Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EUR75 Cashback from Booking.com when you spend aminimum EUR225

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭north south east west

Does anyone know are you limited in the number of separate bookings that you can make?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Thanks OP. Just rebooked 3 stays I had booked for Dec for the same prices but am now getting the €75 off each one and have booked another stay that needed to be booked, also now getting €75 off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

when do you get the 75 euro credited to you? my relevant stay ended a few days ago, wondering how long it takes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

valor wrote: »
    when do you get the 75 euro credited to you? my relevant stay ended a few days ago, wondering how long it takes

Less than a week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I'm pretty sure this can only be used once. I've got the refund for a stay I completed last week. It showed up in the details of my current booking as I used the link in the OP but I don't expect to get the refund.

The T&C say "Booking.com will only recognize one Eligible Reservation per Participant per campaign to count for an Incentive Bonus."

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure this can only be used once. I've got the refund for a stay I completed last week. It showed up in the details of my current booking as I used the link in the OP but I don't expect to get the refund.

The T&C say "Booking.com will only recognize one Eligible Reservation per Participant per campaign to count for an Incentive Bonus."

That would make sense...i was windering how they could afford to give away so much. Has anyine received multiple €75s back? I could rebook (again) two of my bookings, one in each parents name as the three of us are travelling together. You'd think given that you are logged into the website that it either wouldn't ket you use the discount again ir would give you a warning that you have used it because when i go i to my bookings i can see it says x4 this stay is eligble for €75 refund (or whatever it says)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Just wondering, we are going on holidays soon, and have multiple bookings with booking.com. Some of the places are booked out now, with re booking them would we run the risk of losing the accommodation ?

2smiggy wrote: »
    Just wondering, we are going on holidays soon, and have multiple bookings with booking.com. Some of the places are booked out now, with re booking them would we run the risk of losing the accommodation ?

Yes

2smiggy wrote: »

You need to run a dummy booking on the website to see if the hotel you are staying in still has rooms available and the prices. If they do and the price is the same, book those and then cancel your original booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Can this be applied to existing bookings?

• Advertisement

Wasn't showing up on existing bookings. I was lucky my hotels were still available at the same price so i cancelled and rebooked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

javagal wrote: »
    Can this be applied to existing bookings?

No rebook if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Just booked two nights in October for the wedding anniversary - deal is still on! Great find op

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

Same as that, another booking on the sane account, and the discount is applied. Heading for contender for Bargain of the Year (will be a runner up, though, nothing beats the Halfords socket set :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Just a bit of info that may be helpful to anyone who has made or is thinking of making a booking. I originally booked a stay using the $40 refund option but cancelled and rebooked using this €75 deal.

I completed my stay on Sunday and received an email today stating I have been refunded the €75. Excellent offer, thanks OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭BAAA RAM EWE

cletus wrote: »
    Same as that, another booking on the sane account, and the discount is applied. Heading for contender for Bargain of the Year (will be a runner up, though, nothing beats the Halfords socket set :D)

See do you get it back first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Polar101

Nice one, was just booking a €250 stay in August so won't mind getting some free money back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Whipping Boy

I have a place booked on a 'free cancellation' basis with payment made on arrival...I presume I won't see the €75 back until I actually pay there and then?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I have a place booked on a 'free cancellation' basis with payment made on arrival...I presume I won't see the €75 back until I actually pay there and then?

Of course

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Thanks OP, still working. I had almost booked before I remembered this. Had to use a different browser to get it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

worked for me on a new booking yesterday too

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Was reading T&C but the following wasn't clear:

Is it possible to pay cash at the hotel and still get the cashback?
    Wold it work if there is no cc stored in booking.com profile?

soirish wrote: »
    Was reading T&C but the following wasn't clear:

Is it possible to pay cash at the hotel and still get the cashback?
    Wold it work if there is no cc stored in booking.com profile?

Then how would the give you the €75?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Booking.com have the card stored on their side, in case I cancel, etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

can this work twice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I made two bookings on same account and both have the 75 promised. I assume I will get it twice??

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

TheDriver wrote: »
    I made two bookings on same account and both have the 75 promised. I assume I will get it twice??

I also made two bookings, the first was completed last weekend.

I got this email today.

Strangely, the T&C discuss the 'refer a friend program terms'.

Something about not being able to guarantee the reward if using Mastercard as well, but not all mastercards affected? Hopefully wont be an issue for anyone.

Have claimed the 75 anyway, so hopefully will be in the cc account soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭t-hairy

Thanks OP. Just saved more than 40% on the very apartment I was about to book on Airbnb. It was already hundreds cheaper on Booking.com.

As an aside, the Airbnb markup is frankly ridiculous. If you are looking to book on Airbnb, I'd suggest just doing an advanced search of the property description. You're likely to find the same place on Booking, Housetrip, Flipkey or any of the Tripadvisor sites for much cheaper. I saved 200 quid last year after finding the exact same listing on Flipkey. Why anyone would pay the Airbnb hipness tax baffles me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Just used this for a €280 last minute booking for this coming week - thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

t-hairy wrote: »
    Thanks OP. Just saved more than 40% on the very apartment I was about to book on Airbnb. It was already hundreds cheaper on Booking.com.

As an aside, the Airbnb markup is frankly ridiculous. If you are looking to book on Airbnb, I'd suggest just doing an advanced search of the property description. You're likely to find the same place on Booking, Housetrip, Flipkey or any of the Tripadvisor sites for much cheaper. I saved 200 quid last year after finding the exact same listing on Flipkey. Why anyone would pay the Airbnb hipness tax baffles me.
    Agreed, I just don't get the attraction of AirBnB, it always seems a lot more expensive to me and I feel like I'd be creeping around someone's house, like an old style B&B.

Tnx for the link Op, used €75 off for next week.

Advertisement