Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS5 thread 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

in no particular order

Switch, 3ds, Series X, ps3 (backlog). I am waiting patiently for my ps5 to fulfil its potential it's there for sure which Astro has shown but Sonys own practices ( less easy gameshare, overpriced digital, difficult access to foreign markets, no real gamepass competitor) just mean it gets less usage as those named above.

I cant see anything coming up on the console that will make me turn it on sadly, well nothing that I cant get cheaper ( sometimes free) on the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I wouldn't say that. Experiencing the intro and rain in Returnal is something you won't get on other consoles. R&C makes full use of the DualSense features. GT7 on the DS is nearly better than a wheel. No loading to speak of.

I'm the opposite though, I've the XSX and it hasn't been turned on in 2 weeks, and the last time it was turned on was to check what's on it. Was about 3 weeks before then that I last played it. Don't get me wrong, GP is great value, but most games on it, if they're cross platform, I want to play them on the PS5 simply because of the DualSense.

Each to their own, but I think the XSX can't compete so they're throwing money at everything to tempt people over. I'm gonna try Trek to Yomi, and if its good I'll most likely stop and wait for the PS5 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I have a Series X with game pass and can't remember when I last turned it on, my pal has my Switch nearly a year now, I think I'm just playing more on PS5...

And I love the Dual sense also, it's a super controller, huge step up from the last one...

Dont get me wrong it has its moments as you mentioned (astrobot being the best). But they don't elevate it beyond criticism and the anti consumer practices that Sony continue to do that hampers it as the multiplatform console of choice and fairly soon will become as expected as rumble did when first introduced.

Like if we take Elden ring, it cost me less than 15 euro on the series X due to gameshare, rewards points for achievements and access to cheaper markets as an example. Sony cant touch that value sadly, its a handy console to have in the house and will for sure shine brighter in the future but its been a fairly poor opening year and half ( more than likely due to covid)

People calling a company wanting full price for their products as anti consumer, while anti competition MS is throwing money at things and giving it away for free or next to nothing in order to compete... that's the way I see it. I believe the PS5 is the far better console, and eventually all this free-ness from MS will end, they can't keep it up.

But I've had this conversation in other threads so not gonna get into it again. Its still personal choice, and if you take away the cheapness MS offer, they don't have much else imo. Haptics may become the norm, but right now you can only get it on home consoles with the PS, which elevates them above MS imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭jj880

Someone on Twitter asked Ragnarok animation director Bruno Velazquez for reassurance that the game is still on track for release in 2022, and Velazquez confirmed, "Ragnarok is coming this year."

This is why I stayed with Sony for PS5. Always loved God Of War. I have faith this will be worth the wait.

Oh yeah it's gonna be brilliant and something I am absolutely keeping my ps5 for.

But sticking to a release date hopefully won't result in a cyberpunk style mess up though I highly doubt it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Do you actually think Microsofts first party output has been anything less than disastrous? Whereas Sony has had a constant stream of great exclusives the last 2 years.

Holding out hope for Redfall and Starfield but I reckon one or both will be delayed till next year. They need Starfield to be amazing.

I think both have been very poor tbh and neither console has really put its best foot forward. Xbox only gets used for reasons stated above and gamepass output makes new games alot more accessible.

I can't think of a single game that's exclusive that's blown me away (astrobot is an exceptional demo) in the last while.

Deathloop was fine, ratchet and crank was fine. Demon's was brilliant as a remake and looked great but gameplay felt dated. I ain't played ghoatwire and sadly Gran turismo ain't my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Posted this in the plus thread but got no replies. Where's the best place to get a sub? Cdkeys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Cdkeys or Eneba, but they are usually out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

New sub or looking to extend your current sub? Think they only allow new subs at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

New sub - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭BurnUp78

Think I'll sell my PS5(for the second time) haven't turned it on in well over a month. Proper regret dropping 650 on one just for Horizon Forbidden West

• Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Is there any way you can create folders to keep your games in?

On my PS4, I had two folders, one for regular games and one for PSVR games.

It would be nice if I could do the same with the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Hmmm, I was planning on getting a PS5 at some stage. I'm hoping they bring out a smaller, simpler looking version. I've a ton of PS games I'd like to play since I've never had one.

Took 3 years for it to appear on the PS4 after release, so I'm hoping the same with this, so maybe around this time next year? They will be back hopefully, same as yourself had separate folders for Games, VR, Indie, etc. The current layout gets to me sometimes... I need it cleaner looking!

Gotham Knights trailer out soon.

Really skeptical if it's 4 player co op instead of 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I doubt it, seems like it was probably just an error on the PS Store or wherever. The fact they're showing off two characters today kinda hints that the game is still tailored to 2 player co-op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,246 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ah here, i can barely get one person to play with me let alone 3 others.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭squigglestrebor

Is it still hard to get them lads? Looks like it is! Madness

Not too impressed with the new Gotham Knights footage.

Looks like it was somehow held back by last gen even though they're ditching PS4/XB1 late into development.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,334 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Having a strange problem lately. Pretty much every time I turn my PS5 on, everything looks fine and all the online features are available, but after a minute I get disconnected and it shows as a failed connection to the internet. It always resolves itself after about 5 minutes without me doing anything, but it’s a pain in the hole.

Anyone else encounter this? It doesn’t seem to affect any other device in the house, but the difference is that the PS5 is the only one I have connected to the 5GHZ channel to maximise bandwidth.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have you tried switching the connection to the 2.4GHZ? Might be worth switching it for a few days and see if it still happens, then switching back to 5GHZ.

Haven’t tried that yet, the speeds suffers badly on that channel for some reason but there’s a lot of devices on it, to be fair. Might give that a go and see though.

Is it possible that the 5GHZ channel is suffering due to underuse? For example, if I kept one other device always on that channel to keep it active, could that make a difference do you think? I know very little about the ins and outs of how wireless internet works tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I think 5GHZ doesn't have good range in comparison, how far is your PS5 from your router

Not far at all, about 3 metres but the router’s in the hallway and there’s a door and wall in the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭jj880

Yes. Same as you. All other devices fine. I was fiddling with wifi bands but this caused issues with other devices. Ended up getting 5 tplink plugs and cabling everything: PC, PS5, android box and smart tv. Im glad I did now. Connections are better all round especially netflix on the tv as its the only 4k tv in our house.

Advertisement