Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭jeffk

Not on the box but on the price sticker underneath each product in the shop.

Must try that next time

Also look for gaps, the lidl I went too had 2 or 3 chickens left at the back

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

guyfawkes5 wrote: »
    A lot of shops are the bottom floor of a large building, underground, and so on. You are not guaranteed internet connection in a supermarket.
    The Lidl off Patrick St in Cork a case in point.

There should be no reason you'd need an internet connection as long as the vouchers you intend to use have already been activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Genghis

mac.in wrote: »
    That sounds pretty logical.

I tried opening the app turning the internet off. The app does open the loyalty card/QR code. So, I presume internet is not required for the code to be working at the till.

I'll try to using the app (I mean the card/QR code) turning off the net at the till. I'll post the update.

Would say this is all cloud-based database stuff. Logically, at some point between pressing 'activate' in the app, and scanning your QR code you must have had to have access to the internet in order to tell the cloud server which coupons are available to use next time you scan your QR code.

So I would say if you only activate a coupon on your phone while say at the till, then you scan it, if you hadn't had internet access during this time it would fail to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

I tried to sign up 4 times now but when I put the code in that I get sent via text and agree to the terms and conditions it constantly comes up with an error. Is there a way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭guyfawkes5

Will screen shots of the card and voucher do?

I know they will work with the Supervalu one.
    Yes - all the information is present in the QR code.

I would advise screenshots over photos of the screen and so on though - if you get an awkward shine or reflection on the image, it can render it useless even if it looks fine to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Tried signing up on 3 phones (not all mine), 2 had no issues but 1 I cannot type in the text areas for some strange reason (tried a few things but still no solution).

Used the codes in store too, 1 had no internet and had no issues, 1 had internet and worked similarly with no issues.

The digital receipts are fantastic, especially for electronic items.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I am new to the lidl plus app.

I have 5 off 25 activated. But I don't see the coupon anywhere in the app.
    Is the coupon linked with Lidl Plus barcode and activates when you show it to the cashier at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Is the coupon linked with Lidl Plus barcode and activates when you show it to the cashier at the end?

Yeah it just needs to be activated. Once you scan the barcode any applicable activated vouchers get applied automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

At the bottom of the screen it says Home Treats Leaflets More

Go into Treats and everything activated should list there. Then when you scan the lidl plus code, any you've activated and bought will be used and disappear from that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,501 ✭✭✭✭vectra

nialldinho wrote: »
    Yeah I did that!

Having same problem with my wife’s android.

Wonder is it a Tesco mobile issue..

I'm on Tesco mobile and registered last night.
    I did do it on wi-fi though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Tried signing up on 3 phones (not all mine), 2 had no issues but 1 I cannot type in the text areas for some strange reason (tried a few things but still no solution).

Used the codes in store too, 1 had no internet and had no issues, 1 had internet and worked similarly with no issues.

The digital receipts are fantastic, especially for electronic items.

Definitely a huge plus for the multi year guarantees. It's worth getting the app for that alone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of tracking involved but thanks for the OP. Everything we do is tracked these days so signed up anyway:D
    tscul32 wrote: »
    Thanks, just signed up there and getting half price cookies this weekend :-)

Uh...ok.....

Thanks for sharing OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Used nut pot freebie coupon and got another scratch coupon for €2 off next shop !! Well done lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Tried using the 2 euro off Wheetabix and the 5 euro off 25 euro spend in Drumcondra today and didn't work. Was told that they arent setup for it yet.. end of.
    No apology or anything.
    Bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Used the app instore - saved a total of €10 as I bought everything on the activated coupons. the only problem I had was getting the barcode scanned. Because of the covid Screens, its very difficuld to get the screen close enough to the little scanner and the guy at the till just basically took my phone and did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Was just thinking about sticking the Gomo sim I have in my 4G router into a spare mobile phone and downloading the Lidl +app onto it and getting another 5 off 25 voucher :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Was just thinking about sticking the Gomo sim I have in my 4G router into a spare mobile phone and downloading the Lidl +app onto it and getting another 5 off 25 voucher :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,080 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Why does it say the fiver off is valid for 28 days but expires in 3.
    Only signed up 3 or 4 days ago.

Screenshot-20200708-170827.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Had a notification to see the new offers in the app, nothing there though. My remaining bin bag coupon expires tomorrow so maybe then...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thargor wrote: »
    Had a notification to see the new offers in the app, nothing there though. My remaining bin bag coupon expires tomorrow so maybe then...

yeah got the same notification and was all excited to see whats half price this week but nothing there, will probably get updated tomorrow.
    Definitely a huge plus for the multi year guarantees. It's worth getting the app for that alone

Good point, I always put my receipts for electronic goods on a spike but Ive noticed the paper quality Lidl and Aldi use is so bad they fade over time, even without direct sunlight. The receipts are not designed to last the 3 years that the warranties do !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah got the same notification and was all excited to see whats half price this week but nothing there, will probably get updated tomorrow.

Good point, I always put my receipts for electronic goods on a spike but Ive noticed the paper quality Lidl and Aldi use is so bad they fade over time, even without direct sunlight. The receipts are not designed to last the 3 years that the warranties do !

I take a photo and save them to a Google drive folder. They last forever then.

Edit : for stuff with warranty obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

blade1 wrote: »

Screenshot-20200708-170827.jpg

Good catch ! Flag it to them

The new coupons are up.

There's toothpaste in there again. What's with Lidl and the toothpaste?

Also chicken, bread rolls, nut butter, granola, spring rolls, ham, rapeseed oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,501 ✭✭✭✭vectra

https://i.postimg.cc/ryhGPWF3/Screenshot-20200708-170827.jpg

I would assume that the option to use it is available for 28 days,
    Once you activate it, then it expires in 3 days from activation date.
    That make sense? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

123654789 wrote: »
    The new coupons are up.

There's toothpaste in there again. What's with Lidl and the toothpaste?

Also chicken, bread rolls, nut butter, granola, spring rolls, ham, rapeseed oil.
    Click into the coupon section instead of just looking at them on the app homescreen if you're wondering where the extra chicken/spring rolls etc mentioned here are hiding...

Was just at Lidl and asked the cashier was it 28 days or 7 for the €5 off on 25 spend.
    She said 7.
    I said why does it say 28 on the app.
    She said show me.
    I open the app and can't find 28 days anywhere. WTF????

OmegaGene wrote: »
    probably a mistake on the app but the only way to find out for sure is to ring the free phone number on the app

For a fiver I won't bother ;)

For a fiver I won't bother ;)

Careful, you might get banned from BA for words like that :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I got a €2 off now too on the scratch card part of app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭melonstar

Used the app today. Got about €8 off the full bill.
    I can't seem to activate the scratch and win on the home page of the app. Any ideas?

Advertisement