Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegans are WEAK !!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

auspicious wrote: »
    David Haye.           - boxer

Became a vegan in 2014 two years after the last title fight.

Since then he has a record of 2-2 (was criticized for picking relative unknown journey men in his 1st two fights back for soft victories)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

KSU wrote: »

Since then he has a record of 2-2 (was criticized for picking relative unknown journey men in his 1st two fights back for soft victories)

Noted.

Keith Holmes, who held a middleweight title from 1999 to 2001, was/is vegan. He became the first vegan World Champion and today owns Vegan Hut Cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Worztron

KSU wrote: »

By 2014, he was well past his prime.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

^^^

i gather steroids are vegan but a bunch of past their prime athletes looking to make a buck isnt the best guide to do anything

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

I said it before and I'll say it again. Rogan is a bull**** artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Joe is a weird one. He is against factory farming and all types of dairy but he just can't get past the hurdle of plant protein being adequate.

Also he seems to bizarrely think hunting his own food is more ethical

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I said it before and I'll say it again. Rogan is a bull**** artist.

what does that even mean? he gets some interesting guests an discussions going. even introduced me to Joel Khan.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

People taking time out of their day and complaining about other people’s dietary routines is the most pathetic thing I’ve eber actually seen.

Go back to bed you fvckin void

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    what does that even mean? he gets some interesting guests an discussions going. even introduced me to Joel Khan.

I'll watch him if he crops up in my youtube recommended only when has a scientist on or is discussing some interesting fringe topics. But he can be plenty disingenuous when it suits him to denigrate others.

Kendrick Farris made the switch to a vegan diet after his son was born September 2014.

Since then Farris has packed on more muscle, moved up a weight class, and at 94kg he set an American Record total at the 2016 Olympic Trials in Salt Lake City.
    During the Olympic Team Trials, Farris set a new USA record and a personal best by lifting 800 pounds.
    In May 2016 he broke the American lifting record for clean-and-jerk with three lifts totaling 377 kg (743 lbs).

30 years old and produced some of the best lifts of his or anyone's life after going vegan

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MoEuhwU5MXI

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭JoeyDoh

Lads, Clarence Kennedy and Kendrick Farris are vegan athletes to be commended in the strength sphere.

Patrick Baboumian is a nobody in the strongman world though, and he most certainly did not win the WSM in 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Kendrick Farris made the switch to a vegan diet after his son was born September 2014.

Since then Farris has packed on more muscle, moved up a weight class, and at 94kg he set an American Record total at the 2016 Olympic Trials in Salt Lake City.
    During the Olympic Team Trials, Farris set a new USA record and a personal best by lifting 800 pounds.
    In May 2016 he broke the American lifting record for clean-and-jerk with three lifts totaling 377 kg (743 lbs).

30 years old and produced some of the best lifts of his or anyone's life after going vegan

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MoEuhwU5MXI

Is he clean?

He talks about roids so much, accusing other athletes, I would bet he's not.

Clarence is definitely not

Roids > Diet in weightlifting

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Is he clean?

He talks about roids so much, accusing other athletes, I would bet he's not

So by your logic anti-vegans are really vegans and vegans are really meat eaters; anti-drug campaigners are actually all drug users and anti-racists are racists.

Unless you can prove your opinion, your post is redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Seanachai

These are exceptional people, most can't convert beta-carotene to vitamin A, we need animal fat.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/4-reasons-some-do-well-as-vegans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

So by your logic anti-vegans are really vegans and vegans are really meat eaters; anti-drug campaigners are actually all drug users and anti-racists are racists.

Unless you can prove your opinion, your post is redundant.

Those strength gains by those athletes are in spite of being vegan, eg they are hormonal not from any diet

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Those strength gains by those athletes are in spite of being vegan, eg they are hormonal not from any diet

Conjecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Worztron wrote: »

For the record Arnie is not vegan. I watched an interview with him from a few weeks ago and he was putting raw egg into his smoothie. In fact, he was putting the whole egg in- shell and all..:eek:

• Advertisement

I'll be making the 'Damn Good' cookies when I get home tonight!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

For the record Arnie is not vegan. I watched an interview with him from a few weeks ago and he was putting raw egg into his smoothie. In fact, he was putting the whole egg in- shell and all..:eek:

He's not, he said he eats 99% vegan recently however.

