Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DHL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭galwayhooker

I just got a text from DHL this morning (a delivery that was supposed to be due yesterday- sat in all day waiting and never arrived. The text this morning says that I signed for package this morning even though I didn’t. This is the second time this has happened with a package with DHL - I got into company that used them. They never refunded me for postage though 😡😡😡I am trying to ring DHL customer care number. Know it New Year’s Day but know I will get nowhere with them like before. I have my Eircode number and even my mobile number on my address in case driver could not find my address. Just fuming that this is after happening again especially when package is very expensive. Is there any where I can go to complain about this? I see another package that am expecting coming from Germany (put order in over 2 weeks ago) is coming with DHL 😩 Link for tracking package not working so emailed them back . Will have to ring company in Germany tomorrow. This is why I hate the shops being shut in in lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I just got a text from DHL this morning (a delivery that was supposed to be due yesterday- sat in all day waiting and never arrived. The text this morning says that I signed for package this morning even though I didn’t. This is the second time this has happened with a package with DHL - I got into company that used them. They never refunded me for postage though 😡😡😡I am trying to ring DHL customer care number. Know it New Year’s Day but know I will get nowhere with them like before. I have my Eircode number and even my mobile number on my address in case driver could not find my address. Just fuming that this is after happening again especially when package is very expensive. Is there any where I can go to complain about this? I see another package that am expecting coming from Germany (put order in over 2 weeks ago) is coming with DHL 😩 Link for tracking package not working so emailed them back . Will have to ring company in Germany tomorrow. This is why I hate the shops being shut in in lockdown.

Is it possible a neighbour took it in for you?

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Is it possible a neighbour took it in for you?

Def not. The few times over there years there was any mix they would ring me - we live in a rural are. I gave my Eircode which would bring the courier straight to our house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Anyone else not receiving tracking updates from DHL? Ordered something from the UK on December 21st, expected there would be delays so didnt follow up on the package, checked the tracking yesterday with DHL and all it says is that the parcel was received by DHL at 10am on December 21st and no other updates.
    Am I to assume they lost it?

• Site Banned Posts: 113 ✭✭Dunfyy

Dhl wanted me to collect a package from them in refused they kept it for 5 extra days
    I emailed the company that sent it
    It was delivered in an hour at 12 at night

• Advertisement

Update - a neighbour who was away for Christmas came in my package - was sopping wet. Driver just threw it into her garden even though as I keep saying I have my eircode plus mobile specifically in case. This is not acceptable. Also I sent an email to a company I was due a page ages ago coming from Germany. Sender told me they used DHL and package was returned to them - they don’t why as my eircode and mobile was provided. They asked me to provide an alternative address but I have asked for a refund. As I said really believe this is not acceptable especially when expensive deliveries are involved. I have also learned if I wish to order online I now have to ask what courier company will be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 doomshine

Anyone else not receiving tracking updates from DHL? Ordered something from the UK on December 21st, expected there would be delays so didnt follow up on the package, checked the tracking yesterday with DHL and all it says is that the parcel was received by DHL at 10am on December 21st and no other updates.
    I'm in the same boat, last tracking message on 19/12 saying the package left Germany. Nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

09a0caafc609b7e35b89d47002898188.png

Anyone have this before? Been waiting a few days now of it being stuck in Shannon with that message.

Anyone have this before? Been waiting a few days now of it being stuck in Shannon with that message.

Didnt think restrictions would effect deliveries like this? Wasnt like this in any of the previous lockdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

It would be best to call them.

Might have something to do with where it came from originally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

that's too long, my last update was the 22nd, supposed to get it on the the 24th. Mod - <SNIP> Leave out the allegations please.
    I got an update this morning after sending quite a few, telling me that searches turned up nothing and to ask for a refund from the buyer. What a great christmas.

BatMaths wrote: »
    that's too long, my last update was the 22nd, supposed to get it on the the 24th. Mod - <SNIP> Leave out the allegations please.
    I got an update this morning after sending quite a few, telling me that searches turned up nothing and to ask for a refund from the buyer. What a great christmas.

You would wonder what happens to all of these 'lost' packages. MOD - <SNIP> Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Came from the UK. Will be calling them though yeah, I tried setting it to just having a non-signature delivery which apparently meant trying to deliver today but nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

Are there huge delays with DHL in the UK? I ordered something on the 28th and it was shipped on the 30th, DHL scan says that a shipment label was generated but nothing received. I ordered from what I thought was an Irish website (.ie) but it's coming from the UK. I hope I haven't burned myself with VAT/Customs. I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew it was coming from the UK :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

aoife1991 wrote: »
    Are there huge delays with DHL in the UK? I ordered something on the 28th and it was shipped on the 30th, DHL scan says that a shipment label was generated but nothing received. I ordered from what I thought was an Irish website (.ie) but it's coming from the UK. I hope I haven't burned myself with VAT/Customs. I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew it was coming from the UK :(

There seem to be delays. Received an order recently from them. The only issue was the retailer did not put the eircode on the package. DHL had to ring for it. Have you your eircode added in? The order was put through the same date as yours but only arrived yesterday from the uk. It should arrive this week though or at least by the end of the week. They say 5-7 working days aprox for most things but with brexit and covid and after Christmas could be 10-14 days. Have you a link to track it?

