Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Still I can't wait to play it, I had it on Wii u and loved it. Put in 200 hours at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,763 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Someone talk me out of buying this. I'm never going to play multi-player locally, I've never played a game in the series before and yet my finger is hovering over the buy it now button.

No problem, it has the fewest new fighters of any Smash game, 11, half that when you take out the Echo or copycat fighters like Dark Samus, Ken, Isabelle, Richter, etc. The fewest new stages, 4. No Trophies. I don't know if other stuff like Home Run Contest is still there or Break the Targets. You did ask. ;)

sligeach wrote: »
    No problem, it has the fewest new fighters of any Smash game, 11, half that when you take out the Echo or copycat fighters like Dark Samus, Ken, Isabelle, Richter, etc. The fewest new stages, 4. No Trophies. I don't know if other stuff like Home Run Contest is still there or Break the Targets. You did ask. ;)
    sligeach, what ever happened to you my friend. Its easy to manipulate statistics to suit your agenda. The game has more fighters than any other smash before, it doesn't have as many new fight but that's just because most are already their. Stop wrecken the buzz and if you haven't yet bought a switch than your actually using then please move on and buy a ps4. I've got one of those and it ticks all the boxes for you.
    CiDeRmAn is hosting another party and I bet your name is brought up during that evening. "what's the story with that Sligeach fella" they will say. "he used to be normal, till the nx was announced" after that he was never the same.
    The conversation rambled on, "the problem is, he's got these gigantic hands and he can't hold a joycon.
    " two years later and his right eye won't stop twitching".
    "I heard he even bought a switch one time and measured the thumb stick with a micrometer just in case the official dimetions were wrong and he could use it, but it wasn't to be."
    "2 years on and hes still not the same as he used to be. He used to be an elite Mario Kart 8 player believe it or not."
    "I heard hes from Leitrim of all places?" "so they say"
    And so the stories continued the the Evening. True story.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nope, we've better things to discuss, like Castlevania SOTN being ported to Switch or which Bomberman is the best.

Details on Version 1.1 for SSBU.
    Version 1.1

Offline Gameplay

Added a Hard difficulty to Adventure mode.

Online Gameplay

Online now includes Quickplay, Battle Arenas, Spectate, and Background Matchmaking.
    Global Smash Power will now be displayed.
    Note that the above requires a Nintendo Switch Online membership.

Game Data Adjustments

The ability to receive spirit event data has been added.
    The ability to receive presents has been added.

DLC Content

The special bonus for the Fighters Pass, Xenoblade Chronicles 2's Rex's Mii Fighter costume (Swordfighter type), has been added.

Misc.

Game balance adjustments.
    Various gameplay fixes.

• Advertisement

Joker from Persona 5 will be DLC in SSBU. :|

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Joker from Persona announced as first DLC for Smash. Awesome!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bastards, that's a horrible tease. Give us p5 on switch!! In fact give us all persona games xD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Corholio wrote: »
    Joker from Persona announced as first DLC for Smash. Awesome!

That's a who!? from me. :)

I played an hour or so of this last night - it unlocked for me when I checked around 10pm. I'm still fairly crap, but it's fun. Unlocked a few characters, and played Spirit mode. I've only played handheld, but will hook it up to the dock later and use the Pro Controller.

• Advertisement

Bastards, that's a horrible tease. Give us p5 on switch!! In fact give us all persona games xD

Another disgraceful character in SSBU. I doubt we'll be seeing Persona 5 on Switch, it's a PS4 exclusive. As far as I'm concerned they've wasted the 1st out of the 5 DLC characters. Nintendo are keeping things parochial as well by picking a largely Japanese character from a Japanese company. Have I played a Persona game? Of course not, this is Cloud all over again. Nintendo and Sakurai seem to have a different opinion on what SSB means compared to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Looking forward to picking it up, just reserved a copy in Argos, €60.

I'll probably get the fighter pass at a later date once I see the rest of the characters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Getting it today. Won't get the chance to play till Monday. Disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

sligeach wrote: »
    Another disgraceful character in SSBU. I doubt we'll be seeing Persona 5 on Switch, it's a PS4 exclusive. As far as I'm concerned they've wasted the 1st out of the 5 DLC characters. Nintendo are keeping things parochial as well by picking a largely Japanese character from a Japanese company. Have I played a Persona game? Of course not, this is Cloud all over again. Nintendo and Sakurai seem to have a different opinion on what SSB means compared to me.

