Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Delivery Restrictions to Ireland

Options
  • 22-10-2018 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭

Just me or have amazon uk started to restrict deliveries of items such as music CDs to Republic of Ireland?

Haven't come across this before but was ordering 4 CD items for someone in the family & none of the items are deliverable to RoI. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Just me or have amazon uk started to restrict deliveries of items such as music CDs to Republic of Ireland?

Haven't come across this before but was ordering 4 CD items for someone in the family & none of the items are deliverable to RoI. :confused:

Have ye tried PM or addresspal?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

...but was ordering 4 CD items for someone in the family & none of the items are deliverable to RoI. :confused:

It was probably a third party vendor selling through Amazon UK. A lot of the smaller sellers will not deliver to ROI, some of them won't even deliver to NI (UK 'mainland' only).

See if you can find the same goods marked as 'fulfilled by Amazon' and you should be able to get them delivered to ROI but before you do, check if the original vendor you found will deliver to NI and consider using Parcelmotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

coylemj wrote: »
    It was probably a third party vendor selling through Amazon UK. A lot of the smaller sellers will not deliver to ROI, some of them won't even deliver to NI (UK 'mainland' only).

See if you can find the same goods marked as 'fulfilled by Amazon' and you should be able to get them delivered to ROI but before you do, check if the original vendor you found will deliver to NI and consider using Parcelmotel.

nah, double checked to make sure they were coming from amazon directly. That's why I find it highly unusual.

Guess I'll have to use PM....

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Noticed the same with a couple of Blurays I was going to order, Infinity War and Black Panther being the two in question. Both have "This item does not ship to Ireland" on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

It's getting ridiculous at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Would they ship to Ireland if you were a Prime member?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Would they ship to Ireland if you were a Prime member?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

NeoRox wrote: »
    Noticed the same with a couple of Blurays I was going to order, Infinity War and Black Panther being the two in question. Both have "This item does not ship to Ireland" on them.

Its a real pain. I have asked their customer support why they ship some but not others but they dont have an answer.

Its a real pain. I have asked their customer support why they ship some but not others but they dont have an answer.

It'll be even worse after 31st March next.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I once couldn't get 4g of termal paste to ROI. They did not have any issue shipping the bundle of two of them - 2x4g... :D

There might be cases of actual restrictions - but some of them are a result of someone once clicking 'only UK'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

put a link to a couple of them up and someone might have a way around it.

Seems they're not shipping many books to Ireland either for some strange reason...

Seems they're not shipping many books to Ireland either for some strange reason...
    you were asking "just me?" but still giving no links. There could be something odd going on, do you return much stuff? I think people can be blacklisted for returning a lot, but I think they let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I have noticed it over the last month. No longer honouring the fulfilled by amazon for a LOT of items.

The sooner they set up here properly, the better.

STB. wrote: »
    I have noticed it over the last month.

Links?

Anybody????!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

rubadub wrote: »
    Links?

Anybody????!

Links to what ? Items I couldn't buy as they wouldn't deliver to Ireland despite the fulfilled by Amazon. .

I'm not recreating that for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Tried to buy this CD along with a few other things yesterday, no problem with the others (books and Lego for the kids) but they wouldn't ship the CD!

Adding Parcel Motel fee onto the price makes it uneconomic, I saw it a while back in Tower Records for a tenner so I'll just buy it there.

"In stock.
    Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.
    This item does not ship to Ireland. Learn more"

Fecking ridiculous.

Life ain't always empty.

Tried to buy this CD along with a few other things yesterday, no problem with the others (books and Lego for the kids) but they wouldn't ship the CD!
    my guess would be something to do with that free mp3 it comes with. Though I see others with it are OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

my guess would be something to do with that free mp3 it comes with. Though I see others with it are OK.

Makes no sense. The CD on amazon.co.uk CD (£5.99 incl Autorip mp3) is marked "does not ship to France - Mainland" but on amazon.fr the same product (incl mp3) is available for 6.99€

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nearly all major label albums have that, and the mp3 version is just not available in ROI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I bought this item a few months ago, but now it's unable to be delivered to Ireland. It's in the Pet Supplies category, which ships to Ireland according to the delivery restrictions page. I didn't get anywhere with customer support.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

i had this happen with compressed air used to clean PCs with, smth happened mid year that they went hard on the rules and couldnt get same 4star air can ordered to ire, i know ebay implemented no guns knives etc policy which was total stupidity i needed exacto knives bought few jap made quality stuff for work, decided needed spare blades no go :pac::cool: so if your buying item that has no words like blade knife its fine you can get kit, buy it separately and no you cant, some pi$$ take on rules being implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

I contacted their Helpdesk about a few CD's that said Dispatched from and sold by Amazon but wouldn't ship to Ireland.
    They advised the items were sold by another vendor through amazon & it was the other vendor who wouldn't ship to Ireland.

What's even more frustrating is the amount of items that are
    "Exclusively for Prime Members"

I've been try to buy Radioheads The King of Limbs CD for a month now and its
    still "Exclusively for Prime Members"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Had a really odd one there recently - a Berlitz travel guide was unavailable for shipping here. A paper one, no digital content, no audio, nothing interesting. Annoyingly an obscure one that isn't available in any Dublin bookshops and the alternate options for the same location are antique (2007!)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

scamalert wrote: »
    i had this happen with compressed air used to clean PCs with, smth happened mid year that they went hard on the rules and couldnt get same 4star air can ordered to ire

That stuff isn't actually air though, it's flammable gas so classified as hazardous material, the rules on shipping it by air may have changed.

L1011 wrote: »
    Had a really odd one there recently - a Berlitz travel guide was unavailable for shipping here. A paper one, no digital content, no audio, nothing interesting. Annoyingly an obscure one that isn't available in any Dublin bookshops and the alternate options for the same location are antique (2007!)

I think some UK sellers just aren't interested in figuring out how to ship outside the UK, even when it's fulfilled by Amazon they can't be arsed working out the shipping rates.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

^ well agree its flammable, but if going by an post you cant import almost most of the stuff ex: cosmetics not sure is it gel or smth , rules are rules but some are plain stupid, ex exacto knive blades you cant buy them separately but its fine in a kit, alcohol as well most order bottle or so, not entire brewery and doubt that some whiskey would be considered flammable as you'd have 100 times easier getting paper on fire then trying to lit up 40%c alcohol.

I think some UK sellers just aren't interested in figuring out how to ship outside the UK, even when it's fulfilled by Amazon they can't be arsed working out the shipping rates.

This wasn't even FBA, it was sold by Amazon!
    scamalert wrote: »
    ^ well agree its flammable, but if going by an post you cant import almost most of the stuff ex: cosmetics not sure is it gel or smth , rules are rules but some are plain stupid, ex exacto knive blades you cant buy them separately but its fine in a kit, alcohol as well most order bottle or so, not entire brewery and doubt that some whiskey would be considered flammable as you'd have 100 times easier getting paper on fire then trying to lit up 40%c alcohol.

Alcohol is because Amazon do not have an Irish duty licence nor do they want one - they would be no cheaper than Irish retailers if actually paying Irish duty.

EU cross border selling doesn't apply to items with excise duty, tax in the recipients country and the rules of that country in regards to handling must be obeyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

I'm coming across this quite a lot lately with CD's, also. It's incredibly annoying.

Doesn't ship.

Same artist here from the same series of remasters...

Ships.

Doesn't ship.

Purchased this speaker previously delivered direct to Ireland.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0109TWZ54/

Went to order the same again but nope, whatever new secret rule they have introduced applies to this too.

• Advertisement

These were deliverable to Ireland yesterday. Refreshed the page today and now they're not.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Headphones-Lightweight-Sweatproof-Travelling-Black/dp/B01N6DC2ZE

WTF are they at.

Advertisement