Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IT Sligo L8 Mechatronics Projects

Options
  • 14-01-2021 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am wondering if anyone could tell me what they did or what others did in their class for the L8 Mechatronics project in IT Sligo or any other college actually. I presume they will all be roughly the same

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

toe_knee wrote: »
    Hi, I am wondering if anyone could tell me what they did or what others did in their class for the L8 Mechatronics project in IT Sligo or any other college actually. I presume they will all be roughly the same

I didn't do the L8 course, no plans to, but did the online L7 Mechatronics course in Sligo. Deferred the project and finished it last September. Did my project on an Arduino Labview Irrigation System. Sounds fancier than it was. Basically a water pump triggered by moisture thresholds set in Labview. The brief was PID control with control and a HMI. It passed, just about but my Labview knowledge was very poor starting it and not improved much since. Hadn't used an Arduino either. Try and pick a project with subject matter you're confident with and hound your tutor for help. Some of the tutors Sligo assigned to us weren't much help. I'm assuming this is for a 2022 project, unless you've done a lot of work already. Getting it to physically work is important, but not the main thing if you explain your theory and troubleshooting. You should be able to get your hands on. PDFs of past reports which will give you a good outline for your report. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

I'm only in the 1st year of the L8. Completed the L7 last year. Wanted to see what others have done for the L8 to give me an idea. I am confident with Arduino, raspberry pi and even the dreaded LabView (Eamonn "This is not a labview class")

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

toe_knee wrote: »
    I'm only in the 1st year of the L8. Completed the L7 last year. Wanted to see what others have done for the L8 to give me an idea. I am confident with Arduino, raspberry pi and even the dreaded LabView (Eamonn "This is not a labview class")

Even though the Labview assignments were 80% of the SCADA marks. I thought his SCADA lectures were fairly good. If only he spent 5 minutes explaining how the final marks were tallied and pointed us in the way of Udemy, Makerhub and some good YouTube channels for Labview. I discovered PDF Drive too for a few good free e-books. Dónal is a very good lecturer. His subjects weren't so exciting but he did his best to check we learned something and was never rushing to go somewhere. An absolute gent.

Advertisement