Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Jebus fastest delivery is February 5th that's nuts

Amazon are after building a buffer into estimated delivery times. I'd stuff due on the 29th that I ordered on the 14th or 15th but it arrived yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

This is amazon.de not .co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This is amazon.de not .co.uk

I know. That's where my delivery was from.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Was wondering whether to go for these or not myself Zelda Pokemon Dungeon and Paper Mario would be my three will definitely think on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Animal Crossing was added to the Amazon DE deal, but seems to disappear and re-appear every few hours based on stock levels.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/aw/d/B07SV4WDHK?ref_=plp_aw_a_A3VGXNIKF0UWV6_D_&me=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

• Advertisement

• Does anyone know who Smyths use as a courier? Thinking of ordering a Switch online.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

Redlion wrote: »
    Animal Crossing was added to the Amazon DE deal, but seems to disappear and re-appear every few hours based on stock levels.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/aw/d/B07SV4WDHK?ref_=plp_aw_a_A3VGXNIKF0UWV6_D_&me=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

They also have Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity!

I'm hoping they might add a few more games to tempt me as I have most of them already!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Does anyone know who Smyths use as a courier? Thinking of ordering a Switch online.

DPD

• gerrybbadd wrote: »
    DPD

Cheers. Was hoping it was anyone other than Fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Amazon DE doing 3 for 2 on some Switch games until Sunday: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/promotion/A3VGXNIKF0UWV6?ref_=sopp_psp_A3VGXNIKF0UWV6

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - €50
    The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - €47
    Paper Mario: The Origami King - €45
    Pokemon Sword/Shield - €46 each
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - €45
    Mario & Sonic at the Olympics - €50
    Super Mario Party - €50

+2% VAT. Postage works out at €5.21 to Ireland.

Got Pokémon sword , mario orgami and mario party , cheers for the heads up on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

Yep, dpd and my experience buying from smyths has been great - very quick and good tracking info.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Smyths have always been good in my experience, preordered both the PS5 and Series X and had them early on launch day from UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I've only ordered one thing for delivery off Smyths. Age of Calamity. Had it pre ordered. Arrived 12 days late. Just a heads up. They gave me a full refund though and got to keep the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit (Luigi) is €84.99 + €6.83 shipping €91.82 delivered.
    https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B08HF78VS8/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Panzer Dragoon Remake is down to €6.24 on the eShop. Anyone played the remake? Just wondering if it's worth it at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Panzer Dragoon Remake is down to €6.24 on the eShop. Anyone played the remake? Just wondering if it's worth it at that price

At that price, ya it's worth a go. I got it free on Stadia and played it a bit. Can't go wrong at €6.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a lovely game, I have it Saturn, PS2, Stadia and Switch.
    They are bringing the even better sequel to the Switch, Steam andb hopefully Stadia soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

I don't recall seeing this posted on here, but there is a free trial of Dead Cells for Nintendo Switch Online members until February 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

tbahh wrote: »
    I don't recall seeing this posted on here, but there is a free trial of Dead Cells for Nintendo Switch Online members until February 1st.

Thanks, got this game for PS4 on PS now and loved it. I started all over again during the free trial, great fun going back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

After getting cold feet about the difficulty level of Civilisation 6 I am getting an urge to play a RTS, I see Northgard is still on sale for 13.99 in the eshop.

Anyone have this? Very tempted to have a crack at it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

After getting cold get about the difficulty level of Civilisation 6 I am getting an urge to play a RTS, I see Northgard is still on sale for 13.99 in the eshop.

I've been looking at that for a while too on and off. I saw it on Amazon Germany a good while back for less than €20. Didn't realise it was on sale now. I think I will go for it.
    I love immersing myself in those type of games. Very disappointed that I haven't got to grips yet with Civilisation 6.
    I didn't give Cities Skylines much of a chance either as it didn't really grip me.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Suckit wrote: »
    I've been looking at that for a while too on and off. I saw it on Amazon Germany a good while back for less than €20. Didn't realise it was on sale now. I think I will go for it.
    I love immersing myself in those type of games. Very disappointed that I haven't got to grips yet with Civilisation 6.
    I didn't give Cities Skylines much of a chance either as it didn't really grip me.

I picked up the train sim on the switch (lover of trains) and I cannot get into it. the used interface is really bad and complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

After getting cold feet about the difficulty level of Civilisation 6 I am getting an urge to play a RTS, I see Northgard is still on sale for 13.99 in the eshop.

I had a similar urge to you to play RTS on my switch, but it was set off my Starcraft.

I found this topic quite helpful as a jumping off point

Castlestorm
    and Castlestorm 2 wasn't my thing so I gave up very quickly. You shoot in big crossbow in real time from your castle while an opposite castle spawns tons of units to assault you. You can also spawn your own units, and you deal extra damage if you can headshot. It's definitely a "real time" game that requires "strategy" but didn't feel like an RTS to me.

Mushroom Wars 2 isn't really "true" RTS and looks like a phone game (it is, turns out), you can only send units from building to building. You can't move them to a point on the map which isn't a building. I beat the whole thing in like 2/3 hours but I wouldn't strongly recommend it.

From Orbit I thought was very cool, but very basic. It's a roguelike, where you have to gather resources on procedurally generated planets with your units while enemies spawn to attack your spaceship. Between levels you use the resources to upgrade your units. If your spaceship is destroyed it's game over. The enemies that spawn on each planet get stronger and more numerous the longer you're there; so at a certain point you have to decide you have enough resources from that planet and NOPE out before you're killed. I beat it three or four times through and then sadly deleted it, because as much as I liked playing it, there was no point playing it more as I had "solved" it.

I haven't compared this price anywhere other than amazon UK where it is £13.17 before shipping
    The HORI Compact Stand - Zelda Edition for Nintendo Switch is €8.49 + €3 shipping to Ireland
    Comes in at €11.49 delivered.
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01A9UATJC/
    The listing is a different product but Zoverstock is the German name for MusicMagpie. Delivery isn't quick (Feb 10 - March 1st expected).

EDIT
    Forgot to mention that State of Mind is on sale for €3.99 or €2.88 for anyone in South Africa

€14.11 for 12 months Nintendo Switch Online using code ENDOFJAN2021
    https://www.eneba.com/nintendo-nintendo-switch-online-membership-12-months-eshop-key-europe
    Or
    €26.31 for 12 months of Family Nintendo Switch Online (same code)
    https://www.eneba.com/de/nintendo-nintendo-switch-online-family-membership-12-months-eshop-key-europe

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Can membership be stacked?

Hurrache wrote: »
    Can membership be stacked?

Three years as far as Google tells me, I added a year when I still had 6 months left, so I'd say it's true.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

pmce4 wrote: »
    I picked up the train sim on the switch (lover of trains) and I cannot get into it. the used interface is really bad and complicated.
    I was the same, I found the Densha de Go games hard to enjoy, the language barrier is just too high, though the addition of the official train controller helps a lot.
    My brother has the plug and play edition and it's much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Any tips for getting a ring fit ring + leg strap on its own?

Nintendo website doesn't seem to sell them

• Advertisement

Any tips for getting a ring fit ring + leg strap on its own?

Nintendo website doesn't seem to sell them

Someone on adverts selling them for nearly forty quid! Or AliExpress or 3rd party Amazon sellers, quality looks dubious to say the least though.

Advertisement