Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Hi all.I ordered sim 11days ago but still have not received one.Did anyone order here and still waiting?

Yes, still waiting here also and I ordered the same number of days ago. Hoping it arrives soon!

Does anyone have an idea on the timeframe it takes to port a number over? Coming from prepay Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I've been with 48 months for a few years, but when the gomo offer came I ported over.

The 10 euros doesnt allow you to ring numbers in uk. You will need to buy cash credit to do this.
    You cannot text to numbers that begin with 5.
    The tenner wont allow you to ring 18** numbers. You will need to buy cash credit for this.

These are the reasons I ported to gomo, no more cockin around buyin cash credit to ring a number in uk, with gomo its automatically tacked onto your bill every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Hi all.I ordered sim 11days ago but still have not received one.Did anyone order here and still waiting?

Nothing here either

I'm with vodafone and the last couple of weeks data speeds were way down.

However last 48 hours seems to be back to normal.

Might stay as I am, for now anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

FFVII wrote: »
    What companies use these???

I've a good few 2FA all from normal mobile numbers.

Online banking is my main problem.
    Have asked the banks to send them by email but they can't/won't do it as I told them I can't get the texts with Virgin to confirm it's me.
    It means with AIB, I can only use their online banking with"limited access" so can't send money to anybody not saved unless I have a card reader on me.
    Virgin have had that issues since they launched years ago, mad!

That is mad and they don't tell you before you sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

I've been with 48 months for a few years, but when the gomo offer came I ported over.

The 10 euros doesnt allow you to ring numbers in uk. You will need to buy cash credit to do this.
    You cannot text to numbers that begin with 5.
    The tenner wont allow you to ring 18** numbers. You will need to buy cash credit for this.

These are the reasons I ported to gomo, no more cockin around buyin cash credit to ring a number in uk, with gomo its automatically tacked onto your bill every month.

But do you not need to top up in any case to get the monthly plan? So then you could call the UK? Or am I missing the point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

Did anyone who has actually received a sim card get an email to say the sim card has dispatched? The original email said that they would let me know when it was on it's way, that was on the 23rd of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

jimmy86 wrote: »
    Did anyone who has actually received a sim card get an email to say the sim card has dispatched? The original email said that they would let me know when it was on it's way, that was on the 23rd of April.

I really want to try them before friday when my current topup is due.Only got one email on 25/04 but nothing else.Im in the same boat as you.I know lockdown doesnt help but I dont know why cant send simcards even once a week.Pity...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,277 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

JohnBarry wrote: »
    lets hope vodafone will put out a half decent €10 all you can eat data plan
    it will blow all the competitors out of the water in my opinion

Unlikely - they compete mainly on coverage and quality, so they are unlikely to choose to compete on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Unlikely - they compete mainly on coverage and quality, so they are unlikely to choose to compete on price.

Think Vodafone are all you can eat now at least.
    Must be feeling the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Joziburg wrote: »
    But do you not need to top up in any case to get the monthly plan? So then you could call the UK? Or am I missing the point?

48 hours will take a recurring payment of a tenner a month from u, but you have to top up extra by I think 3 euros extra in order to pay to ring a uk number.
    Ringing uk numbers and those premium numbers/texts is outside of your plan.

Whereas gomo automatically charges u the extra in your next bill if u went outside of your plan

• Advertisement

48 hours will take a recurring payment of a tenner a month from u, but you have to top up extra by I think 3 euros extra in order to pay to ring a uk number.
    Ringing uk numbers and those premium numbers/texts is outside of your plan.

Whereas gomo automatically charges u the extra in your next bill if u went outside of your plan

Could always ring on whatsapp for free?

kneemos wrote: »
    Think Vodafone are all you can eat now at least.
    Must be feeling the heat.

Off the Vodafone X thread
    Was originally announced no limit then quickly changed to below.
    However, despite insisting that there will be no ‘fair use’ limit applied to the plans, the company is now saying that if anyone’s use of the unlimited data is “excessive” it might restrict their usage of it.
    The company has yet to define what an “excessive” usage limit for an “unlimited” data service is.

Given its stance on tethering, the operator has signalled that it will not stop someone living in an area with a strong signal replacing their home broadband service with the unlimited data service, regardless of how many 4K movies or devices use the single data source.

However, it doesn’t recommend doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I got my SIM today. Ordered 25th April.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭jeoun

Initially I didn't receive an email saying the order was shipped so I reordered. I got an email on Friday saying the sim was dispatched and received it on Wednesday. Easy to set up. Porting of my number took only 20 minutes. Let's hope the data allowance is enough!

There was also €1 credit in the sim when I received it which was needed in order to set up Facetime and iMessage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Was with 48 when they first came out (I was probably 20 or 21 at the time when they had the age restriction at first!!) and then moved around networks before going with VF the last 2 or 3 years. Since they are changing my plan to 10MB/s next month I was thinking of cutting costs and having a look around again. Currently on the 20 a month X unlimited weekends plan.

In South Meath home and South Dublin work so used to having full 4g excellent signal. Also handy when abroad when VF being able to use my phone without any extra charges etc, leave the data roaming turned on (won't be going anywhere anytime soon but for the future!!)

Would the 14.99 40gb plan be the safe bet? I use 20-30gb a month but can reduce it if I just turn on Wi-Fi at home and work. What's the Internet speeds around Dublin /Meath? Would I have access to 3Plus as they are a parent company? This vs Gomo? Any other niggles or advice? Just waiting on an unlock code from VF and keeping the options open... Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

Got the 48 sim today. Must say porting and customer care are Excellent vs GoMo. But does anyone now have LTE in place of 4G in their phones display?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

What's the main reason people would change from Gomo to 48 right now?

Joziburg wrote: »
    Got the 48 sim today. Must say porting and customer care are Excellent vs GoMo. But does anyone now have LTE in place of 4G in their phones display?

I have LTE on mine but speed seemed ok so I am not overly concerned.

What's the main reason people would change from Gomo to 48 right now?

I changed to 48 rather than Gomo for a few reasons.

1. 48 is Prepay so you have control over how much money comes out of your card.

2. I have read some terrible reviews about Gomo charging people much more than the €9.99/€12.99 they advertise.

3. I read that 48's customer service was better than Gomo's. Again, they seem to get some pretty bad reviews.

I really hope I will not regret changing to 48. Time will tell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

Do I just request the port via 48 or do I need to contact 3 and close my account/cancel my direct debit?

• Advertisement

Needs Must wrote: »
    Do I just request the port via 48 or do I need to contact 3 and close my account/cancel my direct debit?

You request the port via 48 when you register the sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

been with 48 since the start

I'd say the happiest experience i've had with any service provider

have never raised the price, in I suppose 6 years, but have improved the product incrementally

customer service has been excellent, moved multiple people onto it

10 euros a month for at least 6 years, you can't be overcharged, so no roaming data issues, premium text issues etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

been with 48 since the start

I'd say the happiest experience i've had with any service provider

have never raised the price, in I suppose 6 years, but have improved the product incrementally

customer service has been excellent, moved multiple people onto it

10 euros a month for at least 6 years, you can't be overcharged, so no roaming data issues, premium text issues etc

What's the signal like, are you using it in city or rural area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

rizzee wrote: »
    What's the signal like, are you using it in city or rural area?

Signal is fine, In the Dublin area but also down the country on a regular basis.

Signal is hard to quantify as for any carrier it can be good in one spot bad in another

The Country especially is just a lottery of tower location.

I get exactly the same speeds etc as on 3 sim, for what that's worth

Two weeks waiting for a sim (ordered on the 24th) so have decided to re-order. Presume others are in the same boat also.

Two weeks waiting for a sim (ordered on the 24th) so have decided to re-order. Presume others are in the same boat also.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »

Same story here, reordered on Tuesday. Will hopefully get something next week.

Same story here, reordered on Tuesday. Will hopefully get something next week.

I reordered last Friday, received the sim on Wednesday. I now received another email today saying my sim has been dispatched! The first one I received must have been the initial order!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »

2 weeks gone today and has not arrived,had to give money to Vodafone today as my bundle was up...Nit sure should I reorder...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

2 weeks gone today and has not arrived,had to give money to Vodafone today as my bundle was up...Nit sure should I reorder...

I ordered the sim on the 3/5/20 got the dispatch email today.

Advertisement