Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

House in East Road, East Wall

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

I moved into East Wall within the last year and I don't regret it. I understand that East Road looks a bit run down but it's fine in terms of personal safety, you're not going to have a problem there. Also, it will probably feel a lot different once the apartments beside the railway bridge are completed. It's a great area, people watch out for each other here and I've never seen any trouble.
    Also OP is Indian. I can imagine having worked there for over a decade how that would
    go down with the indigenous knacker Irish locals.

This is a really dubious comment, there are already Indian people living here as my neighbours and they're happy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭dubrov

AngryLips wrote:
    This is a really dubious comment, there are already Indian people living here as my neighbours and they're happy here.

Apparently no one walks down Seville Place or Amiens Street during the day as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

dubrov wrote: »
    You clearly haven't been in East wall for a long time. The above is way over the top and in no way reflects the area. I don't know why people make things up.

Work there for over ten years - just because you want people to say its a paradise dosn’t mean it is. ‘ you should have a ling ard look at yourself and the posta your write - inviting someone into danger becaUse it dosn’t fit your area fantast is a dangerous persuit .

dubrov wrote: »
    Apparently no one walks down Seville Place or Amiens Street during the day as well.

Probbly something to do with the methodone centre and junkies hanging about.

Neither Kilbarrack nor Edenmore nir Donaghmede are part of Raheny. Different post codes, different school catchment areas, totallydifferent places - despite how estate agents try to boost their sales by lying about their addresses.

<Mod Snip>

I would run a mile and keep running. After a decade
    I wouldn’t even rent there M-F to save a 2 hour commute - money wouldn’t pay me to live in that environment.

Mod Note
    Your posts are borderline acceptable based on the tone and language used. You have received a warning already for your previous post. This one would have received the same only for they were both in the early hours and non mod interaction in between.

This is your final warning. And more wording along the lines of “knacker Irish Locals” which is borderline racism and “Scumbag Council Houses” and a ban will issue without further warning.

“Knocker Irish Locals” is not something that will be tolerated in this forum.
    By all means give your personal experience of an area but leave out the abusive sweeping generalizations. Particularity if you have never been in the area or lived there.

Aa repeatedly said I have worked there for over a decade and am sadly only too familiar with the crime and types living there. Why have you made
    a declaration that I have never been fhere - such rubbish - can you get a warning for
    that kind of nonsense post?

And as for the locals they are the worst problem that area has - not the bricks and mortar. I doubt someone from India might pick
    up on irony or assumptions if I describe them in disney toned phrases. Does he and his wife not deserve some honesty in the andwer - or you want the truth hidden and another Indian family to walk eyes wide shut into the kind of danger and violence that hs already seen one weekly targets for violence and crime. Or does the truth just not matter regardless of the human cost so long as no-one is hypothetically offended.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

JustAThought, keep it civil and quit the soap boxing if you wish to continue to participate in this thread.

Do not reply to this post.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just FYI, there's several huge Strategic Housing Developments that have planning permission in the area, both along East Road and East Wall road. Expect an awful lot of construction activity for the next several years, and a significant increase in population.

East Road will look a lot like this when it's finished:

HfT2Ta7.jpg

This doesn't include the development on the far side of the bridge as well. There's also a similar size development with permission on East Wall road, in the docklands innovation park. Another site that's gone in for planning is the Canavan Motors site, with a large hotel and offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I quite like Kilbarrack myself. Foxfield, which is very much in Raheny is just behind parts of it which is quite a nice area. Both Kilbarrack and Edenmore are D5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭dubrov

Work there for over ten years - just because you want people to say its a paradise dosn’t mean it is. ‘ you should have a ling ard look at yourself and the posta your write - inviting someone into danger becaUse it dosn’t fit your area fantast is a dangerous persuit .

So you don't even live there but yet seem to have and inside line on the area.

You have to be joking about Amiens Street being empty during the day. Literally thousands walk down those streets. You can get pedestrian traffic on Amiens Street.

I never said East Wall is utopia but it is no slum like you describe.

OP do your own research and check out the place. Friday/Saturday nights are a good start. You won't see anything that the previous poster was talking about during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Housebuying

Whelo79 wrote: »
    So by your logic Killiney is a **** hole because it's right beside Shankhill. Clontarf must be a proper dump, it's wedged between East Wall, Donnycarney, Kilbarrack and Edenmore.

Clontarf is surrounded by Killester, Raheny and marino. East wall is buffered by a business Park. So a moot comment.

I don't live in east wall but have had stones thrown at me cycling through regularly. I don't think it's the horrendous area that some have portrayed here but it has real disadvantages as a place to raise your family. 310K is a decent enough budget and I think the OP could find a more family safe place.

These arguments around serious wedge are ridiculous when that's a bounce seen round the county.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

I don't live in east wall but have had stones thrown at me cycling through regularly

Out of curiosity, where exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Housebuying

AngryLips wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, where exactly?

If I cycle through the houses rather than along the east wall road. I used to cycle and come out just beside Lidl. Got caught there a few time and went back to dodging the trucks on the east wall road.

I think for a young professional there are loads of bonuses and it's a great rental area but for schools? I don't think so.

Googled it - Shelmalier Rd

• Registered Users Posts: 1 robtheodre

Stay away from this area. Not safe in the nights. Search for east wall news in google and you will know why I say this.

Advertisement