Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I replied to their email asking what they meant by stock problem and from the few emails back and forth these were the highlights:
    • The reason for cancellation is that their supplier can't supply the cards at the price in the timeframe they require so they had to use a different supplier that is more expensive.
    • I was wrong in thinking that their taking payment constitutes a contract and they're entitled to do it under EU legislation & their T&Cs. silly me:o
    • They couldn't point out where in their t&cs it stated that they could legally an legally take payment from my credit card, hold it for two weeks and then cancel the order. However they say that "in our Terms and conditions it states that we can cancel any order for any reason (Although not quite worded like that)"

Just saw this on the komplett forum
    Basicially, our supplier screwed us over on the 5670's we had due in to stock tomorrow. So instead of keeping our customers waiting another three weeks untill a new supplier can get these too us a mail was sent to all customers purchasing this card to inform them that the order has been cancelled and a refund will be issued in the next 4-8 working days.

gotta love the way they're looking out for the customer in all this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Basicially, our supplier screwed us over on the 5670's we had due in to stock tomorrow. So instead of keeping our customers waiting another three weeks untill a new supplier can get these too us a mail was sent to all customers purchasing this card to inform them that the order has been cancelled and a refund will be issued in the next 4-8 working days.

I wouldn't have minded having to wait a few weeks , If it meant getting the card as ordered .

It looks like they just don't want to honour any of the orders .

Komplett want this out of the way as soon as possible as their terms & conditions don't actually cover their cancelling the orders like this.

Though, looking at what they've done I can't help wonder if they're purposelfully advertising false bargains (like the card and the psu they'd advertised) in order to get a load of cash into their accounts quickly for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Though, looking at what they've done I can't help wonder if they're purposelfully advertising false bargains (like the card and the psu they'd advertised) in order to get a load of cash into their accounts quickly for a few weeks.

I doubt it, they had RAM priced at €10,000+ as well. That and the 5670 were out by two decimal points. I think it was just human error for the pricing at least.

I think the RAM i ordered last week will be my last order from them :(

Massive delays in getting refunds (i laughed when they had 4-8 days in the email). Coupled with unreliable stock listing on website, and your card being charged immediately for a product that although listed as "x in stock", may not actually be in stock.

Best of luck to them i say, they are losing many customers who have shopped with them for years. My first purchase was a 1gb corsair memory key for €65 in 2003 i believe.

• Advertisement

I doubt I'll be ordering from them again aswell .

I needed to order parts just as they were taken over / updating their website and sourced all the parts I needed from Dabs.ie , Pixmania.ie and Amazon .

They lost out on an order from me worth about 800 Euros .A friend also had to order parts elsewhere (about 500 euros worth )

Between myself and friends , we've given them about 3000 Euros over the last 18 months .

I can't even view my order history with them anymore .

Not very professional .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

YEah - teh loss of order history is a drag indeed - I always used to use it to check memory speeeds, legacy pricing etc. Seems insigificant, but I liked it for sure.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Ordered another Samsung F3, a 1TB this time. Can collect at pick up point so not paying in advance, i don't need it urgently but i couldn't leave it behind for 64.99.

There is no way I would make place a credit card order for delivery at the moment, sad state of affairs really as I have got great service over the years from Komplett.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

marco_polo wrote: »
    Ordered another Samsung F3, a 1TB this time. Can collect at pick up point so not paying in advance, i don't need it urgently but i couldn't leave it behind for 64.99.

There is no way I would make place a credit card order for delivery at the moment, sad state of affairs really as I have got great service over the years from Komplett.

I take it komplett are still best avoided then?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Burgo wrote: »

I'll tell you next week :)

In all seriousness though listening to others they still appear to have alot of unsolved problems especially around online payments.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yup, they're now saying Laser works online at long last. Just tested it and it sure as hell doesn't! :rolleyes:

Also wondering if that cheapie F3 turns up at the pickup point... fingers crossed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Solitaire wrote: »
    Yup, they're now saying Laser works online at long last. Just tested it and it sure as hell doesn't! :rolleyes:

What a surprise :rolleyes:
    Solitaire wrote: »
    Also wondering if that cheapie F3 turns up at the pickup point... fingers crossed! :D

Well that would be nice for Marco alright, he'll collect it in about 2 months time when it arrives lol

I used to almost exclusively use Komplett, since about 2004 building my first A64 rig, but I'm sad to say they wont be getting another order from me until they sort out the huge mess they're in.

The most worrying part about it is, they have had LOADS of time to sort the issues out, and haven't - i anything, they're getting worse.

The website is a shambles, and a very sad reflection of a site that used to be easy to use, navigate, and had loads of granularity in product listings to easily sort out the components you want - but its rubbish now, leaving you sift through 100's or 1000's of things to find what you're looking for.

Grr... I suppose all these posts should really be in the Komplett section though ...

Anyway, great price for the F3, just hope its honoured and orders fulfilled for Marco :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Burgo wrote: »
    I ordered from them over a month ago and got all my parts in just over a week :)

I checked my credit card online earlier , my refund for the 5670 has appeared .

My F3 is winging its way to the pickup already...

Apologies for helping to derail this thread a little :o

As a sop, i posted up what i think to be a decent price for a budget SSD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

WD Elements 2TB £94.99 (113.6 eur)

Anyone know what's inside this?

Edit: WD20EADS, if anyone is interested.
    http://www.gearhack.com/myink/ViewPage.php?file=docs/Western%20Digital%20Elements%20External%20Hard%20Drive%20Disassembly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

That F3 is a very good price alright....what is their performance like in RAID?

Pacifico wrote: »
    That F3 is a very good price alright....what is their performance like in RAID?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055780079&highlight=samsung

Can't believe this was down on Page 13... :eek::o:p

Anyway... GTX460. I'm now almost feeling sorry for the HD5770 1GB. Almost. Now hard to find a cheap model at more than €10 cheaper than a cheap GTX460... ouch :o

Bearing that ludicrous price in mind, a €600 budget gaming rig can now contain an X4-945 (mmm... cache...), GTX460 and 4GB DDR3-1333 while the HDD has been upped to the 1TB iteration of the Samsung F3. And this is with a reasonable case with some extra 120mm fans glued on and a decent 550W (41A) non-modular PSU... €600 gets you a lot of oomph right now! :eek:

• Advertisement

To answer Carne's question - yep, pretty darn good actually ;)

If you look through the reviews you'll notice that it gets over 90% in reviews and value and is only marked down by "experts" for pretty pathetic reasons - "how dare a sub-€130 Full HD monitor lack HDMI!!1!" and "This 22" monitor has the temerity to be only 22" in size!!11!roflcopter" being repeated endlessly :rolleyes::p Given that the cheap 22" panels of its day were 1680*1050 and didn't even have DVI I'd say the pathetic whining can be safely ignored :P The panels themselves seem to be good quality 1080p jobbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Mmm... that monitor is yummily cheap. If I had the deskspace, I'd get it... or three.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

I can vouch for that monitor, I got one for my new PC and can't fault it, even using it through VGA it's brilliant. I also thought it's suspiciously cheap, but in the end I believed the reviewers and my gut feeling and went for it, I'm glad I did! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

Thanks for the replies. At first I thought it might be an error on Kompletts part. But after looking more into it, it seriously does look like a real bargain at a €50 discount. I would get one but sadly the state Komplett are in now you'd be taking a chance.

If its in stock order to the Pick-Up Point and collect. Safe, quick, reliable. And they take Laser! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

Not so good if you live outside Dublin. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

Komplett has free delivery across Ireland at the moment so just order away. :)

That's when the whole unreliability thang kicks in :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

ya the only way you should buy off of them right now is if you can pick it up, i had trouble trying to order stuff from them through a mastercard as their security system was acting up :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Anyone know a good wireless gaming keyboard?

Advertisement