Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Ninty Direct

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,986 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It's about time. We haven't heard from Nintendo since E3 and that was nearly 5 months ago. The last real Direct was over 7 months ago. I want to see new, proper Wii U games. I don't want to see or hear a thing about those awful games, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash or Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival. I don't want to hear about Xenoblade Chronicles X either. Though I'm very much looking forward to it, we know enough about it already. This better be good after beng silent for so long. They owe us big time. Some new footage of Zelda U would be nice as well.

Oh and Nintendo said there were games coming out for Wii U before the end of the year that haven't been announced yet. They're cutting it fine but now would be the time for information. I would think they'll be eShop only as something would have leaked and it's too close to Christmas to start printing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Mr E wrote: »
    Hope there are new games. :o

I like the message saying nothing about mobile or nx. Kind of telling us not to expect much!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

sligeach wrote: »
    It's about time. We haven't heard from Nintendo since E3 and that was nearly 5 months ago. The last real Direct was over 7 months ago. I want to see new, proper Wii U games. I don't want to see or hear a thing about those awful games, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash or Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival. I don't want to hear about Xenoblade Chronicles X either. Though I'm very much looking forward to it, we know enough about it already. This better be good after beng silent for so long. They owe us big time. Some new footage of Zelda U would be nice as well.

Oh and Nintendo said there were games coming out for Wii U before the end of the year that haven't been announced yet. They're cutting it fine but now would be the time for information. I would think they'll be eShop only as something would have leaked and it's too close to Christmas to start printing.
    Yes I really don't think they have any aces up their sleeves for Xmas I'm not expecting much at all.
    In regards to such a long break from the directs I can understand with the main host of the direct Dying an all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It will be pretty interesting to see if they make even a passing mention to the NX. I don't even think we have heard anyone from Nintendo say the word 'NX' right, like on video etc? It's just been press releases and online/press interviews they have mentioned it, could be wrong about that.

I think it might be too close to Christmas to expect anything big but the new president said there will be previously unannounced games, so will be interesting to see what those are.

Corholio wrote: »
    It will be pretty interesting to see if they make even a passing mention to the NX. I don't even think we have heard anyone from Nintendo say the word 'NX' right, like on video etc? It's just been press releases and online/press interviews they have mentioned it, could be wrong about that.

I think it might be too close to Christmas to expect anything big but the new president said there will be previously unannounced games, so will be interesting to see what those are.

"Please note that the presentation will not feature any updates on NX and mobile."

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-12-2015/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

"Please note that the presentation will not feature any updates on NX and mobile."

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-12-2015/

Ah didn't see that.

Not surprising but The Land of The Rising Sun just had it confirmed that they're having their Direct at the same time as us. It'll be hosted by Morimoto again and will focus on Wii U and 3DS titles released by the end of Spring next year.

Nintendo Direct Predictions - Discussion (November 2015)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTLUnuHSQ3Y

I agree with a lot of their predctions. They forgot about Metroid Prime: Federation Force. I think we might get Pikmin 4. I also think Zelda U may have moved to NX exclusively though they won't talk about that until E3 next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Can tonight's Direct be streamed on the Wii U itself or just from a particular website? Never been free for a live one before!

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Can tonight's Direct be streamed on the Wii U itself or just from a particular website? Never been free for a live one before!

I don't know about the other regions but the UK is Twitch only. And watching Twitch on the Wii U is a major pain in the @rse. I'll fetch the links in a bit. Why Nintendo had to do that I'll never understand. Youtube is so much easier. I'm trying not to get excited. It always ends badly.

Actually, you should be able to watch it from your Wii U here:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

Here's the Twitch link:

http://www.twitch.tv/nintendouk

• Advertisement

Yusss! Missed twilight princess on gamecube and wii, delighted with the hd remaster!

And new Zelda! Next years gonna be great!

The worst kept secret has been confirmed. I hate how amiibo are in everything though. I despise them.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Web Portal for SMM?? Why not put that in the flippin' game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Day 1 data packs & shìtty micro-transactions games :(

Started great with Twilight Princess but has gone $h1t€. There better be new announcements before the end. TP HD while great, it's a HD remake of a game I've already played and finished with yet more SCamiibo.

Why wait until February for the classic pokemon on virtual console??? Should have been a "released after the presentation" announcement.

Have zero interest in anything Pokemon related.

Starfox Zero in April 2016, and horrible controls seem intact. Sigh.

Was it just me, or did he make it sound like they were un-delaying Starfox???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

FFS Fire Emblem isn't even out & they are flogging us dlc :confused:
    Pikachu was obese in red/blue O_O

• Advertisement

Good God, 5 months since E3 and they're still talking about games we already know about.

F*** off SCamiibo.

Shibata shouldn't be presenting Directs. His English and pronunciation are awful.

I think he's fine. English isn't his native language and I can understand him perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Shibata shouldn't be presenting Directs. His English and pronunciation are awful.

One of the lesser concerns.

Hate to be negative, maybe I'm just falling out of love with this stuff, but it all feels so samey.

Want new Zelda WiiU. Will buy TP. Didn't see anything else at all that I can see myself playing.

Do not want Cloud in Smash Bros. It's the same story as Snake. When was the last time we got a true Final Fantasy on a Nintendo console? The SNES.

Well thank God I didn't get excited before the Direct because that was awful. 1 new game, if you can call it that. It's a remake and not graphically pleasing either with yet more SCamiibo attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That tiny tease of Zelda U was unfair, but good to see it's still on track for 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

One last trailer...

Stars pass by, what could this be? Hmmm, Starfox already announced, could it be... Metroid??

"NEW SMASH BROTHERS CHARACTER!!!"

FFS... that was a big pile of nothing. I'll grab Twilight Princess but it seems like Nintendo have given up until NX. Fair enough I suppose given the Wii U's sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Starfox Zero in April 2016, and horrible controls seem intact. Sigh.

I am genuinely excited about a new Starfox fan.

I'm a HUGE fan of the n64 iteration but I couldn't agree with your sigh more.

Please Nintendo please do not **** this up with motion control or the gamepad.

Just give it offscreen play and that's it. Focus on the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I think he's fine. English isn't his native language and I can understand him perfectly.

They should have a native English speaker present them for this region imo.

Xenoblade and Bravely Default were the highlights for me anyway.

• Advertisement

Suprised there was no Minecraft! Aside from that, looking forward to Twilight Princess, but not a lot else there that was exciting. The sooner the NX arrives, the better.

Advertisement