 each subsequent tier essentially has a max GS range of 50, and you are able to do the Stronghold and boost to the next Tier after increasing just 25. So the T1 stronghold to move to T2 can be attempted at 275, but you can achieve 300 in T1 - do so as you will be a god in T1 at that GS and can farm anything. Do the same for each additional tier, get your GS close to the current tier's max rather than the earliest tier promotion point and you'll have less issues when you do move up.

To be honest I’m in no mad rush to move up the tiers.

Once I have some stuff to shoot and can see my score going up I’m happy to plod along so getting to 300 before moving on etc sounds good to me.

I was just frustrated yesterday as it was a big spike and I had a headache as it was. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just got to WT 5, I have to say I did not find much of a difficulty spike going up through the tiers. Done Tidal Basin, what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Glebee wrote: »
    Just got to WT 5, I have to say I did not find much of a difficulty spike going up through the tiers. Done Tidal Basin, what now?

Get to 500, or as close as possible for the Raid.

Well look at you with your not finding much of a difficulty spike. Aren’t you just great.

Only kidding. I suck at games.

make a build so you can raid if you're level 500 you're roughly 1/2 way there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I cant get matchmaked with anyone for capitol building stronghold world tier 3.

With the endgame near my take on the game is it looks and sounds great but isnt half as fun addictive or immersive as the first one by any means sadly.

Was tempted to jump back into this but with it sounding like the raid is tailored purely towards min/max players, I'm kinda put off.

I don't have the time anymore to sit and finely tune a build, especially with the chances of getting the drop you want being so pathetically low. If the gear sets were worth a **** that would alleviate some of the issue I think, as I could just farm a gear set and at least be somewhat useful. But they aren't so hey ho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Finished the raid, enjoyed it. Not super hard, more of a DPS check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So whats the deal with the dark zone? Is that where all the good gear is?

Advertisement