Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M and M Direct

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

recyclops wrote: »
    Are having a 85% off sale at the moment some good bargains to be found

http://www.mandmdirect.ie/01/clear-out?hpmain

Tbh the site is much like sports direct as in there's always a sale. Take no note of the rrp quoted. Having said that, I find the site excellent in terms of price quality and delivery. Spend over 75 to get free delivery also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

Oh dear. I am now much poorer....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Tbh the site is much like sports direct as in there's always a sale. Take no note of the rrp quoted. Having said that, I find the site excellent in terms of price quality and delivery. Spend over 75 to get free delivery also

I agree. It's like Harvey Norman. Every weekend is the "Big Big Sale"......

That said the clothes are cheap and good quality. Recently I was looking for some gear for work. Firetrap polo's for a tenner each and so on. Can't find stuff that cheap in any of the local shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Always order from the UK version of the website at www.mandmdirect.com if spending over £75.
    Prices are cheaper than on the .ie version of the website.
    Here is an example.
    UK website £69.99 (€84)
    http://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/UJ966/Under-Armour-Mens-Charge-RC-2-Neutral-Running-Shoes-Black-Electric-Blue-Hi-Viz-Yellow
    Irish website €90.95
    http://www.mandmdirect.ie/01/details/UJ966/Under-Armour-Mens-Charge-RC-2-Neutral-Running-Shoes-Black-Electric-Blue-Hi-Viz-Yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SQLDBA

^^^^^

The real Bargain Alert is in the comments. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Always order from the UK version of the website at www.mandmdirect.com if spending over £75.
    Prices are cheaper than on the .ie version of the website.
    Here is an example.
    UK website £69.99 (€84)
    http://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/UJ966/Under-Armour-Mens-Charge-RC-2-Neutral-Running-Shoes-Black-Electric-Blue-Hi-Viz-Yellow
    Irish website €90.95
    http://www.mandmdirect.ie/01/details/UJ966/Under-Armour-Mens-Charge-RC-2-Neutral-Running-Shoes-Black-Electric-Blue-Hi-Viz-Yellow

Yep, and use revolut for the best exchange rate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

It's better than sportsdirect though. The problem with sportsdirect/USC is they are Mike Ashley owned, so most of the stuff is the fallen brands that used to be decent, that they bought on the cheap (karrimor, firetrap, donnay, dunlop, lonsdale etc. )
    At least Mandm has a better range of brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

It's better than sportsdirect though. The problem with sportsdirect/USC is they are Mike Ashley owned, so most of the stuff is the fallen brands that used to be decent, that they bought on the cheap (karrimor, firetrap, donnay, dunlop, lonsdale etc. )
    At least Mandm has a better range of brands.
    I never said it was on a par with sports direct? I said it was like it in that there's always a sale. There's a sports direct thread in which their downfall is well documented.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭fdevine

Firetrap is a SportsDirect/Mike Ashley brand as well AFAIK (mostly junk with few exceptions). In my experience sizes & quality are way off the price they usually charge. There's a growing list of SD brands I'm wary of with some, most notably Firetrap, appearing on The Hut/Zavvi/IWOOT, M&MDirect & others.

Have bought from M&MDirect before and never had an issue with quality or delivery. I'd restrict myself to proper branded stuff. Worth noting that in a previous BA thread on M&MDirect there were complaints about some stuff being seconds but not experienced this personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the three sites I normally check are sportsdirect, mandm and getthelabel which sort me out for the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Do people really have good stories of M&M?

I used them once. A pair of football boots and a pair or runners in the one order. In both pairs, one shoe was notably bigger than the other. Also, one of the runners looked a little off shape.

That was enough to convince me they're peddling seconds, sent the order back and will have no dealings with them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭SachaJ

fdevine wrote: »
    Firetrap is a SportsDirect/Mike Ashley brand as well AFAIK (mostly junk with few exceptions). In my experience sizes & quality are way off the price they usually charge. There's a growing list of SD brands I'm wary of with some, most notably Firetrap, appearing on The Hut/Zavvi/IWOOT, M&MDirect & others.