Wiki

Fiona Oakes is a British distance runner runner, who holds four world records for marathon running.[1][2][3][4] In 2013, she won both the Antarctic Ice Marathon and the North Pole Marathon. She runs despite losing a kneecap from an illness when she was 17.[5] Oakes has been vegan since she was 6 years old.[6] She runs Tower Hill Stables Animal Sanctuary[7], is an ambassador for The Vegan Society,[8] and is a patron of the Captive Animals Protection Society.[9]

World records
    In 2013, Oakes became the fastest female in aggregate time to complete a marathon on each continent (23h:27m:40s);
    [1] the fastest female in aggregate time to complete a marathon on each continent and the North Pole (28h:20m:50s);
    [2] and the fastest female in elapsed time to complete a marathon on each continent and the North Pole (225 days and 18 hours).
    [3] In 2018 Oakes broke her 4th Guinness World record by becoming the fastest female to run a half marathon in an animal costume (dressed as a cow) in Tromso, Norway (1h:32m:24s).[4]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tDu5e4Rvr3Q

A truly amazing woman with a huge heart. A true hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

[quote="auspicious;111509083"

A true hero.[/quote]
    Genuine question what has she done that qualifies her as a hero? What selfless act to save others has she engaged in?
    ( The running thing I get as i'm a runner also)

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Genuine question what has she done that qualifies her as a hero? What selfless act to save others has she engaged in?

See above:
    She runs Tower Hill Stables Animal Sanctuary

All of Fiona's amazing achievements and feats of endurance were done not for monetary gain or personal ambition but to highlight veganism and it's core message of unnecessary animal suffering.
    Wthout a great deal of knowledge or professional support she stood toe to toe with the best runners in the world in the most difficult races on the planet and time and time again she proved, with the utmost selfless determination found through her compassion for exploited animals, she was their equal and often more. All on a plant-based diet.
    In the Marathon des Sables Fiona displayed more compassion when she gave up a possible 5th place or better, and commanding lead over the the rest of the field to support a fellow runner debilitated by leukaemia, striving to achieve his own goal, when no-one else would.

The recognition of her exploits was not forthcoming as the media wanted nothing to do with her vegan standard. Rather than deterr her, she put her chin up and went harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

All of Fiona's amazing achievements and feats of endurance were done not for monetary gain or personal ambition but to highlight veganism and it's core message of unnecessary animal suffering.
    Wthout a great deal of knowledge or professional support she stood toe to toe with the best runners in the world in the most difficult races on the planet and time and time again she proved, with the utmost selfless determination found through her compassion for exploited animals, she was their equal and often more. All on a plant-based diet.
    In the Marathon des Sables Fiona displayed more compassion when she gave up a possible 5th place or better, and commanding lead over the the rest of the field to support a fellow runner debilitated by leukaemia, striving to achieve his own goal, when no-one else would.

The recognition of her exploits was not forthcoming as the media wanted nothing to do with her vegan standard. Rather than deterr her, she put her chin up and went harder.

The above makes her a talented endurance runner and helping the other runner is inspiring . Displays of which I have witnessed at events I have taken part in . However none of that makes her a hero but thanks for the info. The word hero has lost all meaning tbh.

The above makes her a talented endurance runner and helping the other runner is inspiring . Displays of which I have witnessed at events I have taken part in . However none of that makes her a hero but thanks for the info. The word hero has lost all meaning tbh.

She does cover the defining qualities; courage, strength, achievement, virtue, fearlessness, determination, positive role model..
    She speaks for herself. And she speaks very well.
    At least you are honest in your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

She is absolutely a hero to the countless beings she has rescued and rehabilitated at her own expense, both monetary and time wise. Lives that would otherwise have been ended now thrive because of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

She sounds like a genuine hero to me to be honest and I'm a committed carnivore and would be the first one to laugh at a vegan joke.

Fair play to her, the world would be a better place with more people like her and probably is a better place to many because of her.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement