Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ce-35888-2 error

• 06-09-2020 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, sorry to sound potentially stupid but my sons ps4 keeps showing this error code when he tries to play a game on a disc. The downloaded stuff is sound but he now has a load of games he can't use. Can anyone give me an idea if this is fixable or is the console f*#%Ed? He keeps asking me but might as well be asking about purple martian trout fingers than ask me about video games! Even herself is starting to the the p1ss (I thought you said you could fix anything) and I'm going demented! Any help would be hugely appreciated.....
    Thanks
    LR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,460 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That seems to be from a mismatched Disk Drive. By any chance did ye replace the disk drive recently? If it never worked, go back to where you bought it as it looks like the disk drive needs to be replaced. If ye replaced it, ye might need to replace the daughterboard as well so there is full communication.

From google:
    How to fix this error code:
    You CAN replace your optical drive! The trick is that you need to find an optical drive that originally had a daughter board with the same number (010 or 020) as the one you have. After you get it all you have to do is remove the board that came with the replacement drive and install the one that came off of the bad optical drive that you are replacing onto the replacement blu ray drive. This way the original board that is married to the motherboard will stay with the motherboard.

Advertisement