Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

A new character confirmed to be revealed at The Game Awards tonight. For me, there's nothing as exciting like a Smash Bros character reveal!

Any ideas who though?
    The names being thrown around are Doomslayer/Doomsguy, Crash Bandicoot, Sora, Geno and Ryu from Ninja Gaiden.

I'd laugh if they revealed Tom Nook! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Hoping for Crash. Would love a Tekken character either. It'll probably be someone I've never heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well since he seems to be getting used so freely, Kratos. :D

Sephiroth? I'm sure someone will be happy with that announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Sephiroth? I'm sure someone will be happy with that announcement.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one. How many sword wielding RPG characters do we need?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

Sephiroth looks fun to play as although I don't really have any interest in Final Fantasy. I was most surprised that he'll be available to play this month. It makes me think we'll more than likely get more characters after this Fighters' Pass considering only three left. It's lots of $$$ for Nintendo!

AMGer wrote: »
    How many sword wielding RPG characters do we need?
    tbahh wrote: »
    only three left.

There's your answer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Sephiroth is a hugely popular character, used to be heavily rumoured/wished for in the early days but when Cloud got in it didn't seem to be considered that Sephiroth would get in as well. Great introduction too when the music kicked in, will play quite differently to Fire Emblem characters too I would say.

I didn't watch it all but for anyone interested

Releases Dec 22nd, but you can unlock him early if you have the second character pack or the Sephiroth DLC preordered. To unlock you have to beat him in the game.

Also 9 new tracks added. He explains copyright was the reason for a lack of tracks previously

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1364576288799875074
    Tune in on 04/03 at 14:00 (UK time) for an in-depth look at the new #SmashBrosUltimate DLC fighter, Pyra/Mythra, with director Masahiro Sakurai. He will also reveal the fighter's release date!

Will be about 35 mins and no other fighters will be announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Battling with Kazuya (Nintendo Switch)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=e-eQJ8HCg4I

Another undeserving fighter slot in my opinion. Only 1 character reveal left.

Some hopes for the last character reveal killed today with these Mii costumes.

The last fighter in Smash Bros might be...

SPOILER WARNING

Once again, this "new" site is absolute $H1T€. That link was supposed to be inside the spoiler tag and it won't let me edit or delete it now. On the old site I had no such problems and I could just delete the post if all else failed. But that's not an option anymore.

I found a way, but it meant deleting everything and starting again. Awful...

Post edited by sligeach on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Does this mean we are done with SSB for a good few years?

Hopefully the director Sakurai can take a break and dream up something else.

Ya, it's probably done for at least a few years. Sakurai may not be back again. I was saying elsewhere that for the next iteration, I think Nintendo might open the game to fighters that aren't originally from games. A small core roster of Nintendo characters and then the likes of Homer Simpson, Mickey Mouse, Batman, etc, etc. They probably need to change it up for a sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

It's absolutely unreal how Sakurai can stick with this for so long and with such focus. It's the same game over and over, "just" with more and more insane level of polish.

He's not a Nintendo employee so maybe they've given him a huge amount of money to stick with the series. Or maybe he wouldn't get the same level of control or budget on another franchise. Or maybe he's just burned out on smash and can't do anything else. Seems like he's wasting his creative time on this. It's maintenance work than green field new stuff.

I have the game, but have no interest in it at all. Kids play it a bit... That GameStop Metroid Dread trade in for a tenner is tempting ...

I watched this a while ago and found it funny.

Super Smash Bros - Waluigi Reveal Trailer (Project M)

Anyway, that's my prediction for tomorrow's final Smash presentation. And Waluigi will get his own game, it will be called Waluigi's Wicked Ways and will be Nintendo's big holiday title. So many of the Mario characters have had their own game. Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Wario... it's Waluigi's time to shine. "Wah, heh, heh, heh! Waluigi is number one!"

3pm tomorrow. Think I'll watch the reveal and then just have it in the background to hear if anything else of interest is announced

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm hoping it's Satoru Iwata.

But I'll be happy if it's a deep cut like Sparkster.

Just not Sora. Smash should be about the best of nintendo and videogames and not Kingdom Hearts, aka, the worst thing ever since Legend of Dragoon.

Hoping for any of Crash, Spyro, MasterChief, DOOM Guy or Tails. After that as long as it's not some character I've never heard of that'll be ok too. I've only purchased 2 of the DLC characters so far. Most haven't interested me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd be disappointed if it was most of them. I used to call Crash 'crappy mario' for a reason. Spyro is crappy mario 64. Masterchief is such a bland green space marine and honestly Doom guy is a much better choice and one I'd be happy with.

Tails though, I see merit there.

• Advertisement

And there it is. Sora from Kingdom Hearts. I've never played those games so it's a pass from me. I'm sure some people will be happy though. Great reveal trailer by Nintendo. They know how to hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Mad the level of coverage Nintendo dedicate to Smash and how in depth they get with basically DLC launches. I can't think of any other game that gets this level of support.

Meh to sora.

I did have to laugh at sakurai at the end. The sigh he gave saying you have to complete something eventually. That man needs a holiday!

So the 4Chan leak was real. That's the 🍒 on top of the 💩 cake. Overall, the DLC has been hugely disappointing. Another character with little history on Nintendo systems. I think they're all spin-offs on handheld and then that recent rhythm based spin-off on Switch, but otherwise zero history on Nintendo home consoles.

And I see Square Enix are that lazy, that the Switch will be getting cloud versions of the main games.

Advertisement