Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Juice Detox Delivered

• 17-02-2020 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi everyone,
    Just wondering has anyone got stuff from this company?they do detox juices.
    I ordered from them twice never got my order so asked for refunds both times.
    Ordered again the middle of January still waiting on my order after numerous reasons for the delay.
    Has anyone had similar dealings with them or is it just me?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod note: Moved from Food forum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've never heard of them, but just FYI, a "detox" juice doesn't exist. The only things that can successfully "detox" your body are your liver and kidneys. I'd recommend requesting another refund and considering it a win that the products never arrived, tbh.

Also, just curious about why you ordered from them a third time despite two bad experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pinky07

Ordered a third time as they had a good offer, emailed and told them what had happened previously and they assured me that this wouldn’t happen.....definitely won’t be ordering again!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭emeo

pinky07 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Just wondering has anyone got stuff from this company?they do detox juices.
    I ordered from them twice never got my order so asked for refunds both times.
    Ordered again the middle of January still waiting on my order after numerous reasons for the delay.
    Has anyone had similar dealings with them or is it just me?
    Thanks

Yes, have the exact same experience, being fobbed off with regard to a refund, and payment was requested via bank transfer, which reeks of dodgy anyway,

avoid at all costs, scam artists

• Registered Users Posts: 13,982 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Ordered a third time as they had a good offer, emailed and told them what had happened previously and they assured me that this wouldn’t happen.....definitely won’t be ordering again!

I’m just amazed you ordered a third time when goods were not delivered the previous two.

• Advertisement

Did you get refunded for the previous two?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 unam

emeo wrote: »
    Did you get refunded for the previous two?

I have had very sane experience, ordered 6th July been emailing back and forth with every excuse under the son. Went to message them this morning and they have blocked me.. Scamming f***ers

Just got an email to say they have ceased trading overnight

I was ringing them to let them know I was taking them to the small claims court
    They had sent me a phony online banking screenshot of my Refund last week

Are they actually for real. Their website is still operating. I wonder would they still take money even though they have "ceased trading"

• Advertisement

Chancers

"It’s with a heavy heart I have to inform you that due to ongoing issues with our supply chain and the failure of timely payments from our retail trade customers brought on by Covid-19.

As of midnight last night.
    Juice Detox Delivered Ireland has ceased trading with the direct loss of 4 jobs.
    Hers the email:

Not to worry your refund will be honoured by the company but we ask you to bare with us at this tough time you will receive a cheque for the full amount to your delivery address on file within the next 45 days.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If you wish to update your delivery address for the refund cheque please reply with your full name, updated address and eircode.
    (This is an unmanned email address)"

Chancers

"It’s with a heavy heart I have to inform you that due to ongoing issues with our supply chain and the failure of timely payments from our retail trade customers brought on by Covid-19.

Juice Detox Delivered Ireland has ceased trading with the direct loss of 4 jobs.
    Hers the email:

Not to worry your refund will be honoured by the company but we ask you to bare with us at this tough time you will receive a cheque for the full amount to your delivery address on file within the next 45 days.

If you wish to update your delivery address for the refund cheque please reply with your full name, updated address and eircode.

Funny how not all customers received this heartbreaking email to let us know what had happened. Hope you get your refund but I wouldn't hold my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Goodhabits

Chancers

Hers the email:

I have had the same experience. I have been told so many times that they have transferred my refund but I never received my money. I think the fact that the website is still live and they have told a number of customers that they have transferred their refunds when they haven't is a huge issue. Anytime I questioned the fact the refund hadn't been made I was made feel like I was the one who didn't understand how a bank transfer worked.

Its the phony screenshot that got me

Goodhabits wrote: »
    I have had the same experience. I have been told so many times that they have transferred my refund but I never received my money. I think the fact that the website is still live and they have told a number of customers that they have transferred their refunds when they haven't is a huge issue. Anytime I questioned the fact the refund hadn't been made I was made feel like I was the one who didn't understand how a bank transfer worked.

Wonder is there anything that can be done, where would you report it to. I couldn't care less about the money it's the principle, like how many people have the taken money from

unam wrote: »
    Wonder is there anything that can be done, where would you report it to. I couldn't care less about the money it's the principle, like how many people have the taken money from

I paid by bank transfer, so Id say the Guards is the best option

The company is called Matvera Central Limited and has several trading names eg Juice Detox Delivered and Greenb Box Food Vendors. Only Juice Detox Delivered has closed, all the other businesses are still operating(have verified this by email). As we paid the bank transfer to the Matvera Central Limited account I see no reason why we have to wait 45 days for the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I paid by bank transfer, so Id say the Guards is the best option

Gardai will say it's a civil matter.

However the doctoring of a document is fraud, so the screenshot of the "refund" is one angle

Business address is
    UNIT 8 EASTLINK BUSINESS PARK BALLYSIMON ROAD Limerick

Main guy is Jeffrey treacy.

Also ran Gasta Foods (closed)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

Same experience here. Ordered end of June. Juices never came. I requested a refund and kept being told the transfer was “stuck”. Also got a screenshot of a revolut transfer that never came.

I actually applied to the small claims court but they rejected it saying it is considered a breach of contract. I’m wondering now how many people these scumbags scammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

Hi emeo, did you have any luck with your small claims application?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I'd send an email and tell them that a refund must be in your account by Thursday (transfers take no more than a day) or you will be passing the forged refund screenshot to gardai in Limerick.

If the refund does not appear, make a complaint of fraud to the gardai.

Remember, the company is still trading and doctoring a financial document is something gardai will investigate.

If you have the bank details, you could also send a copy of doctored document to the bank and ask them why the refund has not arrived. :)

I received my refund today - I hope everyone has received their refunds too!
    I have literally been on to them everyday - I didn't receive a screen shot of a transfer but was told on numerous occasions that they had transferred the money when they hadn't.

Advertisement