Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I have recently switched to ps4

• 25-07-2020 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So I just got a ps4 a month or two ago (Switching from being an Xbox gamer most of my life) and I have really only played free to play cross platform games and battlefront 2. I just got spider man and horizon zero dawn but haven’t started them yet. I am only allowed to play up to T rated games. Any suggestions for games? Also if you guys have a cool theme you could share that would be nice. I am looking for one of those. Thanks! And I’ll try to respond to all of your comments.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Really depends on the kind of games you like to play :)

some good deals at the moment in the summer sale but to be honest, if you have horizon and spiderman waiting to go, I'd start with them.

Regarding themes, I've yet to find anyone recommend one I like more than the PS1 nostalgia one, but that's because I'm old :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

Uncharted: Nathan drake collection is rated t, it's a great third person puzzle shooter adventure game. I would recommend watching a YouTube story film for first game due to older play mechanic feel and jump in at the second game. I did a bit more googling and while it's t rated its on the edge so if your folks are watching it may be like nope

20 euro atm https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP9000-CUSA02344_00-UNCHARTEDTRILOGY if you do get it, have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Get yourself Ratchet and Clank, excellent game and perfectly suited, and a Sony exclusive. If you've seen the R&C film from 2016, you basically play that film.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

You're in for a treat.

My favourite theme is the Tetris Effect one. Most other themes annoy me after a while because background animations and stuff tend to make the text and important stuff less readable, but that theme gets the balance right, and has exceptional music to go along with it too.

Some exclusive game recommendations:
    Yakuza 0 is just pure fun, and if you like it there's a whole bunch of sequels and spin offs to jump into
    Persona 6 is the best JRPG in years
    Gran Turismo Sport is a really solid racing game
    Metal Gear Solid V is a great tactical stealth game with lots of emergent gameplay mechanics
    Then there's a bunch of AAA blockbuster games like Uncharted, Spiderman, God of War, that you really can't go wrong with

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

Welcome to the club!
    You got yourself 2 great ones to start with.

Here is my recomandetion (T rate condition):
    Knack 1 and 2 (2 has an awsome couch coop)
    Final Fantasy VII Remake
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Infamous Second Son
    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (not exclusive but great for local coop as above)

God of War (18+) and Persona 5 Royal (M-ature) are must but not in T cat.

Anyway you will have a blast!

• Advertisement
Advertisement