Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inplayer???

Options
  • 26-02-2021 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Hi guys any of ye hear of this crowd friend of mine had money taken from his debit account from ulster bank he has reported to them and all but never heard of them or authorised them to do it not sure were to ask as I can't help him I thought I'd put up here any help or suggestions thanks alot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭MentalMario

leoch wrote: »
    Hi guys any of ye hear of this crowd friend of mine had money taken from his debit account from ulster bank he has reported to them and all but never heard of them or authorised them to do it not sure were to ask as I can't help him I thought I'd put up here any help or suggestions thanks alot

Did he buy any sports events lately?

Boxing or Ufc maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭leoch

Don't know but doubt it very much he said no email no invoice no nothing must be a scam of some sort

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

In the wrong forum but a two seconds Google search gives this and loads of other information.

Someone is impersonating you? If you, as a Customer have a reason to believe that your account details have been obtained by another user without consent, immediately contact InPlayer to suspend your account and cancel any unauthorised payments or memberships that may be pending. In case an unauthorised use is made before you notify us of the unauthorised nature of the order or payment, InPlayer will suspend access to the Services and the withdrawal of any scheduled payments pending investigation. We will begin an investigation, after which we will be able to determine whether or not to cancel access to the Services and make a full or partia

Thanks darc how do I explain that to someone and how the he'll does someone impersonate another...bank card details and all..I know the bank cancelled his card incase it happened again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Thanks darc how do I explain that to someone and how the he'll does someone impersonate another...bank card details and all..I know the bank cancelled his card incase it happened again

Very possible that they signed up for something and didn't understand that they did. Inplayer seem to be a genuine company for streaming sports programs.

Just go to the inplayer site and ask them how it was signed up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FionMc

would it be inplayer.com by any chance?

Not sure why wats inplayer.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Not sure why wats inplayer.com

did you not google it before asking here? - I assumed you did.

inplayer.com is a worldwide subscription app for streaming series and one off events. So could have been a mcgregor fight, a concert, a season of nfl etc

A bit like a "ticketmaster" for streaming https://inplayer.com/about-us/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Locking this one down - not a Business Management or Entrepreneur related question.

OP your friend should reach out to inplayer and find out what the charges were for, assume there is a transaction id associated with the payment so they should be able to tell him what the event was and most likely an account or transaction in his name if his card was used. If he didn't purchase the event then he can follow the normal processes with inplayer and his bank to rectify.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement