Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Appliances Delivered.ie - any experiences - this one is not good

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

worded wrote: »
    Is this a Dennis OBrian owned Company ?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭worded

Nice one ! > So buy and sell sold for 28 Million in 2007. 28 big ones.

Dooh .... 3 years later .... > Buy & Sell had to cease trading on March 31st 2014. The reason released being "The ongoing market shift from print to online has been a major factor in this outcome".

In the same year, Buy & Sell was sold to Demirca Ltd, a subsidiary of Denis O'Brians for a disclosed amount.

> Word on the street is that the domain was eventually swapped for an 80s Soda Stream. See image attached.

www.donedeal.ie If I recall correctly their sales are 3% of GDP in Irleand re McWilliams. Buy and sell really didnt evolve.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buy%26Sell

BuyandSell.ie is an Irish owned online marketplace. It began as a magazine which has been owned by a number of non-Irish based businesses, including Loot, a UK-based magazine and Associated Newspapers who sold Buy & Sell to the current owners in 2007.[1]

B&S Ltd, the last owner of the Buy & Sell magazine was beneficially owned, by Boundary Capital plc, an Irish venture capital company, who acquired the company from Associated Newspapers for €28,000,000 in 2007.[citation needed]

Buy & Sell went through Examinership and Receivership in late 2009, and the assets of the business were sold to a company representing Nelson Loane, the former head of the publicly quoted Adare printing group, and his family.[2]

The new owners were to have said they planned to retain the current workforce of 55 with potential for new job creation in the online business. Unfortunately this business model did not work and Buy & Sell had to cease trading on March 31st 2014. The reason released being "The ongoing market shift from print to online has been a major factor in this outcome".[3]

In the same year, Buy & Sell was sold to Demirca Ltd, a subsidiary of Denis O'Brians for a disclosed amount.[citation needed]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

Is Boards.ie the new Liveline - definitely worth seeing people's experiences seeing as they are taking over the radio world with those annoying ads...jaysus you would think that butter wouildn't melt :rolleyes:

Plenty of other choices out there, I don't think I'll darken their website ther way they seem to look for ways to NOT help THEIR customers ... now how long before we them on the Liveline ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Delacent

worded wrote: »
    In the same year, Buy & Sell was sold to Demirca Ltd, a subsidiary of Denis O'Brians for a disclosed amount.

Well that explains how it is advertised with the most annoying adverts possible on Newstalk and Today fm 24/7

The second one of their adverts come on, I switch station.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,113 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Buy & Sell was bought for €311k in 2014. Midland Web Printing Ltd claimed they were owed €90k from the owners who went in to liquidation and claimed it already had an agreement in place to acquire 'Buy and Sell' and told the court it wants to complete that agreement.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/liquidator-seeks-sale-of-buy-and-sell-to-demirca-30209231.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,113 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I see that Newstalk, Today FM and 98FM all have Appliancesdelivered.ie in the strapline of their websites.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I see that Newstalk, Today FM and 98FM all have Appliancesdelivered.ie in the strapline of their websites.

Shared ownership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Ah nuts. Was just about to order from this crowd (oven) and then saw this thread when I googled them. Have they improved at all? Anyone use them recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Ah nuts. Was just about to order from this crowd (oven) and then saw this thread when I googled them. Have they improved at all? Anyone use them recently?

First anniversary of this thread. Personally I'll give them a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dermotx

I ought a microwave oven from them in Aug 2019. It has a two year warranty. It stopped working so I rang the company in England daewooelectronics.co.uk ,that appears on the appliancesdeliverd web site. They have also gone into liquidation.

Anybody got any idea of how I can pursue this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

manufacturer warranty would seem to be the way to go.

http://www.daewoowarrantyregistration.com/contact/

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dermotx

Thanks for that. I'll give them a try. I'm not too hopeful because the warranty process says that it doesn't apply to microwaves. I've emailed them anyway. I'll let you know how I get on.

My only experience with appliancesdelivered.ie was when I bought a microwave from them. I live in an apartment and don't drive so the whole "and we'll take away your old appliance for free" was what sold me on using them.

A couple of days later the microwave arrived via courier. The courier knew nothing about taking away the old appliance. I contacted appliances direct and they said the removal of the old appliances didn't apply to 'small items'.

In my mind a microwave oven is not a small appliance. Especially when the only waste disposal facility near me is 10 minutes on the luas followed by a 10 minute walk. Not easy with a microwave under your arm.

I won't be using them again.

You'd find it rather hard to; they went under last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

My only experience with appliancesdelivered.ie was when I bought a microwave from them. I live in an apartment and don't drive so the whole "and we'll take away your old appliance for free" was what sold me on using them.

A couple of days later the microwave arrived via courier. The courier knew nothing about taking away the old appliance. I contacted appliances direct and they said the removal of the old appliances didn't apply to 'small items'.

In my mind a microwave oven is not a small appliance. Especially when the only waste disposal facility near me is 10 minutes on the luas followed by a 10 minute walk. Not easy with a microwave under your arm.

No , you won't ...
    They ceased trading ,last year ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

L1011 wrote: »

I'm really not surprised.

They must have gotten very little repeat custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,921 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

L1011 wrote: »

That what I thought :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement