Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electoral Registers at NLI

• 22-01-2012 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

There is a post on the National Library of Ireland blog which outlines that they now have all their electoral registers in the NLI online catalogue.

It says to search 'electoral registers' and the city/county your interested in.

E.g. A quick search showed they have Galway City 1943-1965.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thanks for that information. I need some advice. I want to get updates from the NLI blog but I don't understand it when it says 'subscribe to this feed using Live Bookmarks'.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Coolnabacky1873

I might not be the best to answer this but here goes!

I use live bookmarks for Claire Santry's excellent Irish genealogy blog. I have it bookmarked on the toolbar of my browser (the bit between were you put in a URL address and where you view a website). So instead of going to the blog to see if she has posting anything new I just have to click on where I have saved it on the toolbar and it will show if there are any new blog posts.

There might be some way to get a little message to pop up automatically with new updates once you have subscribed but I couldn't be bothered going that far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thanks Cool! So it's basically just normal bookmarking then, that's what I usually do with sites I'm interested in but it means I have to remember to check and I've bookmarked way too many sites now. I was just hoping for instant notifications. I'll bookmark it anyway for now. Thanks again. much appreciated. I'm really interested in those electoral registers.

Advertisement