Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MotW - Old Hungers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necro wrote: »
    Cron gets out of the car, draws his sword and approaches the model.

'Who goes there? Come out and show yourself - Easy peasy now!'
    There's no response. Cron hears a quickly silenced scream from within the museum.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    There's no response. Cron hears a quickly silenced scream from within the museum.

Cron calls to the others.

'I'm going inside if I can. Did any of you hear the scream?'

He makes his way to the entrance, muttering to himself.

'Come on then El Chuca - show yourself... yeah. Easy peasy.'

Cron tries the door, it's closed via a magnetic lock.

Something holding a candle moves inside in response to his approach. It quickly exits the central lobby and within a second or two Cron cannot see it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Cron tries the door, it's closed via a magnetic lock.

Something holding a candle moves inside in response to his approach. It quickly exits the central lobby and within a second or two Cron cannot see it.

Cron, never being one for the stealthy approach, raps on the door loudly.

'Come on now, open up. Cron ain't here to hurt you... unless you hurt someone already. Eas... ugh I need to stop sayin' that.'

Cron neither sees nor hears any response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Bubby scurries along and follows Cron to the door.

"Best check this out with haste, before whatever or whoever is in there has a chance to escape..."

Bubby looks around for wiring, to see if he can cut the power-feed to the door. "Slim chance of this happening, they probably got this locked tight" he thinks to himself.

Bubby looks around to see if there are any obvious entry points to the building.

Cron nods at Bubby.

'Good idea. If you can get that door open well and good. Ol' Cron is off to scout another way in. Easy...peasy.'

Cron heads left, checking for any sign of an open window or other point of entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Darren locks the car, grabs his axe and goes to check around the Mammoths legs.

Bubby looks around for wiring, to see if he can cut the power-feed to the door. "Slim chance of this happening, they probably got this locked tight" he thinks to himself.

Bubby looks around to see if there are any obvious entry points to the building.
    Necro wrote:
    Cron nods at Bubby.

'Good idea. If you can get that door open well and good. Ol' Cron is off to scout another way in. Easy...peasy.'

Cron heads left, checking for any sign of an open window or other point of entry.
    Bubby has a look at the lock, before realising it's nothing compared to what he'd had to hack and break while persuing the Graeae and opens the door after half a minute. Their is complete silence in the entrance hall. A display area lies to the left and some stairs lie to the right.

Cron finds an open window one floor up at the back of the building. Two candles visible within.

Banjo wrote: »
    Darren locks the car, grabs his axe and goes to check around the Mammoths legs.
    OOC: Roll +Sharp and pick two (10+) or one (7-9) of these questions:
    What happened here?
    What sort of creature is it?
    What can it do?
    What can hurt it?
    Where did it go?
    What was it going to do?
    What is being concealed here?

• Advertisement

Cron finds an open window one floor up at the back of the building. Two candles visible within.

Cron looks for a way to climb up to the open window.

OOC: Roll +Sharp and pick two (10+) or one (7-9) of these questions:

Uh... Rolled double 1 and have -1 sharp so....uh....yeah.

Cron looks for a way to climb up to the open window.
    Cron quickly notices that there is enough footing in the brick on the back wall to make his way up should he want to. Getting up without whatever is inside noticing will be tougher.

Uh... Rolled double 1 and have -1 sharp so....uh....yeah.
    While walking around the Mammoth Darren notices nothing in particular to catch his attention until he feels a slight pain in his foot. He looks down to see nothing obvious that would cause it.

Cron quickly notices that there is enough footing in the brick on the back wall to make his way up should he want to. Getting up without whatever is inside noticing will be tougher.

Cron attempts the climb slowly and surely.

Easy peasy, almost.

Bubby signs to the crew, the door is open.

He walks past the doorway, noticing a display area on his left. Being curious in nature and easily distracted, he forgets for a moment they were chasing figures and shadows into the building, he walks to the display area and checks it out.

Cron attempts the climb slowly and surely.

Easy peasy, almost.
    OOC: +Cool roll

While walking around the Mammoth Darren notices nothing in particular to catch his attention until he feels a slight pain in his foot. He looks down to see nothing obvious that would cause it.

"Is! My athletes toe is acting up. Of all the Ruddy times! Walk it off, Dazza, walk it off"

He admires the towering pillars of hair and muscle fondly, his mind drifting momentarily towards memories of that Bulgarian weather girl and a weekend well spent with a similar view to this, then he hobbles over towards the door.

Bubby signs to the crew, the door is open.

He walks past the doorway, noticing a display area on his left. Being curious in nature and easily distracted, he forgets for a moment they were chasing figures and shadows into the building, he walks to the display area and checks it out.
    Within lies an exhibit on extinct megafauna of the local area.