A bit of an overreaction there, dude. :o
    Most people seem to be delighted at the inclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Anyone preorder the special edition and get an email from Smyths yet? Just wondering if I should go in or should I wait for confirmation that it’s ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Question regarding the gamecube adapter.

I have a few old gamecube controllers I would like to use.

Has anyone had any experience with unofficial versions of the adapter that sell on ebay and amazon?

I'm thinking of getting something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B00RSXRLUE/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_63_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2YYND2N1QEHCGFDPY5TE

Has anyone had any experience with these adapters? I'm only wary because there was so much issues with unofficial chargers that I don't want to run into the same problem with the adapter.

Played an hour today and I'm impressed, the graphics are great. Sooo many stages to choose from. I've already seen the credits once and they are even fun:)

Getting it today. Won't get the chance to play till Monday. Disaster!

You do know the switch is portable right?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

iamtony wrote: »

He's getting his bionic arms installed Sunday night hey, think before you type

Anyone preorder the special edition and get an email from Smyths yet? Just wondering if I should go in or should I wait for confirmation that it’s ready.

I hate that feeling, wondering is some dope selling your copy to some ramdomer who wonders in off the street. I've went up before without the please go to the store email and they went and dug it out of the back, I'd say yours is their once the took payment last night?

• Advertisement

He's getting his bionic arms installed Sunday night hey, think before you type

It all makes sense now, technology these day eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

rejkin wrote: »
    Question regarding the gamecube adapter.

I have a few old gamecube controllers I would like to use.

Has anyone had any experience with unofficial versions of the adapter that sell on ebay and amazon?

I'm thinking of getting something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B00RSXRLUE/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_63_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2YYND2N1QEHCGFDPY5TE

Has anyone had any experience with these adapters? I'm only wary because there was so much issues with unofficial chargers that I don't want to run into the same problem with the adapter.

I have that one and used it on the Wii U for Smash and it worked great for that (and playing Gamecube games through the (hacked) Wii mode).

Haven't tried it on the Switch but I am planning to pick up this device instead for the new Smash

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JLF9PVG/?coliid=I32JJI24RSYD55&colid=ZCZSQWGGS2F3&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

So what time is the tournament this evening:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Happy Smashing all, my limited edition from Nintendo probably won't be here until Monday/Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Picking it up from Smyths on the way home this evening, and I'm on call over the weekend so have to sit in the house. Not complaining :D Tournament on Monday evening I might head to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Zero copies in my local Argos , amazing .. checked this morning too they must have ordered none

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Zero copies in my local Argos , amazing .. checked this morning too they must have ordered none

Kinda the same boat, everything Smash related (game, console bundle, deluxe bundle with GC controller) are all up for pre-order for 11th-14th. Maybe no truck delivery this week (or the Smash stuff missed the window to get shipped to certain stores).

Anyways, was heading to de big smoke tomorrow already so have a copy booked in Jervis.

Now the hunt for a 4th controller; anyone know if the Smash Pro Controller is the tweaked one with improved d-pad like the Xenoblade one? Might be too early for reviews to see, don't see much point dropping €20 extra on one over a regular Pro if not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I hate that feeling, wondering is some dope selling your copy to some ramdomer who wonders in off the street. I've went up before without the please go to the store email and they went and dug it out of the back, I'd say yours is their once the took payment last night?

Was on my way to the store after work and got a text to say it was ready anyway. :) The limited edition is huge and comes nicely presented, well worth €95 with the GameCube controller, adaptor, and steelbook.

Was on my way to the store after work and got a text to say it was ready anyway. :) The limited edition is huge and comes nicely presented, well worth €95 with the GameCube controller, adaptor, and steelbook.

I'm jealous, I paid 70 for the digital version last night, don't know what I was thinking.... Oh wait I do, I was drunk and though I'd be playing it at midnight not realising it would take 4 hours to download:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Haha.
    Sadly I'm out of the country since this morning till Sunday night. Got a mate of mine to pick up my physical copy from Smyths today that I pre-ordered. I didn't have time to get to Smyths myself. Won't see him till Monday. Hence, disaster!

Advertisement