Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Slugs wrote: »
    Can't play it on Silver though... Money-grabbing assholes... Since Micro$hit reneged on their promise of Halo 3 for July, is there any indication of when it will actually be released?
    I don't think they promised it for July, people just assumed it was coming then. Which given how MS presented it, I can't really fault them for. Every company is money grabbing, that's how they exist, how they continue to exist.

Also your MS comment;
    how witty and original......

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    sorry if this has been asked before but can i download and play games from a usb? with these games with gold out iv run out of space on my HDD.
    Yeah, that should work. You may have to leave the xbox on and let it download in full as it is not clever enough to start downloading again onto the usb when you start it up the xbox again. At least, my xbox wasn't....

Have DR2 and crackdown so not hoping for either of them for August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

wouldnt mind dr2 or crackdown, never played either of them, so il happily take them :D
    majornelson said he will be announcing it tomorrow sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

just confirmed on major nelsons blog as being crackdown available form tomorrow. both Dead rising 2 and dead rising : case zero are available from the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

just confirmed on major nelsons blog as being crackdown available form tomorrow. both Dead rising 2 and dead rising : case zero are available from the 16th.

Dead rising be good but crackdown 2 surly not 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Confirmed, Crack down tomorrow then on the 16th Dead Rising 2 and Case west! So three games this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

calex71 wrote: »
    Confirmed, Crack down tomorrow then on the 16th Dead Rising 2 and Case west! So three games this month.

I have not played any of them. Brilliant.

www.majornelson.com for anyone still in doubt :) great line up i think , although pretty old i have not played any of them so i am looking forward to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

calex71 wrote: »
    case zero not case west unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Crackdown wasn't really 6 years ago, was it? Time flies. I had lots of co-op fun with that game, made me think Gold was worth it.

Case Zero is the only Dead Rising I've played, so I'll definitely give DR2 a go.

• Advertisement

Is case zero a dlc for it? or a completely separate game? kinda confused ha

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Is case zero a dlc for it? or a completely separate game? kinda confused ha
    It's a separate game, takes place right before DR2 before the main character gets to Las Vegas

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

Can't play it on Silver though... Money-grabbing assholes... /quote]

In fairness it's called Games with gold the name suggests you can't be silver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

kristok 2 wrote: »
    Can't play it on Silver though... Money-grabbing assholes...

In fairness it's called Games with gold the name suggests you can't be silver

Just to clarify, I'm referring to the fact that they've removed the ability to play online with Silver membership from games that previously had the feature. Shadowrun is a perfect example. Happy wars I believe should be playable with silver membership, owing to the fact the game is free.

As regards to the the releases this month, looking forward to getting my hands on DR2. Crackdown is epic, might consider polishing that off. Too bad my save file is on another console :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just to clarify, I'm referring to the fact that they've removed the ability to play online with Silver membership from games that previously had the feature. Shadowrun is a perfect example. Happy wars I believe should be playable with silver membership, owing to the fact the game is free.

As regards to the the releases this month, looking forward to getting my hands on DR2. Crackdown is epic, might consider polishing that off. Too bad my save file is on another console :(

I know, I had a bit of a clearout of old save files at the weekend. luckily I still had assassins creed 2, but I'm fairly sure my crackdown one is gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You have got to be ****ing kidding me! Germany is only getting Shadowrun and Lost planet 2 this month! What the **** is this BS! I love SR play it regularly and it's great to see it getting some love, but why the **** are we getting something different!?! AND I JUST PAID 5 ****ING EURO FOR LOST PLANET 2! Why are we not getting the same as everyone else?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Don't have either game this month so I can add them to my backlog :). Although it's strange that for the last few months I've finally went and done what I've been threatening to do for the last few years and stop buying all games no matter how big or small until I clear some of the ones I've never opened, only for Microsoft to start handing them out for free, first world problems and all that.

All that said, from looking at videos of Crackdown it's tempting me to start and to have as a fun game to pick up and play when you don't feel like putting in much thought or effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

With the exception of Dead Rising 2, the other free games are seriously fecking old.

I don't have a PS3, but compared to the free games they get, we are doing really badly out of this Game with Gold thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    With the exception of Dead Rising 2, the other free games are seriously fecking old.

I don't have a PS3, but compared to the free games they get, we are doing really badly out of this Game with Gold thing.

Yeah and even DR2 isn't exactly young. They're picking titles that have very little value to be gained from hard copy sales anymore and have reached the end of their lifespan from a sales perspective. PS+ subscribers this month get; NFS: Most Wanted, Mafia 2, and Spec Ops: The Line as well as LEGO Lord of the Rings and When Vikings Attack if they own a PS Vita.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Anyone else getting this through xbox.com?
    Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

I'm not doing great with this offer. Have most of what they're hocking. It's like when you've just sat down with a pint and a stingey mate asks if your good for a drink! Honestly, I haven't really considered buying a new console, but the customer relations at Sony seem to have the right idea. DR3 exclusive (I got the 360 for Dead Rising) or not, PS+ is edging it. Their illusion of free games is better than Gold Free games...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CatInABox wrote: »

I get "Change Payment Options" or "Use Microsoft Points" to pay..

I don't want to use Microsoft Points in case they charge me.

Anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Blame the USK in Germany. I think both Dead Rising 2 and Crackdown are not allowed to be released in Germany.

I don't mind the two (three?) games in Ireland - I hadn't played any of them before, but heard that they were decent. Played Dead Rising one on an SD telly, and didn't get too far (p.s. "Shut up Otis, I hung up because I was busy getting eaten by Zombies, no need to get shirty with me :D")

The pattern for games so far seem to be older titles with some DLC for them (meaning that they might make a few bob from that, if people can be bothered - if not, no loss) and they're all titles that are likely getting sequels early in Xbox One Release, say the first 6-12 months, this gets you in to the series and invested in the series and possibly interested in following up on the Next Gen.

DR2 -> DR3
    AC2 -> AC4 (or is that AC6 - since Assassins Creed is doing the same for counting as George Lucas did with Star Wars episodes: 4,5,6,1,2,3,7)
    Fable III -> Rumoured Fable 4 (they won't say anything until after Fable Anniversary is released)
    Crackdown -> Crackdown 3 (rumoured - even hinted at the Xbox One TV reveal)
    Halo 3 -> Halo on Xbox One confirmed for 2014.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Allyall wrote: »
    I get "Change Payment Options" or "Use Microsoft Points" to pay..

I don't want to use Microsoft Points in case they charge me.

Anyone else get this?

Yeah, I've gotten all of them through the website so far, and even though it is free, it is still technically a "purchase". I selected my credit card, and it went through fine, no charge. So long as you're signed into your gold account, then you won't be charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yeah, I've gotten all of them through the website so far, and even though it is free, it is still technically a "purchase". I selected my credit card, and it went through fine, no charge. So long as you're signed into your gold account, then you won't be charged.

They're never getting my Credit Card again.
    I thought it was a glitch and was going to wait until it was fixed. I'll try with MS points.
    Thanks.

Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again.

Figured it out, Microsoft finally caught on to my move to London 6 months ago, which means an account transfer.

Went pretty seamlessly actually.

Figured it out, Microsoft finally caught on to my move to London 6 months ago, which means an account transfer.

Went pretty seamlessly actually.
    Funnily enough that seems to be one of the only things they get right... Had no hassle transferring mine to Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

A friend and I have actually been looking for Crackdown for a few weeks so that we could get up to Co-op shenanigans. Great news for us.

• Advertisement

Finished downloading it the other day, a quick half hour "kick the tires" session escalated pretty quickly, 4 hours later I put the controller down.

A wonderful sense of progression in it.

Advertisement