Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

All Bethesda games on game pass from when is the question? Ea Play, Bethesda, Microsoft, and I am gonna call it now Uplay also at launch.

Im unfamilar with Bethesda.... who are they and what games would that bring to Game Pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im unfamilar with Bethesda.... who are they and what games would that bring to Game Pass?

They're a Maryland publisher most known for their rpg games, but have diversified in the last decade or so setting up new studios and acquiring ID. Their games include:

Doom, Wolfenstein, Skyrim, Dishonored, Prey, RAGE, Fallout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

All Bethesda games on game pass from when is the question? Ea Play, Bethesda, Microsoft, and I am gonna call it now Uplay also at launch.

Uplay+ whatever their own subscription is called. I can see it making its way either in time for Chrimbo or in the new year. If MS do get it on the Gamepass would be a big coup; all the FIFA/Battlefield/StarWars/NFS games, all the Elder Scrolls/Fallout/Doom games and then all the Assassins Creed/Watch Dogs/Tom Clancy/Anno on PC/FarCry/Division games alongside MS's own offerings and whatever 3rd parties are also on there.

Would make Gamepass go from one of the best gaming deals going to...I cant even think what.....vital? Essential?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Well Pre Order with Gamestop is done, would like on launch but not gonna moan if delayed to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Uplay+ whatever their own subscription is called. I can see it making its way either in time for Chrimbo or in the new year. If MS do get it on the Gamepass would be a big coup; all the FIFA/Battlefield/StarWars/NFS games, all the Elder Scrolls/Fallout/Doom games and then all the Assassins Creed/Watch Dogs/Tom Clancy/Anno on PC/FarCry/Division games alongside MS's own offerings and whatever 3rd parties are also on there.

Would make Gamepass go from one of the best gaming deals going to...I cant even think what.....vital? Essential?

yet you'll still have all the playstation heads say they aren't interested in any of the games made by those companies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Anyone know why the Series S isn't shipping to Ireland on Amazon UK?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08GD9MNZB

CBA with a parcelmotel as that'll take even longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

They are prioritizing UK orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Use DPD, theyre fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Use DPD, theyre fast!

Last time I used DPD ParcelWizard, my €800 PC graphics card got lost for two weeks up north, and when it finally arrived it looked like it had sat in a puddle for a week. :eek:

Got an order in on the Irish Microsoft store no problem.

Problem with Amazon via parcel motel etc is returning items. I tried to return some PC gear recently and my only options were to bring the items to a UK\NI drop off outlet with no option to return by post.

Call me old fashioned, but I'll always pay a premium to be able to walk into a shop and hand stuff back there and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Problem with Amazon via parcel motel etc is returning items. I tried to return some PC gear recently and my only options were to bring the items to a UK\NI drop off outlet with no option to return by post.

Whilst not ideal. You can return orders to Amazon via N.I by choosing return option on parcel motel. They'll drop it off at Royal Mail or Collect+ or various others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

The Microsoft is buying Sega rumours have reared their heads yet again.
    A few of the 'insiders' on twitter are saying there are more big announcements to come. Take that with a large pinch of salt. But if you'd told me in the morning yesterday that Microsoft were buying Bethesda, I would have laughed at you.. so anything is possible.

https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/1308408556178284544?s=20

Konami? Have they done anything of note other than Metal gear and Pro Evo in recent years?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,009 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Konami? Have they done anything of note other than Metal gear and Pro Evo in recent years?

Konami haven't, no.

But what I think would be of interest is the IP rather than their devs.

Could MS find dev studios to do something interesting with:

Metal Gear, Castlevania or Silent Hill
    Could they do something with Zone of Enders? Or even stuff like Contra, Gradius.

Konami have a bunch of IPs that could be of interest.

If MS want to entice the Eastern audience, which they have failed to do, getting Konami (or Sega) would be big boosts.

Would love to see MS do something like Tetris 99 with Bomberman or ChuChuRocket.

Nope. Even the metal gear (survive) was awful. I'd say there'll be some 'Sega games in gamepass' announcement/deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

fifth wrote: »
    Nope. Even the metal gear (survive) was awful. I'd say there'll be some 'Sega games in gamepass' announcement/deal.

Ubisoft games into game pass would be a dream. They all reduce down to 20 bucks after 2 months anyways.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

This doesn't really affect me at all, but the Xbox beta app got an update that now allows you to download any game to your console, even if you don't own it. This means that you can pre-load a game before you get your disk copy of it.

Not really all that useful if, like me, you're all digital anyway, but even so, it's nice to set them will out features that are useful.

CatInABox wrote: »
    This doesn't really affect me at all, but the Xbox beta app got an update that now allows you to download any game to your console, even if you don't own it. This means that you can pre-load a game before you get your disk copy of it.

Not really all that useful if, like me, you're all digital anyway, but even so, it's nice to set them will out features that are useful.

That is useful to me, my connection isn't the greatest so if I could start downloading in advance of my disc arriving would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I've been wanting that feature for about 7 years now :D

They didn't ship the PS5 to Ireland either.

I tried to find out why but there was no explanation. With the PS5 I thought it might be the lithium battery in the controller but that's presumably not the case since Xbox comes with alkalines by default.

They have not been shipping a lot of things here lately.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

When I bought a PS4 off amazon 2 or 3 years ago I had to use parcel motel too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

why don't you just buy the series s of smythstoy they still have them available.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    When I bought a PS4 off amazon 2 or 3 years ago I had to use parcel motel too I think.
    Well you can buy a PS4 off them right now, no bother shipping here. Same with Xbox One. So there can't be anything that is inherently stopping them (lithium regs etc).

I think we're just a very low priority for them, when they created the listings for the new consoles they couldn't be bothered selling them to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I think we're just a very low priority for them, when they created the listings for the new consoles they couldn't be bothered selling them to us.

I am surprised they aren't selling to Ireland, as they are opening warehouses here this year due to Brexit. They must surely nearly have those ready to go.

wes wrote: »
    I am surprised they aren't selling to Ireland, as they are opening warehouses here this year due to Brexit. They must surely nearly have those ready to go.
    Maybe they're not even aware of it.

The problem is they're such a behemoth there is no easy way of getting in touch with a person and having an ordinary conversation about it, 'are you aware that you're not shipping to Ireland and is there any reason?' It's next to impossible, you just get cut & paste replies from people in India.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Isn't it all to do with the WEEE charge in Ireland?

It annoys me on Amazon how they don't ship a lot to Ireland and also that we're bunched in with UK and have to pay in sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Maybe they're not even aware of it.

The problem is they're such a behemoth there is no easy way of getting in touch with a person and having an ordinary conversation about it, 'are you aware that you're not shipping to Ireland and is there any reason?' It's next to impossible, you just get cut & paste replies from people in India.

I wouldn't agree with that. I've used their chat services plenty of times and got through no problem and had problems resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Believe a massive Warehosue in rathcoole beside where i work is for Amazon. At the moment it is just a shell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Believe a massive Warehosue in rathcoole beside where i work is for Amazon. At the moment it is just a shell

I guess they haven't finished setting them up. Hopefully in future we won't have this problem.

• Advertisement

They didn't ship the PS5 to Ireland either.

I tried to find out why but there was no explanation. With the PS5 I thought it might be the lithium battery in the controller but that's presumably not the case since Xbox comes with alkalines by default.

They have not been shipping a lot of things here lately.

If it was batteries they wouldn't ship to NI either, so its not that.

Anyone order through the EU sites? Im finding myself using Amazon.de more and more these days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement