Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doggies

• 08-07-2019 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭

Haven't been fishing in a good while, anyone care to point to a few spots that still hold doggies from the shore. I don't expect anyone to be overly specific with their preferred spots, just a general area would help with a bit of planning.

TIA Kat1170

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

What part of the country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Preferably East or South East coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Most of the Wexford beaches will produce doggies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Generally in numbers and to the detriment of everything else you might be trying to catch! Of course, if you set out to catch them I imagine you'll be absolutely sick of the sight of bass, cod and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Interesting theory - Go after doggies, be disappointed with 56 Bass!

I might just give it a go!!

ANY wexford beach will give you dogfish - Just pretend your fishing for something else and you will get hundreds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Thanks everyone. Doggies were always there in numbers in the past, haven't been shore fishing in a good few years do just wanted to check if things were the same. Although a Bass or two is always welcome lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I’ve caught dogfish on hotdogs and one on a sausage roll. But when you target them you won’t catch them so target something else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

If you're ever in Clare, you'll get tormented by 5kg+ Ray similar size huss and bigger congers while fishing for doggies....

The other evening I caught 7 thornbacks and 3 congers while fishing for doggies...

Nothing worse than hauling in big rays and huss while thinking you're going to catch a few doggies

Advertisement