Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suede - The Blue Hour

• 22-09-2018 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71,259 ✭✭✭✭

Surprised that there hasn't been a thread yet - what do boardsies think?

Really good so far, I like 'Chalk Circles' and the last track 'Flytipping'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

its good
    liking cold hands and all the tracks that were pre released

14 songs is too much though,well 13 as one is only half a minute
    10 is enough for an album ,11 max

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Played their first album to death and then just kinda went off them. Might give this a listen. Brett's book is supposed to be very good too. Anyone read it?

Owl. wrote: »
    Played their first album to death and then just kinda went off them. Might give this a listen. Brett's book is supposed to be very good too. Anyone read it?

have you not listened to dog man star?
    its a masterpiece

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

have you not listened to dog man star?
    its a masterpiece

I don't think I've ever heard it from start to finish. I honestly don't know what happened with me and Suede.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Without hearing the rest of the album the track beyond the outskirts is insanely good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Owl. wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever heard it from start to finish. I honestly don't know what happened with me and Suede.
    You need to revisit them. Their back catalogue is ridiculously good.

Have spent the whole weekend listening to the new album and it is as expected excellent. Life is Golden is hands down the single of the year. Didn't think much of Tides or Cold Hands at first but those two have really grown on me. All the Wild Places is perhaps the only song that hasn't really done anything for me yet. As mentioned above Beyond the Outskirts is fantastic and the type of song that Suede excel at. Wastelands has the same sentiment (You and me against the world type message).

I still find it ridiculous that Suede are producing such excellent material in 2018 over 25 years since they first burst on to the scene. Gig next month in Dublin and a brand new feature length documentary about the band to be shown on Sky Arts in November. It truly is a great time to be a suede fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Life is Golden is conceivably their best song since Wild Ones. I'll always have a soft spot for The Chemistry Between Us and that whole shimmering Coming Up production, though.

Fantastic album. Wastelands, Beyond the Outskirts, Tides and Flytipping are monumental. It's overwrought as hell, but that's what you want from Suede. #2 in the UK album charts at the moment, and though that might not carry much weight anymore, it's good to see them getting the attention they deserve.

Can't wait to see them in London in two weeks.

number 5 in the uk album charts, not that it matters or anything but not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Signed vinyl copy arrived today.

Wastelands, Beyond the Outskirts, The Invisible and Flytipping are all decent songs. Life is Golden will be up there in the Top 20 Suede songs.

Listened to the album start to finish around 10 times already and its a good 7.5/10 effort IMO.

I would rate Night Thoughts slightly better than it.

still waiting on my signed CD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Plenty of Suede on Sky Arts this evening. A brand new warts and all documentary detailing the highs and lows the band experienced during the 90's early 2000's. Really looking forward to it. There's also the Royal Albert Hall comeback gig from 2010 which convinced the band to reform and make some new music. Pretty good decision in retrospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,259 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Brett and Mat talking to Stuart Maconie on 6Music after 2.30pm.

UK tour dates announced :D

ABOUT F**KING TIME!!

Got my Manchester ticket :)

its good
    liking cold hands and all the tracks that were pre released

14 songs is too much though,well 13 as one is only half a minute
    10 is enough for an album ,11 max

i take back this comment when all the songs are this good!

UK tour dates announced :D

ABOUT F**KING TIME!!

Got my Manchester ticket :)

nice,enjoy :)

Just got back from the Manchester show...absolutely phenomenal!!

The new stuff fitted in nicely with the oldies (Wastelands, Life Is Golden, The Invisibles, Flytipping).

But the highlight was Brett performing ‘The Wild Ones’ solo, with just an acoustic guitar...NO MICROPHONE!

Goosebumps, I tell ye! :)

Advertisement