Have bought from M&MDirect before and never had an issue with quality or delivery. I'd restrict myself to proper branded stuff. Worth noting that in a previous BA thread on M&MDirect there were complaints about some stuff being seconds but not experienced this personally.

Yeah I figured Firetrap was somehow a licensed brand or was bought out. Something like McKenzie but still their jocks are lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

theteal wrote: »

I used them once. A pair of football boots and a pair or runners in the one order. In both pairs, one shoe was notably bigger than the other. Also, one of the runners looked a little off shape.

That was enough to convince me they're peddling seconds, sent the order back and will have no dealings with them again.

Only used them once for a pair of runners last November , no complaints , pair of adidas for 35e delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Deagol

3 of the official 2015 rugby world cup t-shirts for €7.50 (Canterbury), how could you go wrong!

Bought from them a few times now and no complaints. I got a beautiful Blazer for €42.50, came (mistakenly I'm sure) with a UK price tag on it from a well known shopping chain.. £265!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

3 x IRFU baseball caps £1.50.

Careful with this crowd in case you made a mistake in ordering, they'll tell you that they can't amend it - even by notifying them within 5 minutes - as it has been processed. So they processed my 10 item order in 5 minutes - yeh right

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

vicwatson wrote: »
    3 x IRFU baseball caps £1.50.

Careful with this crowd in case you made a mistake in ordering, they'll tell you that they can't amend it - even by notifying them within 5 minutes - as it has been processed. So they processed my 10 item order in 5 minutes - yeh right
    I was able to cancel an order 12 hours later yesterday no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Skerries wrote: »
    the three sites I normally check are sportsdirect, mandm and getthelabel which sort me out for the year
    Ordered these yesterday from the website getthelabel. Received an Email stating that they had been picked. Checked this morning and the order had been cancelled but no communication from the website via Email. Rang them up and was advised that it was a mistake on their system and that my item was out of stock. It was my first time ordering so won't be doing so again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

stamjoe wrote: »
    I was able to cancel an order 12 hours later yesterday no problem.

Seriously, then they are taking the p, may be a difference between cancellation and an amendment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Delacent

SachaJ wrote: »
    I agree. It's like Harvey Norman. Every weekend is the "Big Big Sale"......

M&M Direct are a sale site - so they are totally up front on what they do.

They are now owned by Bestseller group (Jack & Jones, Vila, Only, Name It and others)

They buy up job lots of end of lines but just like TK Maxx & Sports Direct they also have their own "born again" brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭BandMember

theteal wrote: »

Used them loads of times and never had any problems - everything was exactly as per the product description and all orders arrived on time, if not ahead of schedule. Would have no qualms about using them again or recommending them to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Do they ship from a warehouse in Ireland or in the UK? Which courier company?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,495 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Do they ship from a warehouse in Ireland or in the UK? Which courier company?

Our order last week, arrived via An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Our order last week, arrived via An Post.

The .ie site claims two days delivery if ordered before 5pm. Was it that for you?

I assume they have a warehouse here. Did it come from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

The .ie site claims two days delivery if ordered before 5pm. Was it that for you?

I assume they have a warehouse here. Did it come from Dublin?

The two days delivery is if you choose the 'Express Delivery' option which is e2 more than standard and I assume if your order is >e75 you do not get free delivery as you would with the standard option.

I 'd say all the stock is in their UK warehouse in Hereford (that is also the Returns address on .ie site) which would serve both markets. I recently placed an order on a Sunday evening using standard delivery option, received it the following Saturday morning in the West of Ireland. Door delivery was from An Post. Email messages regarding delivery status referenced a courier company called Hermes which backs up assumption delivery originates in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Link in the OP returns no results? Clearout finished I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Ush1 wrote: »

Well they've had almost 3 years now so I'd assume it's finished! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Ush1 wrote: »

Check when it was posted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭cr-07

Anyone have any discount codes for MandM? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

cr-07 wrote: »
    Anyone have any discount codes for MandM? :)

They don’t do discount codes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭cr-07

donnyvegas wrote: »
    They don’t do discount codes.

Realized that when I got to the checkout lol :P Thanks anyway!

Advertisement