Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Welcome thread - if you find this forum and you want to play then say hi here!

Options
  • 14-02-2018 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    we will be very happy to have any an all posters that would like to play role playing (dungeons and dragons style) games with us. its all very easy going and anyone of any experience level can play if they like.

So if anyone is interested in what is going on jut post here and ask.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Whooo who triple crown winning grabdslamming champions
    Today is a good day
    Also I’m back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Tigger wrote: »
    Hi
    we will be very happy to have any an all posters that would like to play role playing (dungeons and dragons style) games with us. its all very easy going and anyone of any experience level can play if they like.

So if anyone is interested in what is going on jut post here and ask.

Hi, I’d be interested in playing if that’s ok.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Jack Moore wrote: »
    Hi, I’d be interested in playing if that’s ok.

Hi, what games are you interested in playing?

We currently have a 5E game going on, see here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057853232

For more info. Fourier be our DM, you can check out what's on offer in the forum sticky if you're interested.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Hi, what games are you interested in playing?

We currently have a 5E game going on, see here:

For more info. Fourier be our DM, you can check out what's on offer in the forum sticky if you're interested.

5e sounds good! Where does your name come from if you don’t mind me being so nosey.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5e sounds good! Where does your name come from if you don’t mind me being so nosey.

Made it up playing an RPG for the PS3 called Kingdoms of Amalur. Kinda stuck with it for my Boards name then, and 10k posts later you have a lunatic hopping around playing all sorts of games online in his spare time :pac:

Do sign up, we're always looking for new players. You got much D&D experience?

• Advertisement

Made it up playing an RPG for the PS3 called Kingdoms of Amalur. Kinda stuck with it for my Boards name then, and 10k posts later you have a lunatic hopping around playing all sorts of games online in his spare time :pac:

Do sign up, we're always looking for new players. You got much D&D experience?

Not really, I’ve played a good few one shots with pre rolled charachters. I’ve never played a campaign. Hope that’s ok.

Not really, I’ve played a good few one shots with pre rolled charachters. I’ve never played a campaign. Hope that’s ok.

I'm sure it will be fine if you can handle some of the crazies (ie, me) who inhabit the threads and play :pac:

I'm sure it will be fine if you can handle some of the crazies (ie, me) who inhabit the threads and play :pac:

Well I’ll give it a shot so. What’s the next step? Do I message Fourier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Hi, post in this thread showing your interest

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you go back to the start of that thread, there's a link to the free version of the 5e rules if you don't have the player's handbook. There are some premades in there if you're stuck for ideas. Or there are a couple of characters in the current game (a ranged drow fighter with Spiderman powers and a fir bolg druid about whose drowning we don't like to speak) who might be available for a quick start given their drivers have dropped out

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    If you go back to the start of that thread, there's a link to the free version of the 5e rules if you don't have the player's handbook. There are some premades in there if you're stuck for ideas. Or there are a couple of characters in the current game (a ranged drow fighter with Spiderman powers and a fir bolg druid about whose drowning we don't like to speak) who might be available for a quick start given their drivers have dropped out

The Drow sounds cool but I don’t like playing evil charachters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭Evade

I find it's easier if you make you own character. You have more of an idea of what it can do because you've read through the options and written down your picks yourself.

Evade wrote: »
    I find it's easier if you make you own character. You have more of an idea of what it can do because you've read through the options and written down your picks yourself.

I agree, I’ve rolled up a Wizard, I didn’t look to see what was “needed” as that can lead to cliche. I’ll have a look now.
    Also Hi :)

Advertisement