You ordered before brexit so I say you don't have to pay the new vat/customs cost. If under 22 euro I think you been ok but if over 22e you may need to pay vat/customs but some uk retailers include the vat with the price of the product you need to take note when ordering. I know with amazon they include the vat/custom duty with the order. At the moment depending on the website and retailer the reduced Irish/EU vat should still apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

I can confirm what OP is saying, I'm having massive issues at the moment with DHL. Bought a PC part from Germany, sent with DHL.
    Spent over 100 euro on phone credit calling Germany and DHL over the past 2 weeks.
    Basically, DHL tracking says it was delivered to the UK.
    I rang and got the electronic voice thing which said if my tracking number has letters and numbers to enter only numbers. Did that and it asked to confirm if my postcode was correct. The postcode it called out was a UK one. Said it was to get through to the rep who then told me that it says it was delivered with different address and name on it so can't give me any info due to data protection.

I looked up the postcode they said and its some Flue Supplies place in the UK. Rang them who said didn't get any parcels. They did say there is a DHL express across the road from them. The plot thickens, if it did go to that DHL Express, why is the post code different?
    I found a way to enter the postcode when tracking on the website for more info and it shows me a picture that looks like its at a warehouse on the back of a truck and can see a DHL truck in the background.

Contacted the seller in Germany who said DHL said they lost it but found it and said it with me before Christmas. Never came.
    I contacted DHL via their contact form online 3 times.
    1) DHL told me that An Post delivered my package on 18th December (An Post don't even have tracking available for it)
    2) DHL told me An Post are not accepting any more packages due to high demand and they will give me new tracking soon. Never got it
    3) DHL told me that they are sorry but they don't know anything about the package and to contact my seller.

Seller isn't answering phones now, assuming they are flat out busy with calls probably from people like me.
    I understand that the post system is ****ed at the moment, but DHLs responses and uselessness with providing information to their other DHL carriers is pathetic.
    I'm 100 down and still don't know where my package is.

Mod- <Snip> Don’t cross post, please.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Send an email to the sender and tell them you have enough of a run around with their freight forwarder, and that if its not refunded within 2 days you will initiate a chargeback with your bank, or Paypal.

Yeah thats what I plan on doing, however I am worried that they will just get DHL to send it back to them if I threaten a charge back, but I do still want the item.
    Also I would be worried how long a charge back would take to process as I initiated one in September for something and still haven't heard back.

Also just checked the tracking on the sellers website and it says "There was no delivery for the consignment ordered via EDI data. The shipment data was therefore canceled."
    This isn't showing on DHL tracking though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I wonder was the original waybill used for a delivery to the UK.....

;)
    whiterebel wrote: »
    I wonder was the original waybill used for a delivery to the UK.....

What would that mean? When I contacted DHL Ireland they told me the tracking number I was given is an AnPost tracking number. So I don't know why it even went to the UK in the first place unless thats what DHL normally do, send to the UK first and then to Ireland

No, they normally truck it directly to Ireland and hand it over to An Post for the last leg delivery. The worst I have seen was taking about 12-14 days from Cologne to delivered. If you put the DHL tracking number into DHL.com. What does it say?

Yeah that is why I found it weird originally because I saw it went to the UK.
    Heres what I see.
    When I ring DHL they say they can't see the last 2 bits of info, the ones on 28th and 29th. It's so weird I can see it here but they can't on their system.

https://imgur.com/a/Hse6weh

Mod-moved to the DHL thread, as I believe its a DHL problem, not An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

whiterebel wrote: »
    No, they normally truck it directly to Ireland and hand it over to An Post for the last leg delivery. The worst I have seen was taking about 12-14 days from Cologne to delivered. If you put the DHL tracking number into DHL.com. What does it say?

DHL have their own planes aswell but it did state docklands in the uk when tracking for the package initially but as far as I am aware it flew from two airports within the UK and flew onto to Shannon. DHL have a base there for the munster region so was trucked to my location.

So I got an email back from the supplier in Germany.
    Your case is undr investigation since the 18th of december.
    But without any answer form the carrier till today.

This is unfortunately normal, because they have a large
    numbers of inquirys in the moment.
    You are a "Co-Victim" of the christmas delivery ban , because
    this collapse their costumer support.

They will come back to you, will prove and send you some
    papers to fillout. You have to confirm, that the parcel is not
    in your hands,
    This will later go to the insurance and will proceed.

We really regret this stiuation.

So DHL basically lied to me after December 18th, or the support had no idea there was an investigation to tell me on the phone?
    I still want my item or I'm down 100 quid in phone bills. Not sure if DHL will find it or what way it works.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

How are DHL doing with deliveries from the U.K.?

Ordered something Wednesday and arrived the next day, was actually very suprised.

I got a plot twist in my situation.
    The place I traced my 'delivered' package to in the UK, who I rang before Christmas and told me they will get back to me if they see the package, called me yesterday. Said one of their IT guys saw the package there.
    Told UPS and the Seller who still insist on waiting for an investigation.
    I hired UPS to collect the package and deliver it to me.
    Going to try get some money back on the delivery + time spent calling everybody.
    Very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

Friend of mine placed an order with a UK website, order value was €90, shipping with DHL (because DPD have stopped shipping for the moment) was €26. Additional fees requested by DHL €47.50! Payment Deferment Risk fee of €14.50, VAT €22.80 and Multiline clearance (C1) fee of €10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭anonanymore

What happens to the item if one refuses to fees? Will it be sent back?

Advertisement