Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Delivery Restrictions to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Suckit wrote: »
    But not Ireland.. :pac:
    to small of a market compared to any other countries, and logistically its to expensive compared to mainland.
    Thou agree way to many items are beginning to be not delivered to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,878 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

mad muffin wrote: »
    Everyone should fire off a man email to jeff@amazon.com and tell him of your displeasure.

I did the other day. Got a reply back from his executive customer relations.

Wow, what a complete fecking non-response.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Wow, what a complete fecking non-response.

Yeah. I didn’t expect much but if more people complain something might be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

mad muffin wrote: »
    Yeah. I didn’t expect much but if more people complain something might be done.

I got a £25 credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

It's getting harder to get stuff delivered to Ireland. Dvd's, Cd's, down to even some books. it's ridiculous. It's all well and good using PW or PM if the NI address isn't restricted either, but then you're fcuked when amazon split the order into 2 or 3 different shipments and you're caught paying PW and PM multiple times for one order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Had to use PM to get a fire stick delivered as they won’t ship to the south, what’s that all about?

Discodog wrote: »
    I got a £25 credit.

:eek::mad::(

I’d really like to know wtf is going on?

Amazon won’t deliver this deal of the day

Anker Bluetooth Headphones, SoundBuds Slim+ Wireless Headphones, Bluetooth 4.1 Lightweight Stereo Earbuds with Customizable Accessories, Sports Headset with Metallic Housing & Built-in Mic (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0756T7R5T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_zoqnCbF4PQYTG

But they are more than happy to deliver this more expensive updated model :rolleyes:

Anker Wireless Headphones Soundcore Spirit Pro, with Dual EQ, 10 Hour Playtime, SweatGuard Technology, Hi-Fi Sound, Built-In Mic, Bluetooth Headphones for Sports, Workout, and Gym https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BMV5T2N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_RtqnCbSYNR0R9

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Anker may be having some sort of promo, so you may want to keep an eye out on amazon Germany or elsewhere for those. I find sometimes that some brands have deals across amazon, and it could end up working out the same price delivered from Germany as from the UK with free delivery.
    These were on sale earlier for €20 - https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0734SV14J
    As was this powerbank (€29) These earbuds (€32) and maybe many others.

Here’s another one

Apple Watch Stand, BEACOO Charging stand Dock Station AirPods Stand Charging Docks Holder, Support Apple Watch NightStand Mode and iPhone X/7/7plus/SE/5s/6S/PLUS with Various Case (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077CZL5FB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dernCb90E356P

Black no. Other colours yes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

how.gareth wrote: »
    Had to use PM to get a fire stick delivered as they won’t ship to the south, what’s that all about?

It isn’t intended for the Irish market, although it does work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I've been experiencing the exact same issue, with simple items like CDs and BluRays. All of them sold directly by Amazon, but won't ship to Ireland.

I ended up buying a CD from a 3rd party seller instead (including shipping) and complained that my Prime membership (for free shipping) was pointless if I couldn't buy the items from them directly. Amazon apologised, said it was a fault on their end and then gave me £10 credit on my account.

But I am still having this issue more than ever now and it seems to have no reason behind it. And Amazon make it very very difficult to contact them to complain unless its about a specific order you have already made.

At least I'm not the only one experiencing this. It is hugely frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I've been experiencing the exact same issue, with simple items like CDs and BluRays. All of them sold directly by Amazon, but won't ship to Ireland.

I ended up buying a CD from a 3rd party seller instead (including shipping) and complained that my Prime membership (for free shipping) was pointless if I couldn't buy the items from them directly. Amazon apologised, said it was a fault on their end and then gave me £10 credit on my account.

But I am still having this issue more than ever now and it seems to have no reason behind it. And Amazon make it very very difficult to contact them to complain unless its about a specific order you have already made.

At least I'm not the only one experiencing this. It is hugely frustrating!

The distribution of CD, BlueRays etc still is a lot like a mob. Amazon probably got distribution rights only for UK with other entity having rights for Ireland. Smaller sellers don't really care, but amazon does.

There are other 'features' - like a 15mm spanner won't be shipped to Ireland, while same spanner in both 14mm and 16mm sizes would. 2.5ml of cooling paste will not be sent, while same paste in 10ml tube - no problem.

grogi wrote: »
    The distribution of CD, BlueRays etc still is a lot like a mob. Amazon probably got distribution rights only for UK with other entity having rights for Ireland. Smaller sellers don't really care, but amazon does.

There are other 'features' - like a 15mm spanner won't be shipped to Ireland, while same spanner in both 14mm and 16mm sizes would. 2.5ml of cooling paste will not be sent, while same paste in 10ml tube - no problem.

But this seems to be only a recent problem as far as things like CDs go. I've been buying CDs from Amazon for years and never before has there been an issue when they are sold directly from Amazon. Its like something changed a few months ago and now its pot luck as to what will and won't ship here.

Has anyone else had any luck with Amazon on this front? I've been in contact with them quite a few times (instant messages, emails and eventually phone calls), but they just keep talking around in circles and can never give me an explanation as to why stuff like certain CDs or certain blu-rays can't be shipped here. The most they seem to be able to do is offer me credit off my next purchase, but that still doesn't solve the issue going forward......

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I've tried but the support people basically just dont know why a particular item cannot be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Has anyone else had any luck with Amazon on this front? I've been in contact with them quite a few times (instant messages, emails and eventually phone calls), but they just keep talking around in circles and can never give me an explanation as to why stuff like certain CDs or certain blu-rays can't be shipped here. The most they seem to be able to do is offer me credit off my next purchase, but that still doesn't solve the issue going forward......

Forget about it.

There is absolutely nothing CS can do apart from generously offering gift cards and discounts if you run into trouble with the item your have purchased.

Another bit of mistery - why those bad boys won't be shipped?!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-85125-Hexagon-Screwdriver-Holding/dp/B01LZET0XV
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-571493-Screwdriver-Bit-Holder/dp/B000LFTSIO

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Was trying to order a 20,000mAh power bank from Amazon yesterday, but no luck delivering here or to NI, UK mainland only apparently. I know there are restrictions on sending these things by air, but surely they can travel by road/ferry? I mean, they sell the things in the shops here so they must get here somehow.

Ended up buying from komplett.ie in the end, being del;vered from the Netherlands by DHL. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Anker asked me to give feedback on my recent purchases so I gave it to them both barrels that I had originally wanted to buy the cheaper earphones and but Amazon wouldn't deliver them to Ireland, only the more expensive ones.

"We are sorry to know of the issue with your order. Please note your order was placed and fulfilled directly by Amazon (FBA), which means Amazon is solely responsible for shipping and delivery. We will strengthen the communication with Amazon. Hope they could help us ship products to Ireland in the future".

That last bit of bad grammar is theirs, not mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

I've just noticed this recently and it's very frustrating. They really don't give two figs about their Irish customers.

Also, the free delivery seems very slow now. In the past your order would be dispatched in one or two days, and you'd get it a couple of days later via An Post. But I have an order in since last week for several items that are supposedly in stock, and nothing's happened with it. I guess they are trying to persuade us to pay for Prime, but with so many delivery restrictions, what's the point?

• Advertisement

I think it's something to do with amazon UK seller settings. For example, sellers on amazon UK cannot choose Ireland, they have to choose all of Europe.
    There was something mentioned on another forum, and then resulting in shipping prices too.
    You may sometimes find that something will not ship to Ireland from amazon UK, but the same seller will from Spain or Germany.
    Apparently some sellers are annoyed about it.
    But that doesn't quite explain stuff that is fulfilled by amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

It's the stuff that's sold and dispatched by Amazon that's the issue. But the stuff that's sold by third party sellers and fulfilled by Amazon shouldn't be affected either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

What I have noticed is that I can find a bargain on Amazon then order and delivery to Ireland is OK. I then go back if I find the item really is decent to get the URL to recommend it or buy another myself and find that its no longer available to Ireland.

What seems to be the case is that when third party sellers who use Amazons fulfillment service see how much its costing to sell to Ireland they just stop doing it.

my3cents wrote: »
    What seems to be the case is that when third party sellers who use Amazons fulfillment service see how much its costing to sell to Ireland they just stop doing it.
    I don't think that's it. It's got something to do with amazon policies. The sellers are clomplaining too. They would often include the price of shipping in the price anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Suckit wrote: »
    I don't think that's it. It's got something to do with amazon policies. The sellers are clomplaining too. They would often include the price of shipping in the price anyway.

I do, its happened far to often to be anything else. How can a company possibly include the price of shipping to Ireland when they are selling on Amazon.co.uk primarily to UK customers.

When margins are low with Amazon taking a cut it seems obvious that the additional costs of sending to Ireland may influence if sellers want to bother with our small market.

They don't have a choice to sell to just Ireland. They have to select all of Europe to sell outside UK. Many of the sellers may be International sellers anyway and also list on UK.
    https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/external/help-page.html?itemID=201074400&language=en_GB&ref=efph_201074400_bred_G201411300
    https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/external/help.html?itemID=G201411300

Many sellers have Ireland as a target market and are being scuppered by this. It is affecting them too.

It may also be something to do with the German Tax Certificate (must be completed by March 2019). If a seller wants to sell to/in Germany they must have a German Tax Cert as of Jan 1st 2019.
    Amazon UK does not allow you to choose selected Countries outside of the UK to sell to. They must choose 'all of Europe'.
    some sellers have other amazon region accounts.
    Small packages in UK must use Royal Mail too (not sure what amazon policy on enforcing that for sellers is). As many will be going through the UK it would probably include those. It seems like an absolute cluster f**k at the minute. Probably best to use amazon Germany and buy multiple products to keep shipping charges down.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

my3cents wrote: »
    What I have noticed is that I can find a bargain on Amazon then order and delivery to Ireland is OK. I then go back if I find the item really is decent to get the URL to recommend it or buy another myself and find that its no longer available to Ireland.

that may be part of the problem but there are also issues with items sold by amazon themselves that they no longer ship to ireland. And i'm talking about stuff like CDs and DVDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

And i'm talking about stuff like CDs and DVDs.

Yes looking at 2 CD's same artist, same record label, one ships one doesn't :confused:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭corkie

Just so you are aware, amazon.co.uk have started to lift restrictions on products now, but some lightening deals still are being refused delivery to Ireland.

Last month I could not order this product direct to Ireland, had to use address pal. Has a battery, change to the white version and it won't ship.

In other news (sorry about source, other option was thesun!):-

COLOR="Red"]JOE.IE[/COLOR An Post is set to launch a service like Parcel Motel in Ireland

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Had an interesting once recently.

I ordered a book and 2 cd's on the 10th of February & a week later the book and 1 CD arrived.
    When I checked the order, the 2nd CD was not part of the order anymore & had disappeared completely.
    I thought I was losing it and checked back through my emails and I had ordered 2 CD's.
    When I looked up the CD, it now has "does not ship to Ireland" but it didn't have when I ordered it. .
    I contacted Customer Service & they couldn't give me a reason why it happened but I'm guessing it somehow changed while the order was been processed and was automatically removed.

Advertisement