Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate €1 upgrade

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Decided to give this a bash for a year since I just got the xbox and been a PSX head most of my gaming days. But have to say, very impressed with the library

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭circadian

Got myself a little phone dock for my controller. Interesting playing on a phone, definitely still in beta but some things play well, Forza being the biggest surprise. I found Halo very difficult to play on my screen, might be better on a larger phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Is this still available or is there a deadline on the offer?

I used the €1 upgrade some time ago and enjoyed game pass, but currently out of any sort of subscription at the minute. Thinking of getting a 6/12 month subscription and trying the upgrade for 12.99 as I find I use the Xbox more over Autumn/Winter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭ondafly

-=al=- wrote: »
    Is this still available or is there a deadline on the offer?

I used the €1 upgrade some time ago and enjoyed game pass, but currently out of any sort of subscription at the minute. Thinking of getting a 6/12 month subscription and trying the upgrade for 12.99 as I find I use the Xbox more over Autumn/Winter

so I had previously "upgraded" for €1 - this recently expired. I stacked 3 xbox live 12 month subs, and then was charged 12.99 to convert to Ultimate. So I'm good now until Sept/2023

Was going to just try it with a month subscription and see if I get the upgrade option for 12.99 as I’ve previously used the €1 upgrade. I’m just not sure if it’s still available

If it all works out, I’ll probably try and stack a longer sub with a Brazilian code and a vpn before upgrading

Edit: It is indeed still available! I chanced getting a 12 month Brazil gold subscription added it to the account, had a few error messages trying to upgrade to ultimate online in the browser, region/address issues... tried a few jiggery pokery workarounds with no joy, tried to upgrade on the xbox and same issues... then finally managed to get the upgrade for 12.99 on the app on my phone that worked without the errors. A bit fiddley but worked in the end and got a year of ultimate for about €3 quid a month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Anyone get the “ You currently have a subscription from a different region ” error when trying to upgrade to Ultimate? Anyway around it?

Edit: Just saw -=al=- response above. Will try that now!

That didnt work, if I pick up a 1 month Ultimate sub from Instant Gaming for €10. Can I redeem it and get the upgrade without the region error?

I'm not sure, but it's a similar work around I was considering while having the issues. Maybe some googling might help resolve it. Worst case I guess you could get onto customer support and try and resolve it. I've no idea why it worked on the app and not the a browser/xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Can't get this to work for me. When I click the Upgrade for €1 on the screen it brings me to the next page which says it's €12.99 per month. Is it because I had Ultimate for a month last month and it stopped today? Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

Probably. If you vailed of the €1 offer upgrade in the past it won't work again for €1. It's a one-off of 12.99 instead. Still decent, if it works that is

@branners69 Did you get it to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

-=al=- wrote: »
    @branners69 Did you get it to work?

I got the 1 Month Ultimate from Instant Gaming and it worked. The 14 day trial might work if you are a new subscriber. It also added the month on so am good until October 2021.

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/4993-buy-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-1-month/

• Advertisement

Good to know if a similar offer comes out in future there’s a backup option

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

To anyone having issues read the last few pages of this thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057711728

• Registered Users Posts: 39 InDarkWoods

So, I have an extra 12-month subscription code from Eneba.com ... I bought 3, but wasn't able to activate the last one as there's a limit on how many you can stack. I bought them for €30 each, but if someone here wants to buy it for €20, I'll happily trade. It's no good to me now since I already upgraded to Ultimate, so the code is fresh and valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭melikebanana

So, I have an extra 12-month subscription code from Eneba.com ... I bought 3, but wasn't able to activate the last one as there's a limit on how many you can stack. I bought them for €30 each, but if someone here wants to buy it for €20, I'll happily trade. It's no good to me now since I already upgraded to Ultimate, so the code is fresh and valid.
    Is this for a subscription to Xbox ultimate? Do you know if it works for game pass for pc? If yes I would take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Something similar happened to me with a code I bought from cdkeys and I was able to get a refund from them. I don’t know if eneba do refunds but could be something to try.

I actually tried, but they said since I viewed the code, they can't refund it. I even provided screenshots from Microsoft showing that it wasn't accepted. So I'm just gonna sell it for €10 cheaper and make some of my money back if anyone actually wants it.

Is this for a subscription to Xbox ultimate? Do you know if it works for game pass for pc? If yes I would take it.

This is: https://www.eneba.com/xbox-xbox-live-gold-12-months-xbox-live-key-brazil

I bought 3, with the intention of stacking them and then converting to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for €1.

I was only able to activate 2 of them; I can provide screenshots of the error message for the last code.

When I added them, I thought I made a mistake because it's not Game Pass, it's Xbox Gold ... and I don't have an Xbox.

Happily, I was still able to convert them on the Xbox PC app to Ultimate, and now I'm set until 2023.

So, it actually worked for me and should work for you if you're intending to do the same.

How would you like to trade (Revolut + WhatsApp? PayPal?)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

The xbox app was trying to redeem my code on the UK store. I had to change it to Ireland in the xbox app language and region settings before I could use game pass ultimate codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭melikebanana

This is: https://www.eneba.com/xbox-xbox-live-gold-12-months-xbox-live-key-brazil

I bought 3, with the intention of stacking them and then converting to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for €1.

I was only able to activate 2 of them; I can provide screenshots of the error message for the last code.

When I added them, I thought I made a mistake because it's not Game Pass, it's Xbox Gold ... and I don't have an Xbox.

Happily, I was still able to convert them on the Xbox PC app to Ultimate, and now I'm set until 2023.

So, it actually worked for me and should work for you if you're intending to do the same.

How would you like to trade (Revolut + WhatsApp? PayPal?)

Ok I'll give it a go. I assume I need a Brazil VPN. PM me your email address for PayPal and I'll send 20 over for it.

Advertisement