Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Map of graves at St. Finbarr's Cemetery and St. Michael's graveyard?

Options
  • 14-02-2012 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I have relatives buried at St. Finbarr's Cemetery and St. Michael's graveyard. How would I find their exact location?

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I'm not sure where those cemeteries are so only have general advice.

If they are still operating graveyards, then contact their office. There won't be a map of "X is buried here" but they should have records that will tell you location (often based on a number/letter system or named after saints).

If they are not open as graveyards anymore, then contact your local authority who should be able to tell you has the records (usually a local library) or at least the parks division who maintain will be able to give you a rough idea of how the place is laid out. Failing that, you'll have to check all the headstones, but be prepared that there may be none, if your ancestors are from more than 80 years ago. Most people could not afford headstones.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Worztron

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭dido2

There are phone numbers here along with an email address should help you to find out how to get the information, I know St Josephs in Ballyphehane had a care taker who would be there a lot of the day, they might be the same

http://www.corkcity.ie/services/recreationamenityculture/cemeteries/

Advertisement