Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 04581466

Nice mix of opinions there - cheers to you all. I'm even more intrigued to play it now, and I'm glad it sounds like it can be completed in one sitting - my TLOU2 playthrough took me 36 hours! (That was in part due to my overly cautious approach)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

God damn you My Time at Portia. Stupid addictive game...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Picked up battlefield 1 today, anyone know if there's much numbers playing online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Playing Bioshock, think the collection of them were on ps plus a few months ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 LillyLin

now i am playing APEX (yeah its free) recently i comleted ghost of tsushima and the last of us 2
    I also started to play death stranding, but so far I can’t say whether I’ll go through or not
    didn't like this game too much

• Advertisement

Picked up Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order today after months of putting it off due to backlog and stuff. really looking forward to playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

Been in a bit of a funk game wise, started playing tlou2 again but frustrated cos I played it 1.5 times first time round due to usb save mess up. Ended up playing from just before the usb save mess up so I'll have finished it twice just a bit arseways. Really enjoyable, less tense but great characters

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just finished ace combat 7. That was stupid amounts of fun. Certain I'd get my ass handed to me in multiplayer so happy to quit after the campaign, but highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Was starting to get into Tony Hawk's but not getting a huge amount of time with it. Greatly enjoyed it so far anyway. As with a lot of these remakes, it's the game I remember with the visuals I remember (what do you mean it didn't always look like that?). Have been cheesing high score targets by finding pool lips or similar and just double-tapping trick buttons, then doing the same with a manual. Need to get into a proper flow with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Luap wrote: »
    Fall Guys, free on the store - fecking great craic!

Late to this but it was free for a limited period I take it? It's 20 quid now from what I can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was free for PS Plus members

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Im chopping and changing quite a bit

Finished the last of us 2, then started playing res evil 5 with the missus.

Finished Spyro 1 now cant get ibto Spyro 2. Got PS now and finished WWE 2k19 story mode, thinking of playing red dead one, barely played that when released.

All the while i have an unopened Ghost of Tushima game on my locker, a downloaded witcher game and incharted series.

I think since I finished Arthur story in Red Dead 2 , i just have not been able to get into another game since. Everything feels so restricted after playing something so detailed and open

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was free for PS Plus members

Have a PS Plus sub but guess that the offer was limited?

Was one of the monthly games for August

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

Playing FF7R. Got it around release during the height of lockdown but never really got into it. I've picked it back up today after ~4 months and same old story. Real let down for me as I adored the original when I was growing up, and I also really enjoyed FF15.

Crash Bandicoot 4.

The level designers did not f*ck around. Trying to go for all boxes is a nightmare, the bonus stages and flashback levels were designed by Satan, and some of the new mask mechanics can be tricky as f*ck.

So yeah, I'm enjoying the hell out of the game. Tough as balls, but still a lot of fun, some great environments, and the mask power bits are designed well and don't make things too easy like some of the power-ups in Crash 3.

I would say my only actual complaints would be some of the levels are too long and I would have preferred more shorter levels instead, especially since it means there can be so many boxes/fruit to collect that it's going to be torturous getting to the end of a level and realising you missed some. That goes double for the levels where you play as one of the other characters for half a level, then have to play the other half of a level you already played as Crash but now with different box configurations and more nitro/tnt. The camera can also be a hinderance, particularly making a jump where the camera might swing around slightly to follow the path of the course. I also really wish they hadn't bothered with the fire crates. They're not enough of a challenge to make things difficult, but they can just stall you if they're positioned on a platform you need to jump to. They're just an annoyance.

Got Wolfenstien, the new order last week. Got around to play it the weekend, really fun game, really enjoying it so far

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I got Outer Wilds considering the game received huge praise. I'm playing at the moment and I really want to like it but I'm struggling at the moment and not wanting to go back to it. It's definitely an interesting game and I like the way the story is slowly developing but I find the looping mechanic annoying. As an exploration game, I would like to take my time with it but you don't get that option.

I saw that it takes between 20 - 30hrs to finish it too which is a lot of time if I'm not fully enjoying it. I'll give it another couple of hours and then I may just have to use a guide to get through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Playing the Order 1886, picked it up at some stage on sale.
    its good, i was expecting to blast through it, but i've found a couple challenging parts in it, aiming and overpowered enemies.

Graphically it holds up. But I suspect Im not too far away from the end, so i can see why €60 would have hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I started Nier Automata last friday. It's good, sort of retro arcade feel when you're using the flight units which is good. Like the story so far, it can be a bit repetitive, so might crank the difficulty down to just enjoy the story. Music is the best part, it's quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

coolisin wrote: »
    Playing the Order 1886, picked it up at some stage on sale.
    its good, i was expecting to blast through it, but i've found a couple challenging parts in it, aiming and overpowered enemies.

Graphically it holds up. But I suspect Im not too far away from the end, so i can see why €60 would have hurt.

I really enjoyed that game. The world and story was amazing. Let down with terrible "boss" encounters.
    Would love if they handed the IP to some other development house cos i'd love a sequel.

No Man's Sky. It's fun to play with a buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

Borderlands 2, it's nice as a game for dipping in and out of! I've ordered streets of rage 4 because always loved the series and can sell to cex for basically cost price. I'm looking over backlog/ps now to play some titles until cyberpunk/xiii is released

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Wreckfest. Fantastic no nonsense, arcade style fun. Great to pick up n play. For myself after playing a few fairly intense story games, this is great antidote. Strong feelings of Destruction Derby from old PS, great humour as well, from driving sofas to putting a massive hotdog on your car, just because you can!

This is a driving game where it's way more enjoyable being amongst the middle pack or even spun out so you can smash into the others, than up in front, this game is such a blast!

Somehow managed to pull myself away from My Time at Portia. Picked up Borderlands 3 after a review I read where they said they got offended, instant buy for me then. How can someone get offended by Borderlands?! Something to do with a throw away line including a clothes hangar. Anyway, much the same as the previous ones really. Still has a terrible system for storing/comparing guns, and the menu lag is fairly bad, constant slow downs when the inventory starts getting full (i'm only at 28 items, can't imagine what it'll be like at full capacity).

Also having more blasts of Dead Cells recently too, got a second wind for it. I'm able to get to the Hand on 1BC but he destroys me every time. Not sure what to do really, but I'll keep trying for another while. I think the game demands too much of an understanding of all mechanics and what goes with what, etc as there's a vast amount of weapons/mutagens and combinations thereof.

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Wreckfest. Fantastic no nonsense, arcade style fun. Great to pick up n play. For myself after playing a few fairly intense story games, this is great antidote. Strong feelings of Destruction Derby from old PS, great humour as well, from driving sofas to putting a massive hotdog on your car, just because you can!

This is a driving game where it's way more enjoyable being amongst the middle pack or even spun out so you can smash into the others, than up in front, this game is such a blast!

That sounds great actually, must look into that, i really loved destruction derby and driven to destruction on the PS1/PS2

bmorrissey wrote: »
    That sounds great actually, must look into that, i really loved destruction derby and driven to destruction on the PS1/PS2

I said it the day I first played it, it is the spiritual successor to DD. Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

JimBurnley wrote: »

It's missing local 2 player though. But yeah, fun game. Couches are impossible to drive

Penn wrote: »
    Crash Bandicoot 4.

The level designers did not f*ck around. Trying to go for all boxes is a nightmare, the bonus stages and flashback levels were designed by Satan, and some of the new mask mechanics can be tricky as f*ck.

So yeah, I'm enjoying the hell out of the game. Tough as balls, but still a lot of fun, some great environments, and the mask power bits are designed well and don't make things too easy like some of the power-ups in Crash 3.

I would say my only actual complaints would be some of the levels are too long and I would have preferred more shorter levels instead, especially since it means there can be so many boxes/fruit to collect that it's going to be torturous getting to the end of a level and realising you missed some. That goes double for the levels where you play as one of the other characters for half a level, then have to play the other half of a level you already played as Crash but now with different box configurations and more nitro/tnt. The camera can also be a hinderance, particularly making a jump where the camera might swing around slightly to follow the path of the course. I also really wish they hadn't bothered with the fire crates. They're not enough of a challenge to make things difficult, but they can just stall you if they're positioned on a platform you need to jump to. They're just an annoyance.

Beat the game last night. Have to say, kinda disappointed. Some of the level design is awful and infuriating, and the amount of gems really makes me hesitant to go for 100+%. Levels are too long which stifles replayability, and there's just something persistently off with the camera and movement which affects perspective and throws off jumps. I don't know how many times I died in a Cortex level where even though I was running forward in a straight area using the D-pad, Cortex would still go slightly askew.

The mask powers can be used well, but are also put into extremely unforgiving sections later in the game. The last main level before the boss fight is just atrocious because of it.

I loved going through the N-Sane trilogy games as quickly as possible getting all gems, crystals, relics. But as challenging and oftentimes unfair as those games could be (not to mention the bullsh*t levels in Warped), I really don't think this will be anywhere near as fun to try and complete fully.

The game does have some great level design in parts and it does feel like classic Crash, and the abilities of the other characters mixes things up a lot, but too many parts of the game are godawful. Nearly every level in the second half of the game has a part that can make you want to stop playing.

• Advertisement

Asura's Wrath. Who doesn't like playing as an angry god?

Advertisement