Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas 2019 Checklist

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Posy wrote: »
    If posters could familiarise themselves with the charter before posting here, that would be the greatest gift of all. :)

Tsk tsk tsk and a mod as well !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

nuac wrote: »
    Could we leave all this Christmas stuff until after Hallowe'en?

That would be a hard NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Since people post here year-round aren’t we always posting after Halloween?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Woah, you've blown my mind! :pac: :D

After a flurry of activity, nothing now to cross off till the 27th however will be a good few close together then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

X-Factor is back this w/e IIRC.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    X-Factor is back this w/e IIRC.

Correct :)

Just bumping this as the coming weekend brings us, the clocks going back, the bank holiday w/e & the x-factor love shows starting...
    Hard to believe the 2nd last rudolph day of the year will be gone before that though. The weeks are going so fast now.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Counting down to the closing of this thread !

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Calender Club stores are opening now!

• Advertisement

Clocks go back
    October Bank Holiday
    Halloween
    1st November
    Christmas coffee cups
    Christmas Coca Cola bottles

Possibly this one also, Christmas ads- will we see Kevin the carrot? John Lewis advert!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

"What Kevin did next"... the sequel !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

The Holly Bough went on sale in Cork this weekend, a great Cork tradition, so much so that ex-pats all over the world have it sent just to remind them of Christmas's past.

mainMediaSize=MEDIUM_type=image_x0=0_y0=0_x1=100_y1=100__image.jpg

74429610_2447934602195813_5526761631570198528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQkyJ_liyHHTFif42iejPGj4X4mrVaDn9R2OrFEoipJSBLtHCm59MWufiPL9a7J37ps&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=5e15093b351d1fcd4a2ef495c0d3a7b1&oe=5E5D73C8

Possibly this one also, Christmas ads- will we see Kevin the carrot? John Lewis advert!

Saw my first bit of TV last night in a few days and saw first Christmas ad. Was for DSF so not a classic however brought a smile my face :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Colmurph75

The Holly Bough went on sale in Cork this weekend, a great Cork tradition, so much so that ex-pats all over the world have it sent just to remind them of Christmas's past.

Just saw it last night- this always means Christmas to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have heard about that mag from pals, no use to a jackeen?

Jude13 wrote: »
    I have heard about that mag from pals, no use to a jackeen?

Thought that myself a couple of years ago and a colleague of mine from Cork brought me in a copy one January after he was finished with it for a look, to be fair there was a bit of decent reading in it & a few good bits but it was very much centred around cork & for people based there.

Amazed there was never a Dublin version, you'd think there'd be a market for it given the population, or maybe like most other print media these days it would struggle. I think the fact the Cork one has been in existence so long & has a built in tradition for Cork folk it has a stable market place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas around here. Spent last night catching up on some of the threads as due to family commitments havnt been able to post.
    Spent midterm in Dublin with relatives and took my wee one off to Dundrum, where we spotted the skating ring up and running last Wednesday. There was a whole bunch of skaters enjoying the ice. It was the first time my little one has seen the rink up close, and she was dying to have a go, but unfortunately we arrived too late.
    Anyhow looks like another item of the checklist! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Thought that myself a couple of years ago and a colleague of mine from Cork brought me in a copy one January after he was finished with it for a look, to be fair there was a bit of decent reading in it & a few good bits but it was very much centred around cork & for people based there.

Amazed there was never a Dublin version, you'd think there'd be a market for it given the population, or maybe like most other print media these days it would struggle. I think the fact the Cork one has been in existence so long & has a built in tradition for Cork folk it has a stable market place.

I've never read it or even seen it, although I suspect that one of my grandmothers would have bought it every year. I don't think I'd even heard of it until I read about it on Boards. Bad Cork person. :D I'm sure I must have. I'll try to pick up a copy this year when I'm in Cork.

• Advertisement

I've never read it or even seen it, although I suspect that one of my grandmothers would have bought it every year. I don't think I'd even heard of it until I read about it on Boards. Bad Cork person. :D I'm sure I must have. I'll try to pick up a copy this year when I'm in Cork.

Was through this forum I learned of its existence myself. Had never heard of it up until that point. But being a born & bred Dub thats probably not a surprise!

Ice skating rinks, street lights & grotto's all to be crossed off... not much left now at all!

Our local butchers are taking turkey & ham orders too!

Ice skating rinks, street lights & grotto's all to be crossed off... not much left now at all!

Fair play DvB for remembering this one, with so much activity on the forum at the minute and so many threads on the go this totally slipped my mind.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Updated now :)

Getting there with the list.

Fresh party food was on sale at Tesco tonight!

Down to the last 4 here...

Down to the last 4 here...

I don't know how that makes me feel to be honest!

I don't know how that makes me feel to be honest!

Makes me excited!

List updated. :):)

• Advertisement

Three items left now that the RTE guide is out. :D

Advertisement