Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Radiohead appreciation thread 2019

• 17-05-2019 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭

I did a search on this forum for radiohead and well... shame on you boardsies

If it was up to me, the music forum would be renamed 'radiohead forum'

Exhibit (A)

amazing, right?

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

Exibit d

Exhibit (what's after d??)

For the rest of the exhibits, see every other radiohead song ever recorded

And definitely this session for 'in rainbows'

They're geniuses

Just because I'm old doesn't mean they're not still amazing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Agreed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I too like Radiohead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

In rainbow in the basement is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

In rainbow in the basement is fantastic.

It's got 44k views. I'd say 30k of them are just from me watching it over and over again.

I love watching them play as much as I love listening to them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The cover versions of 'Ceremony' and 'The Headmaster Ritual' from that session are outstanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Akrasia wrote: »
    I did a search on this forum for radiohead and well... shame on you boardsies

If it was up to me, the music forum would be renamed 'radiohead forum'

And thats why loads of people hate them.

Fúcking awful band. As pretentious as you'll get and the singer is a bobble headed warbler in love with his own moaning voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The Nal wrote: »

Fúcking awful band. As pretentious as you'll get and the singer is a bobble headed warbler in love with his own moaning voice.

People hate them because other people love them. Wow, i suppose that makes sense in some twisted way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

"Give me a Leonard Cohen Thom Yorke afterworld / So I can sigh eternally"

This is the Radiohead appreciation thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Honest question, what's wrong with being pretentious? And, Radiohead are not. Bell X1 are more pretentious, and mediocre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

https://radiohead.bandcamp.com/

...a hell of a lot of material to appreciate there.

'we’ve been hacked
    my archived mini discs from 1995-1998(?)
    it’s not v interesting
    there’s a lot of it

if you want it, you can buy the whole lot here
    18 minidisks for £18
    the proceeds will go to Extinction Rebellion

as it’s out there
    it may as well be out there
    until we all get bored
    and move on

Thmx
    credits
    released June 11, 2019'

Shlippery wrote: »
    https://radiohead.bandcamp.com/

...a hell of a lot of material to appreciate there.

'we’ve been hacked
    my archived mini discs from 1995-1998(?)
    it’s not v interesting
    there’s a lot of it

if you want it, you can buy the whole lot here
    18 minidisks for £18
    the proceeds will go to Extinction Rebellion

as it’s out there
    it may as well be out there
    until we all get bored
    and move on

Thmx
    credits
    released June 11, 2019'
    Heard about that. The hacker demanded a ransom of 130k not to release it all. They released it themselves instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Heard about that. The hacker demanded a ransom of 130k not to release it all. They released it themselves instead.

Is there a tracklist available of this material?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Is there a tracklist available of this material?

It's fan produced but is pretty accurate...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kA8u6UhjbutZ-b7TXzmX4qkOTg6nGC1vPg50WwCcZyo/edit?usp=drivesdk

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KGC

I kinda gave up on Radiohead after Hail to the Thief. It all just became too much like hard work......I do love that they do their own thing and push their boundaries though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I'd be in the "like them a lot". But wouldn't be a die-hard. I think In rainbows in fantastic. Reckoner is one of my favourite tunes. Never get sick of it. Saw them last year in 3 Arena. Twas very good. I saw them back in '90s as well when they played in some field in the suburbs of Galway. Around the time The Bends was out. Great fun.
    You'd really have to give them credit for the way they evolved their music when the likes of oasis etc were just churning out the same tempo tunes for years and years and still getting the plaudits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭mosstin

KGC wrote: »
    I kinda gave up on Radiohead after Hail to the Thief. It all just became too much like hard work......I do love that they do their own thing and push their boundaries though.

Missing out on In Rainbows is an indictable offence.

Thom Yorke and Paul Thomas Anderson have a short film on Netflix now called Anima. Fifteen minutes, three songs, no dialogue, kinda an extended music video maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KGC

mosstin wrote: »
    Missing out on In Rainbows is an indictable offence.

Guilty as charged..............I'll try atone for my mistakes, someday!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

KGC wrote: »

I can understand how HTTT would put some fans off. For a start, it's about four or five songs too long. The band have admitted as much.

Not their finest hour but it still contains some real gems (Sail to the Moon, Scatterbrain, Wolf at the Door, 2+2=5.........)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

I'd be in the "like them a lot". But wouldn't be a die-hard. I think In rainbows in fantastic. Reckoner is one of my favourite tunes. Never get sick of it. Saw them last year in 3 Arena. Twas very good. I saw them back in '90s as well when they played in some field in the suburbs of Galway. Around the time The Bends was out. Great fun.
    You'd really have to give them credit for the way they evolved their music when the likes of oasis etc were just churning out the same tempo tunes for years and years and still getting the plaudits.

I was at that Galway gig too in 1996. The Cardigans and Neneh Cherry were the support acts.

I had seen them in the Olympia two days before. What a show that was.

Have seen them play live 20 times since my first Radiohead gig in 1995. They continue to blow my mind to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭romperstomper

I just discovered scotch mist where they perform 'in rainbows'. IMO it is even better than 'from the basement'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukythkK4EPQ

Advertisement