Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Some advice needed on Hard-drives for a server.

• 22-01-2019 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hey, Im after purchasing this server:

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/123585735550?ViewItem=&item=123585735550&ssPageName=ADME:L:COSI:IE:1123

And wondering about what sort of Hard drive is needed, I asked the guy that sold it but he said he didn't know as he doesn't normally deal with super micro servers.

Im assuming I can purchase a few of these and then any 3.5 HDD will be suffiecnt?

Sorry I know this is probably a pretty basic Q, but didnt know where else ask.

Comments

Advertisement