Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A Moan Again, Naturally: Liveline 18/07/2019 to date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

[quote="Dan Jaman;110723225"
    Make up some shyt about posters, and come on complaining then plug, plug, plug, baby.[/quote]

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,921 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

'tipperary is the biggest inland county'

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Why don't they just organise a private event. Why do we all have to be fully involved? This is just another RTE bit of propaganda, to portray us all as homophobic, so they can vote through the next f**king nonsense thing that comes up for referendum. Give us a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Fair fcuks to her .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote: »
    'tipperary is the biggest inland county'

:confused::confused::confused:

Shes right I think.

Why don't they just organise a private event. Why do we all have to be fully involved? This is just another RTE bit of propaganda, to portray us all as homophobic, so they can vote through the next f**king nonsense thing that comes up for referendum. Give us a break.
    Is anyone forcing you to go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,749 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

The moon landing is about to suffer the hand of Ray.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Hardly a national radio issue...oh wait this is the LL

Cars parking in disabled spots should be impounded for 24 hrs .

• Advertisement

I've been watching PC's vids for years and nodding along with them, until recently, when he started frothing at the mouth a bit.
    I now regard him as an arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Oops69 wrote: »
    Cars parking in disabled spots should be impounded for 24 hrs .

Saw a great one yesterday.........As I was leaving a car park, in comes an oul lad who parks half in a disabled spot, and half in a spot reserved for ambulance pickups due to a doctor's office in the same building.

Appeared to be running into the Centra. Important man obviously.

This lad is on his butter box now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,235 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The thread title deserves an award.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

McDermotX wrote: »
    Saw a great one yesterday.........As I was leaving a car park, in comes an oul lad who parks half in a disabled spot, and half in a spot reserved for ambulance pickups due to a doctor's office in the same building.

Appeared to be running into the Centra. Important man obviously.
    Was he an ambulance driver with a disability ?;)

Pig ignorance.

Wait, that's being unkind to pigs.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Danzy wrote: »
    The thread title deserves an award.

Well reflected in this topic anyway, some people are never happy. I see disabled parking spots most places and they're usually empty.

Xero Tolerance in Louth! :eek:

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Well reflected in this topic anyway, some people are never happy. I see disabled parking spots most places and they're usually empty.

That's the other side of the coin - where they're properly observed then disabled users can come and go and hardly anyone notices. I've seen this often recently in my nearby Aldi, which has 4 disabled spaces.

Of course, much of the time two of the spaces are occupied by chancing arseholes with no badge in sight who are too important to be walking more than a few metres.

• Advertisement

The manager just told you, out of the blue, to 'Eff off and mind your own business' ?

Well.........Not even getting half the story there I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,921 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

not sure who is worse, those parking illegally in disabled spots , or the lad going around 'challenging' the people parking in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

A Nation of Chancers Once Again
    A Nation of Chancers Once Again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

tanned legs Joe

I'm sure the taxi drivers would rather have a cab full of tanned legs.
    Bastards, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    That's the other side of the coin - where they're properly observed then disabled users can come and go and hardly anyone notices.

So what's the major problem then? There's normally spaces available most of the time in disabled bays. You can't guarantee there'll always be a space.

The reality for most people is that you might hope to park somewhere but it's full and you have to go elsewhere or come back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Dan Jaman wrote: »

That's the other side of the coin - where they're properly observed then disabled users can come and go and hardly anyone notices. I've seen this often recently in my nearby Aldi, which has 4 disabled spaces.

Of course, much of the time two of the spaces are occupied by chancing arseholes with no badge in sight who are too important to be walking more than a few metres.
    Shur they'd drive in the doors in their pajamas some of em if they could

So what's the major problem then? There's normally spaces available most of the time in disabled bays. You can't guarantee there'll always be a space.

The reality for most people is that you might hope to park somewhere but it's full and you have to go elsewhere or come back later.

If no able-bodied people fraudulently used spaces, and all disabled spaces were occupied by genuine disabled users, I'm sure that disabled drivers looking for a space would shrug and wait or change their plan.
    It's when they KNOW that some of the spaces are being used by chancing cnuts that the steam starts coming out of their ears.

I have no dog in this race at the moment, as I'm not a wheelchair user or have a blue badge, but I've had cause to use a wheelchair in the past and future medical issues might see me either in one or needing a badge, so I tend to take an interest.

I will say this, though. In future when I see chancing bastards using spaces I won't be shut up about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

And to think she made such a promising start.. Zzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Haha. No enforcement in a very selfish Ireland. Forget about any change

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement