Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJI Mavic Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Homer

Just be cautious of running your drone on an older version of software if its still under warranty as I was told after my drone malfunctioned and crashed (under warranty) that they will look to see what version of firmware you were running when it crashed.
    It prompts you every time you enter the app to ensure you are running the latest version of software. Not sure if its true that they would or could look to refuse a warranty return on that basis but thats what the guys in the repair centre told me!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Homer wrote: »
    Just be cautious of running your drone on an older version of software if its still under warranty as I was told after my drone malfunctioned and crashed (under warranty) that they will look to see what version of firmware you were running when it crashed.
    It prompts you every time you enter the app to ensure you are running the latest version of software. Not sure if its true that they would or could look to refuse a warranty return on that basis but thats what the guys in the repair centre told me!

Ah, I've no plans to downgrade myself H.

I only mentioned it that it was a suggested fix from a user over on the DJI forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

if you have been running a stable and bug free firmware, and after a firmware upgrade suddenly start experiencing lots of bugs and glitches, it would be entirely reasonable, indeed even make common sense to revert back to a previous firmware.

I am sure people would prefer a device on an older version of software that was stable and worked over a glitchy one.

If your video stream and pics aren't being saved properly, then the first thing to look at is the app that runs on the phone - downgrading the drones firmware, although possible, is quite extreme.

You may not have changed any setting in DJI Go 4 app, but it's possible for settings to get reset from time to time - seems to happen more so on Android from what I read, I use the iOS app.

And since my initial reply, there has been another firmware update for the Mavic (I thought we were done with updates as the Mavic is quite mature now, but anyway!) so that be worth trying?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

ozmo wrote: »

Ive been using a couple free tools to Losslessly clip and join the files - much quicker than reprocessing them - takes seconds only.

Can I ask what you're using for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭ozmo

smokingman wrote: »
    Can I ask what you're using for that?

Sure- functionality is basic - does two things only - you can cut 4K mp4 files into pieces and you can join them all up - main feature is its done without reencoding, so it takes literally seconds on files a gig in size- plus no loss in quality.

For best speed use on an ssd or use one physical hard disk for source and another different physical drive for the destination.

https://www.mp4joiner.org/en/

splitter_en.jpg

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

theothernt wrote: »

And since my initial reply, there has been another firmware update for the Mavic (I thought we were done with updates as the Mavic is quite mature now, but anyway!) so that be worth trying?

And on that, updated yesterday morning, all well (or so I thought) until it come to uploading the upgrade.

Upgrade failed error.

Result = controller won't connect with AC.

Have connected AC to dji assistant and upgraded there, but the controller won't upgrade, it downloads software then says "upgrade failed" try again.

Also, telling me that the controllers current firmware is version 0.000.000 which would suggest to me that the controllers not got software installed on it.

I will get on to customer service later (they weren't open yesterday evening), but I think my drone and controller might be going back to dji by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Homer

Which is a pain in the hoop by the way.. It has to go back to Holland (Central DJI warehouse and repair centre) and get in the Q to be looked at so expect a turnaround of about 4-6 weeks.
    Thats how long mine took. Granted I had a backup as I use mine several times a week for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

And on that, updated yesterday morning, all well (or so I thought) until it come to uploading the upgrade.

Upgrade failed error.

Result = controller won't connect with AC.

Have connected AC to dji assistant and upgraded there, but the controller won't upgrade, it downloads software then says "upgrade failed" try again.

Also, telling me that the controllers current firmware is version 0.000.000 which would suggest to me that the controllers not got software installed on it.

I will get on to customer service later (they weren't open yesterday evening), but I think my drone and controller might be going back to dji by the looks of things.

You shouldn't need to send the Drone back. They will most likely just request the controller.

They will most likely replace it with an "as new" replacement (used) and send you instructions on how to link the replacement with your own drone.

Make sure to take note of your original serial numbers as they have (had) a habit of not updating their system to show they have replaced items.

Try not to send your drone back unless you have to as they will mostly likely not send back your original drone iirc, and if you know yours is working best to try keep it!

This is just based on a lot of stuff I was reading last year, but it may have improved.

I have a dead phantom 4 controller lost to a bad flash- very weary now of updating and will only update if there is a clear benefit - not every request.

Too risky to update each release.

“Roll it back”

Wanton wrote: »
    You shouldn't need to send the Drone back. They will most likely just request the controller.

They will most likely replace it with an "as new" replacement (used) and send you instructions on how to link the replacement with your own drone.

Make sure to take note of your original serial numbers as they have (had) a habit of not updating their system to show they have replaced items.

Try not to send your drone back unless you have to as they will mostly likely not send back your original drone iirc, and if you know yours is working best to try keep it!

This is just based on a lot of stuff I was reading last year, but it may have improved.

Yeah they have now said that I should send it back, I have the refresh package, so I'm hoping for a new drone, we will see how it plans out.

I have the forms all filled, but don't seem to have any email notification acknowledging same

Also, will double check when near a laptop, but I do not think they provided me with any details as to who or when would be collecting the package to ship it out to Nederland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Yeah they have now said that I should send it back, I have the refresh package, so I'm hoping for a new drone, we will see how it plans out.

I have the forms all filled, but don't seem to have any email notification acknowledging same

Also, will double check when near a laptop, but I do not think they provided me with any details as to who or when would be collecting the package to ship it out to Nederland.

Just to be clear, and its been almost 8 months since I read anything on the official forum, the refresh package does not entitle you to a new drone, its an "as new" drone. There are many reports of people getting obviously used drones.

If you have refresh its less than a year old? Why are they making you use it for a fault? I would have only used mine in the case of a crash. They should be taking back the controller under warranty as its bricked??

Sorry, I love my Mavic, but I hate DJI. They make everything so difficult and awkward.

Wanton wrote: »
    Just to be clear, and its been almost 8 months since I read anything on the official forum, the refresh package does not entitle you to a new drone, its an "as new" drone. There are many reports of people getting obviously used drones.

If you have refresh its less than a year old? Why are they making you use it for a fault? I would have only used mine in the case of a crash. They should be taking back the controller under warranty as its bricked??

Sorry, I love my Mavic, but I hate DJI. They make everything so difficult and awkward.

Sorry, just to be clear, they're not making me use the refresh package, I'm just saying that I have it.

The warranty procedure claim form asked if I wanted to send back controller only, or drone and controller.

After reading the comments here I'm beginning to think I could resubmit it, or else just send back the controller on its own.

I'm just worried that if they're expecting a drone and it's controller, and the controller shows up minus the drone that it might delay the whole thing somewhat.

I have a wedding coming up at the end of July and I was baking on having the drone there for a few shots and perusing a flyover, not looking good now though.

Sorry, just to be clear, they're not making me use the refresh package, I'm just saying that I have it.

The warranty procedure claim form asked if I wanted to send back controller only, or drone and controller.

After reading the comments here I'm beginning to think I could resubmit it, or else just send back the controller on its own.

I'm just worried that if they're expecting a drone and it's controller, and the controller shows up minus the drone that it might delay the whole thing somewhat.

I have a wedding coming up at the end of July and I was baking on having the drone there for a few shots and perusing a flyover, not looking good now though.

Guys, just to update this.

Sent RC via ups pickup last Tuesday, received by DJI in holland on Fri.

Emailed this morning to say that they've checked it, firmware update failure was the diagnoses, new one being shipped out for free.

I'll update when it arrives back with me,but all things considered, looks to be a fan service so far .

Guys, just to update this.

Sent RC via ups pickup last Tuesday, received by DJI in holland on Fri.

Emailed this morning to say that they've checked it, firmware update failure was the diagnoses, new one being shipped out for free.

I'll update when it arrives back with me,but all things considered, looks to be a fan service so far .

Out for delivery today.

Can't complain all things considered. :)

Edit.

Delivered in the last half hour .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Out for delivery today.

Can't complain all things considered. :)

Edit.

Delivered in the last half hour .
    Happy flying

Had a day free so thought I'd put something together from the past year. A few shots from work projects thrown in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Had a day free so thought I'd put something together from the past year. A few shots from work projects thrown in to.

great footage! didnt hurt that you shot all of it perfect sunny weather (a scarce commodity on the island!!). could you list of the locations you shot?

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    great footage! didnt hurt that you shot all of it perfect sunny weather (a scarce commodity on the island!!). could you list of the locations you shot?
    Alot of it was shot during the great weather we had around June/July. A few others were just really frosty/cold mornings around the start of the the year.

All shot in Cork with a few from Westport.

In order:

- Rocky Bay
    - Drakes Pool
    - Currabinny
    - Albert Quay
    - Nohoval Cove
    - James Fort
    - Westport, Mayo
    - Rocky Bay
    - Kilcrea Friary
    - Castlepark Marina
    - Myrtleville
    - Crosshaven
    - Westport, Mayo
    - Kilcrea Friary
    - Drakes Pool
    - Nohoval Cove
    - Currabinny
    - Fountainstown
    - Kilcrea Friary
    - Rocky Bay
    - Westport, Mayo
    - Albert Quay
    - Drakes Pool
    - Crosshaven
    - Cobh
    - Nohoval Cove
    - Howe Strand, Cork
    - Kilcrea Friary

Nohoval Cove is a great spot. Incredibly picturesque and secluded. Only 20 minutes from Carrigaline.

469433.jpg

Cool- What did you use to edit... still looking for a simple and free 4k editor myself.
    Nothing fancy.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    Cool- What did you use to edit... still looking for a simple and free 4k editor myself.
    Nothing fancy.
    Premiere Pro

If you're looking for a free one I'd suggest DaVinci Resolve.
    There's a bit of a learning curve to start off with if you've no experience video editing but its worth it. Fantastic bit of free software.

Can't think of any basic free one's just now but a lot of those come with export restrictions, watermarks and little to no colour manipulation options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Can anyone recommend a cheap tablet I could use with my Mavic Pro amd also use as a kindle?

I’m thinking iPad mini bit open to suggestions!

Cheers

frag420 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a cheap tablet I could use with my Mavic Pro amd also use as a kindle?

I’m thinking iPad mini bit open to suggestions!

Cheers
    I use an ipad mini 2 myself. Works perfectly and never had any problems.
    Try the apple refurb store, got mine 32GB Wifi for €259.00

The DJI Go app I've read can be a bit finicky with android on low end phones/tablets. I've used a Samsung S5 and J7 with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭bemak

I have the ipad mini too and think it's great for it. tidy to carry around and the screen is more than big enough

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

bit late to the band wagon, but just ordered a mavic pro platinum off amazon.. have the 3 batterys and case etc.

any tips & tricks or advice anyone have before she arrives which is due Friday....

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭theintern

Lenny wrote: »
    bit late to the band wagon, but just ordered a mavic pro platinum off amazon.. have the 3 batterys and case etc.

any tips & tricks or advice anyone have before she arrives which is due Friday....

Set aside plenty of time before your first flight to charge up the batteries and do software updates. They take quite a while.

Once it's all good to go, leave her out of sport mode for a while until you get used to it. On your first few flights get used to the return home settings. Signal drop outs happen, so make sure you know what'll happen. You'll crap yourself the first time otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anyone any recommendations on a replacement gimbal?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

theintern wrote: »
    Set aside plenty of time before your first flight to charge up the batteries and do software updates. They take quite a while.

Once it's all good to go, leave her out of sport mode for a while until you get used to it. On your first few flights get used to the return home settings. Signal drop outs happen, so make sure you know what'll happen. You'll crap yourself the first time otherwise.

oh signal dropouts, sound lovely!!!! do you set the home location every time you set off?
    i went with the combo deal also so i'll have 3 batterys, not even sure if i can charge the 3 of them at the same time, but guess i can get the batterys charging while i update the unit itself, i take it i won't be testing it Friday evening by the sounds of it!

thanks!

Lenny wrote: »
    oh signal dropouts, sound lovely!!!! do you set the home location every time you set off?
    i went with the combo deal also so i'll have 3 batterys, not even sure if i can charge the 3 of them at the same time, but guess i can get the batterys charging while i update the unit itself, i take it i won't be testing it Friday evening by the sounds of it!

thanks!

You need to give it time to find and set the rth home location- wait for the audio message before taking off- make sure you set the return hime height higher than the trees.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Earnshaw

Have one of these that I only use occasionally (very occasionally) but the image quality is really poor, like the camera shots are saturated with a white colour. Where would one start with investigating this issue?

• Advertisement

Earnshaw wrote: »
    Have one of these that I only use occasionally (very occasionally) but the image quality is really poor, like the camera shots are saturated with a white colour. Where would one start with investigating this issue?

Its probably the click wheel in the front of the controller set to +2 or something exposure- set it to zero. You can read the value its set from the lcd on the controller m. Its useful when its dark out.

Could also be helped by resetting the exposure balances to defaults - you can do this in the go app.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement