Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NCT for bikes?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

GDPR seems to be their deflective tactic nowadays so highly unlikely. If you are charged and it is excessive then you might need to go legal to sort it. The whole thing is a shambles. You said you are bang on in the middle of Blarney and Waterford test centre's, would you consider Waterford at this point?

That's where my next booking is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Skibb does vrt assessments, I found the guy sound when I went there. The guy who does the vrt is completely separate to the NCT staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I see FEMA are reporting that the Euro Parliament recently voted on this,
    "…calls on the Commission therefore to consider extending the obligation to conduct roadside inspections to two- and three-wheel vehicles, including the 5 % minimum yearly inspection target, as these vehicles are currently completely excluded from the scope of Directive 2014/47/EU"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,872 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

EP can "call on the Commission" all they like, they can't make them do anything. That's not saying it won't happen, mind.

Bad smell off that proposal though as it pretty much exempts <125cc which gets the vast majority of PTWs in sunnier countries off the hook even though smaller bikes have a worse accident rate. MEPs will vote for anything if they don't see it as affecting their country.

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement