Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Clareh123

I am OOM 52 for Wicklow and 66 for Wexford. I haven't heard a peep since I got my results from the online assessment over four months ago now. Does anyone know where they are in the OOM for those counties?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonikaB

Hi , just got my message re: interview in Dublin . Can I ask do most people work in a junior managerial role at present or are applicants from various other working backgrounds . Getting a bit nervous now as interview close and my background is not managerial . Thanks

matter.[/quote]

Look at all the competencies and try to think of examples and how they apply to you. Use STAR techniques, if you don't have examples, you can always say that you did research and should you be in a position to decide you would do such and such

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Have any interdepartmental candidates been called for Dublin or has it all been open? Im 1000 places higher on interd than open

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

cw67irl wrote: »
    Have any interdepartmental candidates been called for Dublin or has it all been open? Im 1000 places higher on interd than open

PAS confirmed with me earlier This week that they called anyone with a score of 119 or higher to E-tray in Dublin on both competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Darragh12

Hi All. Probably a bit late to be posting but said I'd see if any of you knowledgeable folk would be able to help with my query before I contact public jobs HR directly!

I got OOM 66 for Galway. Got my results 10th October 2020. Haven't heard anything since. This is my first time doing any kind of public sector recruitment.
    Does anyone have any word on current recruitment or interviews for Galway? Or is it a case of waiting a long while for places to open up?

Any guidance greatly appreciated. Best of luck to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Darragh12 wrote: »
    Hi All. Probably a bit late to be posting but said I'd see if any of you knowledgeable folk would be able to help with my query before I contact public jobs HR directly!

I got OOM 66 for Galway. Got my results 10th October 2020. Haven't heard anything since. This is my first time doing any kind of public sector recruitment.
    Does anyone have any word on current recruitment or interviews for Galway? Or is it a case of waiting a long while for places to open up?

Any guidance greatly appreciated. Best of luck to everyone.

Hi Darragh12. Those results are following Stage 1a & 1b. You have to wait to be called to Stage 2 next-the etray exam. PAS have started calling a limited amount of applicants to that stage but you'll have to email them to find out how many they've called in Galway.
    I know in Cork it was up to OOM 46 who've been called for etray. Depending on etray results-the next stage is interview.

Email PAS on LargeVolumeRecruitment5@publicjobs.ie & quote EO 2020 in the subject line.

Best of luck going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Blueskies2019

Clareh123 wrote: »
    I am OOM 52 for Wicklow and 66 for Wexford. I haven't heard a peep since I got my results from the online assessment over four months ago now. Does anyone know where they are in the OOM for those counties?

Don’t know which OOM, but a few weeks ago they called candidates in Wexford for E-Tray who had a score of 126 or higher.
    Sorry to say, but these competitions can be quite slow (outside of Dublin) and 4 months is nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shinerwx

Don’t know which OOM, but a few weeks ago they called candidates in Wexford for E-Tray who had a score of 126 or higher.
    Sorry to say, but these competitions can be quite slow (outside of Dublin) and 4 months is nothing.

I was OOM 7 for Wexford and 46 for Dublin after the online assessment. Did the etray for Dublin and was called for interview. I declined this as it wouldn't suit me any longer to work in Dublin. PAS confirmed I'm still in the competition for wexford. I assume they wouldn't make me do the etray again and just use the Dublin results? Or should I contact them to make sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Blueskies2019

Shinerwx wrote: »
    I was OOM 7 for Wexford and 46 for Dublin after the online assessment. Did the etray for Dublin and was called for interview. I declined this as it wouldn't suit me any longer to work in Dublin. PAS confirmed I'm still in the competition for wexford. I assume they wouldn't make me do the etray again and just use the Dublin results? Or should I contact them to make sure?

No, you wouldn’t do the E-tray again, you only do it once and the results carry to your two regions.
    If PAS have confirmed you are in the competition for Wexford I wouldn’t worry, not yet anyway! I don’t know, but I doubt the people that have done the E-tray (for Wexford) have received their results yet. I presume you should get an updated OOM once the E-tray results for Wexford are out? Or do you not get a new OOM after the E-tray?
    Well done on OOM 7, that’s excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Whistledown

Hi, was anyone in the batch that had to complete etray by 18th Feb and if so have you heard anything back yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 mulligja

Hi, was anyone in the batch that had to complete etray by 18th Feb and if so have you heard anything back yet?

Part of that batch – no word so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Whistledown

Thank you. Best of luck

I didn't get it finished but hopefully did all the tasks ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Still no word on the e-tray from the 18th here. Hope to hear something soon; the waiting is the worst part of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    Still no word on the e-tray from the 18th here. Hope to hear something soon; the waiting is the worst part of this.

Nothing here yet either. Hoping we hear this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ipmt

Missed out on being called to cavan by a couple of points. Does anyone have anu idea if the will call another batch for etray or due to cavan being slow moving will there be only one batch called.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Ipmt wrote: »
    Missed out on being called to cavan by a couple of points. Does anyone have anu idea if the will call another batch for etray or due to cavan being slow moving will there be only one batch called.

Do you mind me asking what your OOM was for Cavan after the supervised assessments? I am high teens and have heard nothing since last year

Hi i emailed and got a reply to say they called any one with a score of 119 or more. If you were late teens i would have thought you would have scored more than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Ipmt wrote: »
    Hi i emailed and got a reply to say they called any one with a score of 119 or more. If you were late teens i would have thought you would have scored more than this.

I just checked and I scored 118! That’s a killer. I was OOM 19. Maybe more people will be called at a later date

I know i was 2 away. It a killer. Hopefully they call another batch. Wonder is there many EO jobs in cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CP123

For people who have done the interview and are in batch 1.1 1.2 and 1.3, what is your OOM? Would love some indication of how many people are in each batch? Who has a high OOM so we can try to figure it out. And also, have you been called for clearance yet? Would love to know where abouts they are on the lists now. And whether you are open stream or internal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 karlMilford1

maca13 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what number you were??
    I was 25 open/10 Inter d Mayo and 31 open/11 inter d Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 22 maca13

Ive sent them an email, i am 37 open Leitrim and 64 open Sligo. You did great on the inter! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

Hi, Im also for the Sligo/Leitrim areas. Just wondering how did ye find the etray test? I thought it was really hard :-(
    I have no idea how I did or how high I need to score to get called for interview. Does anyone have any idea when we might hear results from the 18th February closing date one?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

Just got my interview result for batch 1.4 in Dublin. Thankfully a good pass with top 5 OOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

JDWW wrote: »
    Just got my interview result for batch 1.4 in Dublin. Thankfully a good pass with top 5 OOM.

I'm through as well! So delighted.

Congrats! I am also top 5 OOM.

Did so much better than I thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gestappo

JDWW wrote: »

Amazing result, Congrats!!!

I'm through as well! So delighted.

Congrats! I am also top 5 OOM.

Did so much better than I thought!

Congratulations to you too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 allyben

Also just gotten my 1.4 result and passed! Any theories on how long it'll be before our batch is reached?

How long were you all waiting for your results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 allyben

gestappo wrote: »
    How long were you all waiting for your results?

just under two weeks - my interview was the week of the 15th

Advertisement