W36ZTX.jpg

Across the room from him Bubby sees a female figure wearing a mask and a brown cloak that doesn't completely close over the front. Beneath the cloak they are wearing nothing and have a gaunt emaciated appearance to their stomach and hips.

They make no move toward him, staring straight at him.

OOC: +Cool roll
    Cron slips at the last moment and falls in the window with a loud bang, stunning himself, he struggles to get up from the minor concussion...

OOC: Necro you have fallen in on:
    (a) A sacrifice taking place, with a obvious spot marked for a yet to be procured but now conveniently delivered second victim
    (b) A supernatural beast
    (c) A trap/ambush of some kind

Your choice

• Advertisement

Cron slips at the last moment and falls in the window with a loud bang, stunning himself, he struggles to get up from the minor concussion...

OOC: Necro you have fallen in on:
    (a) A sacrifice taking place, with a obvious spot marked for a yet to be procured but now conveniently delivered second victim
    (b) A supernatural beast
    (c) A trap/ambush of some kind

Your choice

OOC: You know I really shouldn't but I'm gonna go with column A :pac:

Across the room from him Bubby sees a female figure wearing a mask and a brown cloak that doesn't completely close over the front. Beneath the cloak they are wearing nothing and have a gaunt emaciated appearance to their stomach and hips.

Darren arrives behind Bubby.
    "Now this is my kind of party" he mutters, undoing the top button of his canary yellow shirt.

Cron is suddenly grabbed by two tall men wearing masks and a strange black sash across their wates. On their bodies are tattooed figures either bone thin or pleading for food.

He is brought into the dinosaur display room and tied to one side of a T-Rex skull. On the other side is a middle aged man, foot mangled in some way and his throat slit open into a bowl of meats and fruit.

One of his capures then punches him in the stomach and calls to the other.

"Get the Gudja now, we have another"

The other one then heads downstairs, while the one who punched him stand guard.

Within lies an exhibit on extinct megafauna of the local area.

W36ZTX.jpg

At the sight of the female figure, Bubby does not cower, but feels a great dread befall him.

For a moment he gets lost in the stare, now reciprocated by Bubby. Before seconds pass, Bubby snaps out of it, and with newfound determination he starts stepping towards the figure, keeping his eyes locked to hers.

Cron is suddenly grabbed by two tall men wearing masks and a strange black sash across their wates. On their bodies are tattooed figures either bone thin or pleading for food.

He is brought into the dinosaur display room and tied to one side of a T-Rex skull. On the other side is a middle aged man, foot mangled in some way and his throat slit open into a bowl of meats and fruit.

One of his capures then punches him in the stomach and calls to the other.

"Get the Gudja now, we have another"

The other one then heads downstairs, while the one who punched him stand guard.

Cron doubles over from the punch but looks up and smiles grimly through it.

'Hey, what gives? Why so rough chum?'

He looks around to see how many others are in the room

Cron doubles over from the punch but looks up and smiles grimly through it.

'Hey, what gives? Why so rough chum?'

He looks around to see how many others are in the room
    Now that his vision is returning properly, he can see ten other figures in the room.

At the sight of the female figure, Bubby does not cower, but feels a great dread befall him.

For a moment he gets lost in the stare, now reciprocated by Bubby. Before seconds pass, Bubby snaps out of it, and with newfound determination he starts stepping towards the figure, keeping his eyes locked to hers.
    The figure seems unsure as to whether she should run or attack, Bubby approaches to within twice arm reach...

OOC: Does he continue?

Now that his vision is returning properly, he can see ten other figures in the room.

Cron looks around for his sword.

'What are we all doing up here, in the dead of night, wearing masks... in a museum... you guys are weird. I've heard of this stuff in graveyards but a museum? Really?

Tell ya what, I'll make it easy for ya bud. You give me my sword and I'll do the job for ya, no need to get that pesky DNA on your garb.'

Darren arrives behind Bubby.
    "Now this is my kind of party" he mutters, undoing the top button of his canary yellow shirt.
    Darren's neck is suddenly grabbed from behind. Two muscular hairy masculine arms are compressing his windpipe. His vision is blurring slightly...

OOC: Giving you a chance to act

• Advertisement

Cron looks around for his sword.

'What are we all doing up here, in the dead of night, wearing masks... in a museum... you guys are weird. I've heard of this stuff in graveyards but a museum? Really?

Tell ya what, I'll make it easy for ya bud. You give me my sword and I'll do the job for ya, no need to get that pesky DNA on your garb.'
    The room just laughs.

"Full belly on this one" says an old man, legs shaking as if he can barely stand.

Advertisement