Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AIB Rewards

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Do u reckon their be new ones added after the dates expire?

If they don't, will be a bit of a waste of a promotion.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

If they don't, will be a bit of a waste of a promotion.

I don't think they will bring the promotions like Lidl, Topaz, etc, there will be more like get % back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

So do we know if this works with Android pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

FrostyJim wrote: »
    So do we know if this works with Android pay?

Just use your card or else ask AIB directly to be sure.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

I doubt Android pay would work as you need to know the full card number to register it to the program.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I doubt Android pay would work as you need to know the full card number to register it to the program.

Android Pay payments appear on your bank statements as normal transactions against the debit card linked to android pay, so I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Is the Smyths offer gone?

EDIT:Just found it in 'Offers History' - Expired 18/5

Showing as available until 02/06/2017 for me. Although i only signed up for Rewards a couple of days ago, so maybe this explains why

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rainemac

I just bought on m&s with a 20% discount code. I wonder will I also get the 8% back for using my card? Is there anything in t&c's to say can't be used with another promotion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

ive got 30 bak so far 2 x lidil 2 x topaz

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Tigger wrote: »
    ive got 30 bak so far 2 x lidil 2 x topaz

How long did they take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

sullivlo wrote: »
    How long did they take?

I was about to ask the same.
    waiting on a Topax purchase refund.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

100% my Topaz offer disappeared days before it was due to expire on mine. it was gone within two days of signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

rainemac wrote: »
    I just bought on m&s with a 20% discount code. I wonder will I also get the 8% back for using my card? Is there anything in t&c's to say can't be used with another promotion?
    You should get both. The 8% will only be based on the lower amount that was processed by VISA, pre the 20%. That's my opinion anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I user topaz and lidl with no issues. I'll have to make a Bit of an effort to use the others to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

rainemac wrote: »
    I got 8% of final figure and I used 2 codes together. Reward came through already

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

vectra wrote: »
    I was about to ask the same.
    waiting on a Topax purchase refund.

Card used in Toaz on Friday and in Lidl on Saturday, emailed received this morning (Monday). I guess cash will follow in a day or two.

The question is if the Lidl and Toaz cashbacks will be offered again in future or not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

Looking at subsequent offers in the 2 weeks since launch, the Topaz and Lidl ones are still by the best offers, mainly in terms of value but also in general "usefulness" to people. The newer offers are defo not as strong.

FWIW, I got both my lidl and topaz offers refunded in about 5 Business Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Wonder whould I query it?
    How would one go about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

The Lidl offer was meant to expire at end of month in my boyfriend account[already redeemed on mine with money back] but it has disappear from the offers.No big deal if it is but i am sure the expiry was 31 of May

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

vectra wrote: »
    Wonder whould I query it?
    How would one go about that?

Ask AIB have a thread here - http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057737486

I have two cards/accounts, on my other card, it took 7 days for the refund to come thru. No harm asking them anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

If you register two cards on different account would you get cash back on bought cards if bought were used in Lidl etc?

angelmum wrote: »
    If you register two cards on different account would you get cash back on bought cards if bought were used in Lidl etc?

yes, you should put each card on a separate account

Has anyone used the Apache deal and paid over the phone? It says online only on the deal but I wonder if it works as long as you pay with a registered card?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Has anyone used the Apache deal and paid over the phone? It says online only on the deal but I wonder if it works as long as you pay with a registered card?

Probably wouldn't work. I'd say the majority of apache stores use different payment payment providers. Whereas if they say online only they can ensure it's the payment provider that the online site uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭zimszimer1

Frick just spent €25 in Lidl tonight and paid with AIB card. Hope they get some more deals going, might cover some of the stupid fees they charge.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

€10 credit on way from Lidl offer, only took a couple of days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

NikoTopps wrote: »
    The Lidl offer was meant to expire at end of month in my boyfriend account[already redeemed on mine with money back] but it has disappear from the offers.No big deal if it is but i am sure the expiry was 31 of May

Fairly sure it was 18th May or thereabouts.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Fairly sure it was 18th May or thereabouts.

For lidl, Topaz and some others the date changes depending when you register as it's 2 weeks from registration date. I have 2 accounts 1 for each card and they have different dates

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭zimszimer1

Does anyone know what happens after they expire? Are there new offers introduced? Lots of mine are expiring tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

nava wrote: »
    For lidl, Topaz and some others the date changes depending when you register as it's 2 weeks from registration date. I have 2 accounts 1 for each card and they have different dates

Ah OK.

Crap...I knew I should've driven more!...:pac:

Advertisement