Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Widex accessories

• 22-09-2020 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've widex over the ear hearing aids for both ears.

I'm finding phone calls impossible if I'm honest.

Has anyone tried the accessories that link to your mobile via Bluetooth.

Or how do you get around phone conversations?

I also notice that they have a microphone you can use for personal conversations that also feeds straight into the hearing aid.

For TV I just use subtitles, you get used to it fairly quickly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I tried out a fancy Phonak hearing aid with bluetooth option. It was fun as there was a microphone for your speech in the hearing aid so worked well. In the end I did not keep it as the phone I have was not compatible with their app. So I was not able to use the extra features of same.

I have good hearing in other ear and I could have an ordinary bluetooth earpiece in that ear if I could be bothered but I get few mobile phone calls. The other handy thing was I could listen to podcasts from phone in hearing aid. For the TV there was an extra device to be purchased (expensive) to broadcast sound direct to a hearing aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I've widex over the ear hearing aids for both ears.
    What model? Does it have loop/t-coil in it, or bluetooth? If the former, perhaps get a phone that has t-coil tech? I don't think after the iPhone5 has t-coil.

There are also active t-coil loops that fit around your neck, and you connect your phones headphone jack to them. I knew someone that wore one, and they swore by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah it's just the T coil.

I'm due an upgrade on them as I have them 4 yrs.

I suppose I'm just wondering what other people use and if they find the accessories worth it.

Yeah it's just the T coil.

I'm due an upgrade on them as I have them 4 yrs.

I suppose I'm just wondering what other people use and if they find the accessories worth it.
    Pop into DeafTech Chime just north a bit of O'Connell St. I found Deaftech had the gadgets for hearing aids, and thus I'd say Chime will do similar.

I picked up a passive (t-coil) neck loop from them, which is fairly good, but would go for a power neck loop if I went for similar again.

In saying that, neck loop would do for the likes of watching TV by yourself (I have a Widex Menu 5).

Go a set of ear hooks from somewhere else, but they broke. They were able to go next to the hearing aid, so did provide good clarity. As you have OTE hearing aids, these may be beneficial to you.

Brilliant thanks for the tips :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

https://www.blackberryhearing.com/product/call-dex-copy/

Not tried it but there is also a wired version (maybe even cheaper options as I did look at this but never pulled the plug on buying it)

Myself I use a Aftershokz wired pair of headphones (so good I have ordered a bluetooth version)

Can be picked up at Elverys of all places for Amazon beating money (if you ask nicely or if you have Three Plus you can get 15% off)

lowelife wrote: »
    https://www.blackberryhearing.com/product/call-dex-copy/

Not tried it but there is also a wired version (maybe even cheaper options as I did look at this but never pulled the plug on buying it)
    https://global.widex.com/en/hearing-aids/hearing-aid-accessories/com-dex states that these are for hearing aids with bluetooth.

the_syco wrote: »
    https://global.widex.com/en/hearing-aids/hearing-aid-accessories/com-dex states that these are for hearing aids with bluetooth.

Nope....

Stream high-quality sound from any Bluetooth device to your Widex hearing aid

And considering it was launched about 2016 it not earlier I would put money that its compatible for pretty much any widex hearing aid around then or after.

Nope....

Stream high-quality sound from any Bluetooth device to your Widex hearing aid

And considering it was launched about 2016 it not earlier I would put money that its compatible for pretty much any widex hearing aid around then or after.
    T-DEX lists that it's for t-coil. The COM-DEX can, via the app, can control the hearing aid volume, etc. Which is something that you can do with bluetooth hearing aids, but not with t-coil hearing aids.

the_syco wrote: »

Yeah they are the ones I was looking at.

I've taken abit of a sabbatical from work at the moment, but I will need to go back (unfortunately) while phones would make a small part of the role it is hard going (my manager kindly suggested I get a cochlear implant to help). The mic also looks very good, nice and discreet.

• Advertisement

Took me a while to find it due to it being a older model.
    My aids Widex from 2016 Widex 440.
    Not bluetooth but connect with the comdex devices I menioned.

https://www.connecthearing.ie/hearing-aid-widex-unique-440

Took me a while to find it due to it being a older model.
    My aids Widex from 2016 Widex 440.
    Not bluetooth but connect with the comdex devices I menioned.

https://www.connecthearing.ie/hearing-aid-widex-unique-440

I'm not sure of the model number off hand, but they are from 2016 also. I'll definitely be having a proper chat the next time I'm in the shop. He was saying a new model was due to be launched in August, that he thought would suit me, not sure if covid has impacted that. (it was precovid the last time I was in)

Yeah they are the ones I was looking at.

I've taken abit of a sabbatical from work at the moment, but I will need to go back (unfortunately) while phones would make a small part of the role it is hard going (my manager kindly suggested I get a cochlear implant to help). The mic also looks very good, nice and discreet.

My advice on the implant, start the process now. If going the HSE route its a long process.
    So get your doctor to refer you ASAP it could be a couple of years away

I had my MRI scan in April after my initial referal in 2018 and have a follow up appointment in November.

Advertisement